Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Inspiration and being inspirational

Just a few thoughts before I get back to work - excuse my ramblings.

I end up finding/watching a lot of inspirational-type videos - they're posted to my FB feed, they show up a recommendations on YouTube, etc. I watch people helping people throughout the world - giving their time, their love, their personal space to help someone out. I often wonder what my contribution to this world is.

There a lot of shit going on in the world right now, and people are angry. Fighting mad. Pissed off. Livid. The status quo has served a very small portion of people and the rest of the world is fed up. With all the anger and mistrust floating around it's so easy to get caught up in it all. It's easy to feel small. It's easy to feel powerless. It's easy to feel overwhelmed and useless.

And then in our small little corner of the world, there's reminders of simple ways to help people. Become a patron on Patreon to support someone you like. Buy a dev's apps. Buy some IAPs. Maybe gift an app to a fellow forum member. All these things, while generous, may seem tiny in comparison to the huge problems we see outside ourselves.

And then we get something like SynthOne. Tons of investment by many folks to bring this to fruition.

Why? BECAUSE ITS WHAT WE NEED

We need more selflessness. We need more understanding. We need more inclusivity and less exclusivity. We need to understand that everyone just needs the same things we need, and sometimes that's a free synth app to make music with.

For all the things that separate us all, music is one of the few things in the world which transcends borders, language, politics, religion... it's something we all have in common that nurtures that which we have in common - our soul.

Thank you, @analog_matt & the whole AudioKit, SynthOne, & FM Player teams. You are a reminder that there's more going on here, music is simply our vehicle for making it so.

Stay positive out there, world - the end isn't here yet and we can still right this ship.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Comments