Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Really appreciate the presetmanagement and the wavetable Information feature !!!

• Got an announcement just now but was for the previous build, 1.05

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@mungbeans said:
    I've read a few reviews of the desktop version of this synt that mention the Cinematic presets.
    However I have both the iOS version and the desktop version (and have registered the iOS version so have the full set of presets on there). But nowhere in either can I find any set of presets called Cinematic. Also can't find any purchasable content within the app nor on Synthmaster's website called that.
    Does anybody know what the reviews are therefore referrring to?

Filter by author "DeJaVu Sound"

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how do I actually do that?
    I can see the bank of sounds by Kevin Schroeder. If I click on the Kevin one's, none of them have DeJaVu in the title.
    If I select to display all factory presets, and then in the search bar type DeJaVu nothing shows up in the search results (i'm doing this now on the Mac version of the app, but its the same on the iPad version).
    Is it the Keven Schroeder bank that is the Cinematic/DeJaVu sounds?

• @mungbeans said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@mungbeans said:
    I've read a few reviews of the desktop version of this synt that mention the Cinematic presets.
    However I have both the iOS version and the desktop version (and have registered the iOS version so have the full set of presets on there). But nowhere in either can I find any set of presets called Cinematic. Also can't find any purchasable content within the app nor on Synthmaster's website called that.

I can see the bank of sounds by Kevin Schroeder. If I click on the Kevin one's, none of them have DeJaVu in the title.
    If I select to display all factory presets, and then in the search bar type DeJaVu nothing shows up in the search results (i'm doing this now on the Mac version of the app, but its the same on the iPad version).

DeJaVu isn’t an available author in the browser....not sure what he was referencing there. But I’m pretty certain the “Cinematic” presets you are looking for are the ones by Kevin Schroeder. Just tap his name in the browser (making sure no other names or categories are highlighted) and the presets you see in the list will be filtered down to just the Cinematic presets by Kevin Schroeder.

• @Carnbot said:
    Got an announcement just now but was for the previous build, 1.05

Same here

• @Sygma said:

@Carnbot said:
    Got an announcement just now but was for the previous build, 1.05

Same here

+1 Testflight not showing new version

• @mungbeans said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@mungbeans said:

Hello, yes cinematic presets are the ones made by Kevin Schroeder

• ...and now, 1.06 beta appears - this evening is saved!

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Further workflow improvements for preset management:

I suggest a Cancel button next to OK button on the Create New Bank dialog in case we change our mind and do not want to create a new bank but just go back :smile:

• edited June 2018

Just updated to 1.0.6 and Favorites implementation is cool.
    However, the scrolling issue still persists.
    Finding the sounds in this app really, really cool and expressive with Legato and Vibrato!
    Added ALL the sounds to Favorites :smile: :smiley: :smile:
    Essentially, replaced Animoog wavetable synth with this one :neutral:

• edited June 2018

@MobileMusic said:
    Finding the sounds in this app really, really cool and expressive with Legato and Vibrato!

Okay, this app seriously needs a RATING feature so we can rate each sound on a 1-3 scale because most of the sounds are cool and fit for Favorites and we have a CLUTTER of hundreds of Favorites without the ability to identify/filter them by their rating - Good Favorites, Better Favorites and the BEST Favorites :neutral:

If Favorites are rated on 1-3 scale, they would stand at 3-5 stars.
    Non-favorite sounds would stand at 1-2 stars (total: 5 stars)
    So, a 1-5 star rating would be ideal for all sounds.
    All sounds would get a 1 star default factory rating.
    Any sounds in the Favorites bank would get a default 3 star factory rating.
    And we can further rate the sounds on our own choice.
    This is similar to the rating/filter feature in iPhotos.
    But we may not even need Favorites bank if Ratings feature is implemented on 1-5 scale with ability to filter by rating.

Never had such an issue with Favorites in any other app due to too many cool presets in SM1 :smile:

What do you think?

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

Okay, this app seriously needs a RATING feature so we can rate each sound on a 1-3 scale because most of the sounds are cool and fit for Favorites and we have a CLUTTER of hundreds of Favorites without the ability to identify/filter them by their rating - Good Favorites, Better Favorites and the BEST Favorites :neutral:

But we may not even need Favorites bank if Ratings feature is implemented on 1-5 scale with ability to filter by rating.

Never had such an issue with Favorites in any other app due to too many cool presets in SM1 :smile:

What do you think?

True, lots of good sounds. I'm not sure I would have an easy time rating them so specifically. Much of the time, a sound is just the color needed in one context, but totally wrong in another. Maybe only rate the best favorites? I don't think it would help me to try to differentiate between a 3 and 4 star patch, and maybe I was just in a good mood when I gave something mediocre a high rating. :) Rating, other than just to mark something I want to go back to again, is too much work for me, but that's just me.

