Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit - Update to 1.7

Hui, this came by surprise...
Great new stuff on the horizon for current and future circuit owners :)

Legato is awesome! This will make the circuit a great drone, ambient Maschine
Songmode ist pretty sweet too

Comments

• edited May 2018

Looks like I gotta dig that AA battery out from behind the couch,

• edited May 2018

:open_mouth: Pattern Chaining

• @david_2017 Yep, legato is amazing. Didnt see that coming.
    Component's synth editor looks ready nice too. Hats of to Novation, their updates to Circuit have been awesome.

• Novation is King! They still improve this box over and over again! This is so cool! Like getting a new one once a year.

But I think with every update the sales roll in - new awareness, Twitter, FB etc... they wont loose in the end ;)

• Novation is really awesome

I love my Circuit more every day!

Still

• Any notion when this will be available for we simple folk etc.?

• Love the new Editor on Components.

Nu-Trix has a great video walkthrough on it too...

• edited May 2018

I didn’t know we had alread all those wavetables on board. This new editor is really cool.thanks for sharing the video

Any chance this editor will work with Safari iOS and an iPad?

• No, only Chrome supports web midi at the moment.

• @Tarekith said:
    No, only Chrome supports web midi at the moment.

Thanks. Bummer although
    Maybe this will come one day.

• Why not just use Chrome? Or is there a different Chrome for ios?

• edited May 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why not just use Chrome? Or is there a different Chrome for ios?

Unfortunately, Chrome for iOS does not support Web MIDI.

I don't know any browsers that support Web MIDI on iPad or iPhone. There is a free app called Web MIDI Browser, which does not work with Novation Components either.

All in all, I don't know any possibility to use Novation Components under iOS.

• edited May 2018

I sold mine some time ago but always amazed by the support.
    It's the first piece of hardware synth/groove-box that gets so many extra features.

If they ever add reverse pattern and pattern speed I'll buy a new one asap!

Well done Novation !

@david_2017 said:
    I didn’t know we had alread all those wavetables on board. This new editor is really cool.thanks for sharing the video

Any chance this editor will work with Safari iOS and an iPad?

There is an (expensive) iOS editor . Don't know if it can import/export samples...

• edited May 2018

@Korakios said:
    If they ever add reverse pattern and pattern speed I'll buy a new one asap!

They've implemented this really nicely on the Circuit MonoStation so hopefully we'll see this on Circuit in future.

Although it's not on a per pattern basis. .

Actually it is on a per pattern basis. I just experimented with this, and it’s supercool!

• Anyone with me that most wanted is an option to turn off quantization?

• @klangsulfat said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why not just use Chrome? Or is there a different Chrome for ios?

Unfortunately, Chrome for iOS does not support Web MIDI.

I don't know any browsers that support Web MIDI on iPad or iPhone. There is a free app called Web MIDI Browser, which does not work with Novation Components either.

All in all, I don't know any possibility to use Novation Components under iOS.

Anyone got an android tablet That has midi over usb? Would be interesting to know if chrome on one of those works.

• Just have to say thanks for the continued updates from Novation for the Circuit. I initially bought a BSP because I was looking for a nice controller. Having an ipad I didnt need any more drums or synths but the Circuit IMHO is much easier to use and get creative with, as a controller. Its just easier! The dials are nicer too (the BSP might have better pads however)

Making patches was a little clumsy for me until this latest Components web update but now I love it. I spent the day making a few patches and saving them and loading them onto the Circuit is intuitive. You can also browse patches from any packs, give them a try and save the ones you want on your circuit. Thats huge for me.

Really enjoying the Circuit and feel that Novation is a company I can trust and want to invest in (I always buy second hand :/ :/ )

The consequence is that if I got a grand together atm I would probably go for their Peak instead of the Arturias MaxtixBrute

• One month later,... does anyone heard anything?
    But hopefully for the holidays ready haha

• @david_2017 said:
    One month later,... does anyone heard anything?
    But hopefully for the holidays ready haha

Could be worse other updates have taken longer. I’m excited about pattern chaining, because previously you really can’t even do any 12 bar music. I mean I did 12 bar once on it, but it was 120 steps in 5\8, so not exactly a normal 12 bar. I’m hoping the new pattern chain will be good enough for live playing.

• Where is it? Anyone hear?

• They told me the have good news... soon.

@Redo1 said:
    Where is it? Anyone hear?

• I'm waiting for it to drop to sell mine... gonna cash in on the gear junkies.

• @shiftsynth1 said:
    I'm waiting for it to drop to sell mine... gonna cash in on the gear junkies.

Sell it?

Why?

Not exactly futures or interesting blue chips to be selling based on that.

• So when is this update due?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Sell it?

Why?

Not exactly futures or interesting blue chips to be selling based on that.

Oh I just don't use it. I like the device but decided to sell it just after 1.7 was announced. I'm thinking if I wait until 1.7 is released I will probably get a bit more cash on Ebay than what I bought it for. I've tried hard to get it to work in my set up but I find it too clunky for couch production but not deep enough for desk work. Nothing against it thought.

• edited July 2018

Oh money off Novation Hardware.

15%.

• Thanks for sharing. Just saw it too... ;)
    Do you knowing elektron is doing here and there some sales too?!

• £276 for a Mini Nova, £108 for a Mk2 25Keys not bad.

• Thanks! Finally we got a date :)