Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any other guitar player singers struggle with small buttons on pedals?

So I’m a singer and guitar player and I do a fair bit of pedal switching whilst singing which I’ve got pretty well mastered but with one problem. I am limited to having boss pedals due to the large foot switch as I often miss the small round buttons you find on most pedals. My dd3 delay just died and I fancy something different to boss but they’re all the tiny round foot switches.

Anyway it got me thinking that I’ve never come across another musician or a thread which mentions someone having the same problem so I thought i’d start a thread on an iOS mobile forum as it’s the only forum I really use ha ha.. :)

Comments

• I don't necessarily have problems hitting the smaller buttons, but I hate how some of them have that loud CLICK! sound and some don't. Definitely prefer the quieter ones myself.

Actually, now that I think about it some more, I play barefoot a lot (at home) and the smaller buttons are definitely less comfy to step on compared to some of the larger ones like the boss units.

• Go for something Digitech - a Hardwire dl-8 or a Digidelay. Or upgrade to a Boss DD-7

• @Extnctn6 said:
    So I’m a singer and guitar player and I do a fair bit of pedal switching whilst singing which I’ve got pretty well mastered but with one problem. I am limited to having boss pedals due to the large foot switch as I often miss the small round buttons you find on most pedals. My dd3 delay just died and I fancy something different to boss but they’re all the tiny round foot switches.

Anyway it got me thinking that I’ve never come across another musician or a thread which mentions someone having the same problem so I thought i’d start a thread on an iOS mobile forum as it’s the only forum I really use ha ha.. :)

Interesting. I’m a singer too, and I’ve never had trouble with any pedal switches other than the occasional wah wah mishap. Maybe you just need to get used to them?

I’ve never heard of this before.

• Yeah I play barefoot at home too mate so I can relate!

I actually use two pedal boards (at once) I have my main one which goes under my mic stand with x4 boss pedals in a row sat close to each other (super overdrive/reverb/ds1/dd3 and then also wah on the side) and then say I’m playing a clean rhythm part with reverb I can sidestep the distortion reverb and delay all at once to go straight into my solo sound or whatever. Then I have my board on the side which is just a line 6 m9 with expression pedals which is basically a box of tricks I only use on instrumental bits when I’m not singing or our bass player is singing. -by the way line 6 m9 =great great pedal but terrible switches I’ve broken several now and I’m on my second unit in about 5/6 years. I opened it up to replace them and those sturdy metal switches go directly onto a circuit board mounted teeny tiny little switch. I was quite shocked when I first saw them as it appears to be very well built.

@pichi have you used them digitech pedals and did you like their sound? How were they for volume drop? I’ve only had one digitech pedal in the past and it put me off digitech but admittedly I didn’t give them much of a chance...

• @pichi have you used them digitech pedals and did you like their sound? How were they for volume drop? I’ve only had one digitech pedal in the past and it put me off digitech but admittedly I didn’t give them much of a chance...

My experience has been really good with digitech. They are up there with Boss as far as value for money and durability goes. Hardwire pedals in particular are high quality and bought new cost more than those that bare the digitech name, they are also true bypass. For delay I can recommend the Hardwire dl8 as you can switch true bypass on or off if you want 'trails' on your delay. It also comes with a handy looper.
    Under the digitech name I have the Bad Monkey and Timebender. Haven't noticed any volume drops.

• I use pedal switch caps.

Perfect for switching on with fingers or barefoot.

MOOER GE200 Multi Effects Kit (Footswitch Topper) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BS6QZF7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CfemBbD160GY9

Sonicake Guitar Effects Pedal Footswitch Topper, Effects Pedal Accessories Protection Cap with Mixed Colors (5PCS/Set) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777J1LQX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7demBbZ50V3MS

• Have you thought about changing your footwear? Maybe that’s the problem. I’ve used a couple rotary simulators on the floor, and a couple delay pedals on top of a keyboard, but I have noticed some guitar players have to wear certain kinds of shoes that they are used to switching all those things with. I know my brother can manage several different brand pedals while singing, changing volumes and pickups, switching lyrics, mostly lead vocals, playing rhythm/lead guitar, and running sound for his own band. So, I’m sure you’ll figure it out eventually.

• Why not using iOS apps with a big footswitch controller? ( behringer fcb 1010 is a tank )

• I've always kept it simple to a boost and a delay pedal when playing live because of this very reason