• edited June 2018

@lovadamusic said:
    True, lots of good sounds. I'm not sure I would have an easy time rating them so specifically. Much of the time, a sound is just the color needed in one context, but totally wrong in another. Maybe only rate the best favorites? I don't think it would help me to try to differentiate between a 3 and 4 star patch, and maybe I was just in a good mood when I gave something mediocre a high rating. :) Rating, other than just to mark something I want to go back to again, is too much work for me, but that's just me.

Or maybe, just Ratings for the sounds in the Favorites bank only - on a scale of 1-3 to identify Good (default), Better and Best? On tapping the star icon, it could display a little popup with Good/Better/Best options with Good marked as default already. The purpose of Ratings is to color-code the display of Favorite presets for a visual cue and also use them as filters - like the ones we have for Type, Style, Author, etc. We could have filters by Ratings (Good, Better, Best filters) to shortlist the Favorites quickly.

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

What do you think?

I think you could’ve described how FM8 works in fewer words! Seriously that sounds unnecessarily complicated for the goal. Maybe in practice it’d be less involved, I dunno. Can’t we just create unique user folders and “save as” anything that strikes our fancy to the folder it deserves to live In?

• @brice said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

What do you think?

I think you could’ve described how FM8 works in fewer words! Seriously that sounds unnecessarily complicated for the goal. Maybe in practice it’d be less involved, I dunno. Can’t we just create unique user folders and “save as” anything that strikes our fancy to the folder it deserves to live In?

Works for me.

• Looking forward to the fixes. Especially knob and selection behavior fixes. To me, knobs seem tiny and I’m on an iPad Pro 12.7.
    Great synth, worth struggling with this early phase.

• edited June 2018

@brice said

I simplified my suggestion later as under:
    Or maybe, just Ratings for the sounds in the Favorites bank only - on a scale of 1-3 to identify Good (default), Better and Best? On tapping the star icon, it could display a little popup with Good/Better/Best options with Good marked as default already. The purpose of Ratings is to color-code the display of Favorite presets for a visual cue and also use them as filters - like the ones we have for Type, Style, Author, etc. We could have filters by Ratings (Good, Better, Best filters) to further shortlist the Favorites quickly.

The difference is - Favorites is a system bank that stores just the links/shortcuts/pointers to actual presets (similar to a bookmark). User banks store the actual preset itself by copying them and results in duplicates and consumes storage space. If we modify a preset in one user bank, they won’t get modified in other banks where the same preset is stored because they are all individual copies (going by Roland JD-Xi implementation of favorites/user-banks). User banks have their uses. Based on this, we would know when to just favorite a preset or when to copy a preset into a user bank for further mods to it.

I’ve favorited more than 400 sounds (80+%) and that’s overwhelming to identify which are the best ones without color-coded visual cues and ability to filter by their rating. Color-coding presets/favorites is a piece of cake based on their rating values. A synth with so many cool sounds, I would go as far as being able to add TAGs (descriptive words) to each sound and search by tags, as well - because it has a full-blown browser to filter sounds!

Rating/tagging/whatever is mostly a one time process and we can use those ranks in later projects. 500 sounds + another 300 choice presets coming as IAP in v1.1 => 800 sounds! I guess 100% of the balance 300 presets are going to be favorites :smile:

• edited June 2018

Just bought this.. I like it, sounds great!

Just some things:
    • presetlist doesn't stop scrolling sometimes.. Better turn off this ease out effect
    • why are some rotaries a lighter shade of silver? (cutoff, filter volume, arp duration etc.)
    • pop up menu’s - don’t close when clicked outside the menu
    • preset browse menu is not allways on top.. is hiddden under arp menu (when expanded)

• The rotaries being a lighter shade indicates that they are being modulated.

• edited June 2018

@PhilW said:
    The rotaries being a lighter shade indicates that they are being modulated.

ah okay.. thanx

• Has anyone had an issue with assigning midi cc 41?

• edited June 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@brice said

I simplified my suggestion later as under:
    Or maybe, just Ratings for the sounds in the Favorites bank only - on a scale of 1-3 to identify Good (default), Better and Best? On tapping the star icon, it could display a little popup with Good/Better/Best options with Good marked as default already. The purpose of Ratings is to color-code the display of Favorite presets for a visual cue and also use them as filters - like the ones we have for Type, Style, Author, etc. We could have filters by Ratings (Good, Better, Best filters) to further shortlist the Favorites quickly.

The difference is - Favorites is a system bank that stores just the links/shortcuts/pointers to actual presets (similar to a bookmark). User banks store the actual preset itself by copying them and results in duplicates and consumes storage space. If we modify a preset in one user bank, they won’t get modified in other banks where the same preset is stored because they are all individual copies (going by Roland JD-Xi implementation of favorites/user-banks). User banks have their uses. Based on this, we would know when to just favorite a preset or when to copy a preset into a user bank for further mods to it.

