Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC-11?

Hey, a friend of mine on the forum said he uses multiple iPads using TC-11 and TC data. First time I heard of them. They look amazing d a bit beyond me. There is also TC Performer which is a free download. Never saw these mentioned on the forum. Any experiences to share about it?

Comments

• edited June 2018

TC11 is fun to dive into even for a novice. You can learn to tweak it and ramp up while enjoying the presets. I still use it from time to time for digital sounding synth fx. I wager it is on more of my tracks-in-progress than I realize. The play-ability makes it great for 'fitting into' a track. TC Data is cool if you know you are into that sort of thing but I never got into it. not a midi head so much, but mad respect for the craft.

As for the TC11 price... woah... I cant recall paying that much... glad I have it... the dev deserves it, but like I said... woah. hmm, sure glad i got it back in the crazy days as now I would probably not get it with all the options out there and Synthmaster One packs coming any day now.

• Tc data is a great midi controller. Put a key lock after it, and you can just noodle away.

• edited June 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    ... Never saw these mentioned on the forum. Any experiences to share about it?

both apps have been mentioned numerous times, but they exist for ages and there's few to change/improve them. They just do the job...

TC-11 is the easiest way to explore the control approach, which is VERY different from any other midi controller (because you immediately hear the result).
    If you get the hang on it, then use TC-Data to control other synths (internal or external) by midi CCs. It's same method, just to a different destination.

While you can 'just noodle away' with them, which most (horrible) videos show, some thoughts about the operation is much more rewarding - the initial curve is steep, but worth the effort.
    The core principle is that you (essentially) build your own gestures that allow the control of several parameters simultanously, something that's impossible with physical dials.
    Sensitivity and reaction can be adjusted very precisely by range selection and response curve.

The most challenging part is to get an idea about all those touch details, what a group is, how time influences the event processing etc. Takes some patience to observe the screen visuals (which are not for the sake of a cool look, but visualize parameters and their relation)

• TC-11 contains a remarkable synthesis engine combined with an interesting gesture-based playing and modulation control, you could even e.g. use the camera brightness to modulate synth parameters.
    That may be fun as a "show-off" app, yet it's hardly useful for most of us because its engine can neither be used as IAA nor AUv3 nor be played via MIDI, which makes it stay in a more exotic, experimental and rather expensive world.

• @rs2000 said:
    TC-11 contains a remarkable synthesis engine combined with an interesting gesture-based playing and modulation control, you could even e.g. use the camera brightness to modulate synth parameters.
    That may be fun as a "show-off" app, yet it's hardly useful for most of us because its engine can neither be used as IAA nor AUv3 nor be played via MIDI, which makes it stay in a more exotic, experimental and rather expensive world.

Sure I had TC 11 working inside ApeMatrix a few days ago.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@rs2000 said:
    TC-11 contains a remarkable synthesis engine combined with an interesting gesture-based playing and modulation control, you could even e.g. use the camera brightness to modulate synth parameters.

So how did you play it?

• the section up to 1.40 min is played live in TC-11 only...

• @rs2000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@rs2000 said:

So how did you play it?

it's always been an IAA generator so you can host and record in AUM/apeMatrix etc

• @Carnbot said:

@rs2000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@rs2000 said:

So how did you play it?

it's always been an IAA generator so you can host and record in AUM/apeMatrix etc

Yah I sample the snot out of it in BM3 as an IAA. Works great!

• I used TC-11 on my track, Visions Of The Future.

• edited June 2018

Sweet saxxy future track!

• edited June 2018

@AudioGus said:

Haha, thx, @AudioGus !

The thing about these “soundscape” or auto generator type of apps is that you kinda gotta use them as a starting point and then build your whole track around it. But in this case I already had the tune in the works and was able to layer it in for that future vibe I needed. It definitely played a prominent role in mix, but didn’t have to take over the whole track. The tricky part was matching up the tempo and key. I couldn’t find a straightforward way to do that in TC-11, so I just generated the audio and then used the DAW to line things up.

• Actually, I just remembered that Jakob Haq (whose voice sample is featured in Visions Of The Future) did an extensive, 5-part video Guide to TC-11. (Which, had I consulted, maybe I could have figured out how to set key and tempo! :p )

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

Haha, thx, @AudioGus !

The thing about these “soundscape” or auto generator type of apps is that you kinda gotta use them as a starting point and then build your whole track around it. But in this case I already had the tune in the works and was able to layer it in for that future vibe I needed. It definitely played a prominent role in mix, but didn’t have to take over the whole track. The tricky part was matching up the tempo and key. I couldn’t find a straightforward way to do that in TC-11, so I just generated the audio and then used the DAW to line things up.

