Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help...can´t connect iPad to wifi

Sorry to ask here but i thought before i go trough the Apple support i might ask you iOS music pro´s here.
While my iPhone and Macbook connect just fine to wifi i can´t get the new iPad to get a connection.
The key and settings are all right and it detects the router but always say that a connection is not possible.
Of course i already started the iPad new, the router, modem whatever....nothing.
Anyone has an idea? Maybe the new iPad won´t work with my 10 year old router? (but the iPhone and macbook does just fine).
Not a good start for trying to get a bit back to iPad music creation :s

Comments

• Does your iPad connect normally to other networks? (For checking if the iPad’s WiFi is defective )
    Can you reset the network settings on the iPad ? This will also reboot it .

• @Korakios said:
    Does your iPad connect normally to other networks? (For checking if the iPad’s WiFi is defective )
    Can you reset the network settings on the iPad ? This will also reboot it .

Thank´s! I already have done this 2 times. Not working. I have just this one network here but i never have/had problems with any other device...until now.

• not sure if this help but

check password

Renew the lease

• Sometimes rebooting the wifi-router may also help...

I had to do that quite often (1-3 times per month) with the old Netgear RT-3xx Series routers, when I couldn't connect I just rebooted the router and voila it worked again for a while :D

• Did that all.....nothing....i´m no lucky guy :o :s :'(

• What happens if you share the network from your iPhone, can you connect to that from your iPad?

• I would try to set up Mac as hotspot and see if the iPad can connect that way. Not ideal as a long-term solution but would help with troubleshooting.

• O.k. i will try that, thank´s!

• in OS X system preferences > sharing > internet sharing > wi-fi

I think thats where you find the settings.

• edited June 2018

@Hmtx said:
    in OS X system preferences > sharing > internet sharing > wi-fi

I think thats where you find the settings.

Thank you. At least i could now download Synth One to play with it and see if i like the iPad Pro workflow etc.
    But that is really annoying to begin with and i will of course send it back if there won´t be a solution to just use my iPad and connect it to the freaking net. I won´t buy a new router just because Apple think it is the only way or so... i will see.

• @Cib what kind of ancient router are you using?

Is the router running it's latest firmware? (You might be surprised but even 'old' routers can sometimes get updated many years after they have been discontinued).

Sometimes a 'factory reset' of the router can fix connectivity issues...

• Jeez, @Cib. I think all of the regulars here were aware and happy for your recent purchase, and perhaps looking forward as well to a piece of yours utilizing the already praised Audiokit SynthOne. A true zen moment!! Of course it will work out but still it is a frustrating development of a much anticipated fulfillment we can all relate to. Perhaps even experience on a daily basis with iOS music making, (I do)

For example, after reading so much about Tardigrain I downloaded it on my ipad2 and dug it a lot. All intuitive and working fine. Then I downloaded it to my ipad4 (where I always create) and, damn, it will not sample using the mic. I checked and the mic functions, but no sound when recording. Now what the hell could be the difference between the two ipads!? @Cracklepot once advised me that things just seem to happen on iOS, first they work, then they don't then they work again. No one knows why! I guess it's part of the magic.

But still, I am sorry that perfect moment of happiness was spoiled for you,. I am sure we band of brothers (and sisters) all commiserate with you. keep us posted! I hope to get a 12.9 in September and the same thing will probably happen to me (I think I can count on that as an absolute certainty)! Working by tonight!

• This router is i think older than 10 years. But all other devices here works fine.
    I even don´t know how to do update for it, lol.
    I think i just will contact the support tomorrow and if that not works i will return it and forget about iPads again.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Jeez, @Cib. I think all of the regulars here were aware and happy for your recent purchase, and perhaps looking forward as well to a piece of yours utilizing the already praised Audiokit SynthOne. A true zen moment!! Of course it will work out but still it is a frustrating development of a much anticipated fulfillment we can all relate to. Perhaps even experience on a daily basis with iOS music making, (I do)

For example, after reading so much about Tardigrain I downloaded it on my ipad2 and dug it a lot. All intuitive and working fine. Then I downloaded it to my ipad4 (where I always create) and, damn, it will not sample using the mic. I checked and the mic functions, but no sound when recording. Now what the hell could be the difference between the two ipads!? @Cracklepot once advised me that things just seem to happen on iOS, first they work, then they don't then they work again. No one knows why! I guess it's part of the magic.

But still, I am sorry that perfect moment of happiness was spoiled for you,. I am sure we band of brothers (and sisters) all commiserate with you. keep us posted! I hope to get a 12.9 in September and the same thing will probably happen to me (I think I can count on that as an absolute certainty)! Working by tonight!

Thank´s. I guess there is a way but i just want plug n´play these days :)
    I thought iOS is great here. I mean i use it since the beginning but it seems i lost track in the last 2 years a bit and use too much to mac maybe in the meantime.

• @Cib said:
    This router is i think older than 10 years. But all other devices here works fine.
    I think i just will contact the support tomorrow and if that not works i will return it and forget about iPads again.

A factory reset is worth a try even if it means re-confoguring the router and re-entering the passwords.
    I mean at 10 years old it's most likely running 802.1a/b at the 2.5Ghz band at best and well new routers are cheap.