I’ve favorited more than 400 sounds (80+%) and that’s overwhelming to identify which are the best ones without color-coded visual cues and ability to filter by their rating. Color-coding presets/favorites is a piece of cake based on their rating values. A synth with so many cool sounds, I would go as far as being able to add TAGs (descriptive words) to each sound and search by tags, as well - because it has a full-blown browser to filter sounds!

Rating/tagging/whatever is mostly a one time process and we can use those ranks in later projects. 500 sounds + another 300 choice presets coming as IAP in v1.1 => 800 sounds! I guess 100% of the balance 300 presets are going to be favorites :smile:

Wow....I commend you for your ability to deep dive into your ratings and classifications as to be able to compare and contrast something you’ve already found to be a favorite and then figure out just how much of a favorite that favorite is. Really, that takes dedication and I admire the commitment you have with the intricacies of sound and synthesis. I just tried to approach a handful of sounds within ___mystery synth No.886-SBAP___with your raking system in mind and my favoriting abilities are on a 1-level basis.

I’d say though....you might as well just consider every preset a favorite if you’re at 80% of the whole lot. That could surely cut down on the time to scrutinize? Allowing you to explore and make stuff with them there favorites!

• edited June 2018

@brice said:
    Wow....I commend you for your ability to deep dive into your ratings and classifications as to be able to compare and contrast something you’ve already found to be a favorite and then figure out just how much of a favorite that favorite is. Really, that takes dedication and I admire the commitment you have with the intricacies of sound and synthesis. I just tried to approach a handful of sounds within ___mystery synth No.886-SBAP___with your raking system in mind and my favoriting abilities are on a 1-level basis.

I’d say though....you might as well just consider every preset a favorite if you’re at 80% of the whole lot. That could surely cut down on the time to scrutinize? Allowing you to explore and make stuff with them there favorites!

Did Brice Beasley just gave me kudos? LOL :blush:

I'm primarily a programmer and UI/UX designer, experienced in designing user-friendly interfaces and automate processes to make users' lives easy. As per Korg, ability to locate the desired presets quickly and navigate the synth with ease will add to productivity (SonicState interview).

Favorites to me so far meant maybe 25 or 50 presets at most in a synth. But not 400+ (that's a compliment). SM1 has a full blown Browser and Attributes exposed and it's not hard to implement ratings/color-coding. But I guess the color-coding factor of presets (yellow/orange/green) based on their Rating is what is going to be most useful visually. And maybe, searchable Tags for similar-sounding presets but named differently and located wide apart due to sorting by preset name so we can filter them by their common tags.

• @kv331audio_bulent The 1.06 beta is nice.
    Great work on the file manager and switching to full size works great. This is looking as good as it sounds now.

• Guys, regarding favourites/ratings:

I guess I can add 3 or 5 star rating. and the ones that are rated max (3 or 5) appear in "favourites".

How about sharing your ratings with other users? meaning that your rating is recorded in our database (if you are registered). That way we can see which presets are everone's favourites :smile:

We had "online presets library" for SynthMaster. I am planning to have the same feature for SynthMaster One and SynthMaster One iOS as well. That might be a good place to share presets with other users.

Cheers

• For me instant crashing on 1.06 full screen AUv3 in AUM, apeMatrix and Audiobus 3
    ipad pro 12.9, but hopeful this will be fixed soon....

• This idea is super great Bulent :)
    This way we can have a forum created preset pack and share. <3 <3 <3 <3

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, regarding favourites/ratings:

I guess I can add 3 or 5 star rating. and the ones that are rated max (3 or 5) appear in "favourites".

How about sharing your ratings with other users? meaning that your rating is recorded in our database (if you are registered). That way we can see which presets are everone's favourites :smile:

We had "online presets library" for SynthMaster. I am planning to have the same feature for SynthMaster One and SynthMaster One iOS as well. That might be a good place to share presets with other users.

Cheers

• @Carnbot said:
    For me instant crashing on 1.06 full screen AUv3 in AUM, apeMatrix and Audiobus 3

So far I can not reproduce this on my 12.9 inch iPad.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:
    For me instant crashing on 1.06 full screen AUv3 in AUM, apeMatrix and Audiobus 3

So far I can not reproduce this on my 12.9 inch iPad.

I'm on 11.3.1 tried rebooting and still the same result so far.

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, regarding favourites/ratings:

Cheers

WOW!! That's like taking it to the next level already. I'm glad you understood its value. This synth is going places!

We can use your dB to get analytical insights into presets, their usage, ratings, etc.

Color-Coding: Suggest that you render presets with a background color based on their rating (eg: green for 5, etc) for a visual cue and instant recognition - I'm sure users will get most use out of color-coding.

This discussion has been closed.