Yah for me it is certainly a fodder for the chopper. I also like feeding tc11 recordings into Egoist. Thanks for the vid, had no idea Master Haq did one!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Actually, I just remembered that Jakob Haq (whose voice sample is featured in Visions Of The Future) did an extensive, 5-part video Guide to TC-11. (Which, had I consulted, maybe I could have figured out how to set key and tempo! :p )

I always wondered why Jacob stopped making this series without completing it. For me, there was a bit too much scene-setting in the opening videos without getting into what confused people about TC-11, ie. the actual patch-making. This would have been fine if the entire tutorial series had been completed, but now it’s like one of those free tasters before you have to pay for the main course... except there’s no main course!

• edited June 2018

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Actually, I just remembered that Jakob Haq (whose voice sample is featured in Visions Of The Future) did an extensive, 5-part video Guide to TC-11. (Which, had I consulted, maybe I could have figured out how to set key and tempo! :p )

I always wondered why Jacob stopped making this series without completing it. For me, there was a bit too much scene-setting in the opening videos without getting into what confused people about TC-11, ie. the actual patch-making. This would have been fine if the entire tutorial series had been completed, but now it’s like one of those free tasters before you have to pay for the main course... except there’s no main course!

You guys are clicking thru to the YouTube playlist and seeing all FIVE VIDEOS in the series, right?

It’s been a while since I watched it all, but as I recall, he covers pretty much everything by the time he gets to the fifth installment. ?

• Here's a video I made with nothing but TC-11. I kind of wish I hadn't dropped the 25 bucks on it. I don't use it and wish I could sell it.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

Haha, thx, @AudioGus !

The thing about these “soundscape” or auto generator type of apps is that you kinda gotta use them as a starting point and then build your whole track around it. But in this case I already had the tune in the works and was able to layer it in for that future vibe I needed. It definitely played a prominent role in mix, but didn’t have to take over the whole track.

the TC-11 part (with it's slightly tinny nature) fits perfectly into this dense, bass driven funk mix. Great idea and well performed. :+1:

• edited June 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Here's a video I made with nothing but TC-11. I kind of wish I hadn't dropped the 25 bucks on it. I don't use it and wish I could sell it.

Me Kühl, like this music this very much. Quality sir! Ugh!

• @Telefunky said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

Haha, thx, @AudioGus !

The thing about these “soundscape” or auto generator type of apps is that you kinda gotta use them as a starting point and then build your whole track around it. But in this case I already had the tune in the works and was able to layer it in for that future vibe I needed. It definitely played a prominent role in mix, but didn’t have to take over the whole track.

the TC-11 part (with it's slightly tinny nature) fits perfectly into this dense, bass driven funk mix. Great idea and well performed. :+1:

Thanks, @Telefunky ! I was waiving and tilting the iPad in the air, using the accelerometer sensor to modulate. Wild thrills! :p

• Hey all resurrecting this thread to let you know I'm having an open public beta for both TC-11 3.3 and TC-Data 2.2. If you're interested in helping test things out for iOS 13 / iPadOS, please jump in!

I think this version is as stable as the current store version. However I'm still hunting down some bugs that users have reported, namely where changing patches causes crashing. So if you're seeing that issue, please load up the beta and crash the thing into the ground for me.

TC-11 3.3 beta:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/Jtc64bMh

TC-Data 2.2 beta:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/SSnJhhdA

Feel free to share those links, and thanks!

• Downloading right now and testing.

• still hoping for a TC-beatmachine thingy that allows you to mangle samples with the TC interface... I know I know (runs and hides)

• Thanks for these open invites.

Been curious about TC-Data for a long time!

• @BitShapeSoft said:
    Hey all resurrecting this thread to let you know I'm having an open public beta for both TC-11 3.3 and TC-Data 2.2. If you're interested in helping test things out for iOS 13 / iPadOS, please jump in!

I think this version is as stable as the current store version. However I'm still hunting down some bugs that users have reported, namely where changing patches causes crashing. So if you're seeing that issue, please load up the beta and crash the thing into the ground for me.

TC-11 3.3 beta:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/Jtc64bMh

TC-Data 2.2 beta:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/SSnJhhdA

Feel free to share those links, and thanks!

Very nice!! I love TC-11 and am going to download both to test em out!

• Nice, thanks, going to give them a try.

• edited September 2019

Quickly tested TC-Data and Model D.

Was thinking it wouldn’t work as no mention of TC-Data on the midi I/O page inside Model D

This is way more useful than I had previously imagined. Thanks for making this thing @BitShapeSoft

• @BitShapeSoft Tempo/scale lock for TC-11 please if possible !

I’ve asked before via the support page and here on AB forum so apologies to repeat it once again o:)

• To clarify, I’d like the option to lock these parameters so that patches can be browsed more easily in the context of a wider piece of music. (without having to edit these per patch each time)

If MIDI clock sync is planned then that would essentially fulfil the first part of that idea but locking key/scale settings would still be great for my use case.

This is probably applicable to TC-data too but I don’t own that one yet.
    Cheers.