I'm enjoying using my iPad far more than the MacBook Air. It's more 'fun' :)

• A] take it elsewhere and see if it can connect to a free wifi service somewhere else, or at a neighbour or friend.
    B] a lot of home routers are actually limited to surprisingly small amounts of simultaneous connections – for example, five! If you’ve already got all of the available connections used up with existing devices, it won’t let you on.

• @u0421793 said:
    A] take it elsewhere and see if it can connect to a free wifi service somewhere else, or at a neighbour or friend.
    B] a lot of home routers are actually limited to surprisingly small amounts of simultaneous connections – for example, five! If you’ve already got all of the available connections used up with existing devices, it won’t let you on.

Yes, thank´s. I also disconnected all other devices but still no luck.

• @Samu said:

@Cib said:
    This router is i think older than 10 years. But all other devices here works fine.

A factory reset is worth a try even if it means re-confoguring the router and re-entering the passwords.
    I mean at 10 years old it's most likely running 802.1a/b at the 2.5Ghz band at best and well new routers are cheap.

I'm enjoying using my iPad far more than the MacBook Air. It's more 'fun' :)

Well, i have to wait until the Mrs. come home because i have no clue about how to set-up this again.
    I have fun with all my devices but still prefer the macbook the most yet since i´m so used to the workflow and i really learned well to play the macbook keys as midi input :)
    On iOS everything needs a lot more time to set-up and of course the high quality is not always there in terms of sounds, FX and stuff but i really want it simple on an iPad and also think it will be a great controller and sound source to build on as well.
    I know i should buy a new router anyway but then everything else works and i payed a good amount already for the iPad Pro and pencil (but i won´t use it until i know if i won´t return the iPad).
    It´s the thing with new Apple devices. They want you to do what they want but i want them to do what I want :)
    I´m also now more of the type of man where i use things until they really broke. If my car will run still in 30 years (of course it will not) i never would buy a new one. I think i also hold my macbook until it won´t work anymore and prefer to buy here and there a new plug-in or app or SSD instead.
    I must say playing with Synth One is indeed a lot fun and it´s great on a multi-touch screen but then it also could never replace my main workflow and other tools i love.
    But all i want is a simple wifi connection (since it´s the wifi only) to download all my apps and watch you-tube and surfing in the net. I also want to take it with me if i´m out at work and having to stay in hotels etc.
    I have still 13 days to decide and i hope i have a free weekend to really dive in.
    Last time it took me a years with my iPad Air to realize that it wasn´t really the right thing for me and prefer the iPhone for touch but now i think i have to revisit it really with all these nice apps.
    But the MAIN reason to get an iPad is really NanoStudio 2. It´s exact what i want on an iPad. For everything else i think nothing beats Logic and my favorite plug-ins so far for my needs.

• @Cib: The most probable reason I can imagine is that the encryption used on the router is so old / broken that the iPad doesn't support it. You could try turning encryption off on the router, just for fun (but turn it on again soon if you happen to have neighbours :)) They won't be able to eavesdrop on you because almost everything is TLS-encrypted nowadays at the TCP level, but they'll be able to use your internet connection for hacking NASA and stuff like that.

• @Cib said:
    [...] and if that not works i will return it and forget about iPads again.

Do what you want, but where would your musical journey be if you had done that with your first Mac ???

• edited June 2018

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:
    [...] and if that not works i will return it and forget about iPads again.

Do what you want, but where would your musical journey be if you had done that with your first Mac ???

I started on iOS indeed with a phone, so i would be on iOS still ;) But it always worked as my mac too. Maybe iPads don´t like me.
    I had to return the iPad 2 because it was too blurry (non-retina). Then i liked the iPad Air but i had to replace it 2 times and then i always reached the CPU and/or RAM limit.
    I mean i still try it again now. No one can say i didn´t try :D

• Just a guess, but I suspected maybe a security setting mismatch. Then I dug up some info on IPv4 vs. IPv6. Maybe the newer iPads default to an IPv6 address, which makes it impossible to connect to an IPv4 router. In my WiFi Settings, it says IPv4 address. Maybe check your settings, and even see if you can force it to use an IPv4 address instead of IPv6, if this is actually what is causing the problem.

• Thank´s but it´s already set to IPV4.

• @Cib said:
    Thank´s but it´s already set to IPV4.

I think let the misses do it...

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Cib said:
    Thank´s but it´s already set to IPV4.

I think let the misses do it...

Well, that fits in many cases! :D

• Oh...the router is indeed 13 years old. The CD-ROM with the firmware is for windows 98 :#

• edited June 2018

This is another thing that usually helps (iPad with iOS 9.3.5):

1.- On settings, scroll down:

And next:

You'll be asked for your wi-fi pasword. It should be work.

• @Cib said:
    Oh...the router is indeed 13 years old. The CD-ROM with the firmware is for windows 98 :#

What brand/model is it? Maybe it's easier to download it from the interweb?

The 'software' on CD's is most likely an autoload web-link to the router to launch the config page.
    (Usually just http://routerip/). And if you're lucky there's a pdf-manual there as well...

• IMO you should just get a new router. Not because of Apple but because you’re limiting the security and performance of your whole home network. It’s quite likely your router is vulnerable to the KRACK hack as well as other significant other threats.

Even a mid-low end router is going to perform significantly better than what you have - for all your devices.

• Maybe a blessing in disguise? Install apps you need via iTunes/ifunbox, stay out of this update frenzy and make some beautiful music.