Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• Hmm,... I wanted to create some templates for my drum machines.
    starting with ruismaker... I know that ruismaker uses C#3, D#3, F#3 etc. (all black keys in a row for 8 notes).
    However when I program SAP with these notes I have no sound triggering when using G#3, A#3, C#4, D#4 and F#4.
    Can someone confirm that?

When I hook up mood for instance all notes are being triggered. When I use the AUM builtin keyboard all ruismaker sounds can be triggered also with G#3, A#3 etc.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hmm,... I wanted to create some templates for my drum machines.
    starting with ruismaker... I know that ruismaker uses C#3, D#3, F#3 etc. (all black keys in a row for 8 notes).
    However when I program SAP with these notes I have no sound triggering when using G#3, A#3, C#4, D#4 and F#4.

When I hook up mood for instance all notes are being triggered. When I use the AUM builtin keyboard all ruismaker sounds can be triggered also with G#3, A#3 etc.

Seems like it starts at C#2 (kick) up to F#3...

• @RajahP said:

@david_2017 said:

Intersting, you are right... but when I use the AUM Keyboard I am at C#3 - F#4. How can this be!?

• The „old“ problem with counting. Some start at 0, some at 1 - I guess.

• @david_2017 said:

@RajahP said:

@david_2017 said:

Intersting, you are right... but when I use the AUM Keyboard I am at C#3 - F#4. How can this be!?

I guess some 'maps' are an octave up or down... Beathawk drumkits are an octave up..

But I usually use ruismaker in GM mode...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    The „old“ problem with counting. Some start at 0, some at 1 - I guess.

@RajahP said:

@david_2017 said:

@RajahP said:

@david_2017 said:

I guess some 'maps' are an octave up or down... Beathawk drumkits are an octave up..

But I usually use ruismaker in GM mode...

Cool, thanks guys. This is interesting, never realized this.
    I will have to try a bit until I have my fav drummers SPA ready :)

• For those waiting for an AUv3 version of ChordPolyPad: According to the last paragraph of this french interview with the developer it's not in the cards, unfortunately:
    https://planethomestudio.com/a-la-une/438-interview-laurent-colson.html

• @Munibeast said:
    For those waiting for an AUv3 version of ChordPolyPad: According to the last paragraph of this french interview with the developer it's not in the cards, unfortunately:

It’s probably just me but I’m not really desperate for an AU version of CPP. Feels very much like it was meant to be an external thing. SPA, however, ROCKS as an AU. I use it way more now.

• @DCJ said:

@Munibeast said:
    For those waiting for an AUv3 version of ChordPolyPad: According to the last paragraph of this french interview with the developer it's not in the cards, unfortunately:

It’s probably just me but I’m not really desperate for an AU version of CPP. Feels very much like it was meant to be an external thing. SPA, however, ROCKS as an AU. I use it way more now.

Out of interest, what do you find yourself hosting SPA AU in?

• @JohnnyGoodyear pretty much AUM. Was using it in ApeMatrix when it first came out but haven’t opened that one up again in a while. I’m trying to embrace the modular approach to iOS music making, but am always finding myself wanting more control and tools that I can use with intention. I like running SPA in sequencer mode and drawing in a melody or bassline to start everything off. Then I might load it on a couple more channels and feed the melody or bassline into it in arp mode.

That’s more than you asked but there you go. :#

• @DCJ said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear pretty much AUM. Was using it in ApeMatrix when it first came out but haven’t opened that one up again in a while. I’m trying to embrace the modular approach to iOS music making, but am always finding myself wanting more control and tools that I can use with intention. I like running SPA in sequencer mode and drawing in a melody or bassline to start everything off. Then I might load it on a couple more channels and feed the melody or bassline into it in arp mode.

That’s more than you asked but there you go. :#

Generous answer and just what I wanted, thank you.

• Has anyone got grooverider-gr16 working with SPA?
    Also any template shares or preset shares going?
    Cheers

• @spidergod said:
    Has anyone got grooverider-gr16 working with SPA?
    Cheers

Just did the new Bluetooth MIDI in GR-16 (from iPhone)..... And Yes SPAu is a blast shooting into GR-16. On the same iPad, one need to set it up as ‘Poly’ and use midi channels to send to the 16 pads (per channel). *Did use ‘Omni’ to get Future Drummer on the 1-8 pads doing Drums::
    Did notice some latency with Bluetooth MIDI... hope to get it right..

Yes please, let’s do some presets sharing... got some ‘private stock’ will love to share and hear what others have.. How do we go about sharing?

• @RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

Just did the new Bluetooth MIDI in GR-16 (from iPhone)..... And Yes SPAu is a blast shooting into GR-16. On the same iPad, one need to set it up as ‘Poly’ and use midi channels to send to the 16 pads (per channel). *Did use ‘Omni’ to get Future Drummer on the 1-8 pads doing Drums::

Yes please, let’s do some presets sharing... got some ‘private stock’ will love to share and hear what others have.. How do we go about sharing?

That sounds interesting, I have come to a bit of a problem with Grooverider though and it seems it is the way IAA sync works (even when disabled), recording a track using the external midi without the pattern playing in (just the external midi triggered pads) is the issue. Not sure if there is a neat solution to the problem.

As for sharing presets you could use something like onedrive or dropbox, not sure if you can share links via Icloud?

• @spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

Yes please, let’s do some presets sharing... got some ‘private stock’ will love to share and ht... hear what others have.. How do we go about sharing?

That sounds interesting, I have come to a bit of a problem with Grooverider though and it seems it is the way IAA sync works (even when disabled), recording a track using the external midi without the pattern playing in (just the external midi triggered pads) is the issue. Not sure if there is a neat solution to the problem.

As for sharing presets you could use something like onedrive or dropbox, not sure if you can share links via Icloud?

If I got you right... I guess you are trying to record to ‘one’ pad... But instead, it is triggering multiple pads... ?

Try switching from Omni to Poly in GR’s ‘Settings-Midi in’...

• @RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

Yes please, let’s do some presets sharing... got some ‘private stock’ will love to share and ht... hear what others have.. How do we go about sharing?

If I got you right... I guess you are trying to record to ‘one’ pad... But instead, it is triggering multiple pads... ?

I have got poly set.
    What is happening is that I have an external midi software that is playing a pattern which is triggering the pads in Grooverider.
    I am using Pattern A62 and it works fine with the external app triggering, it is just when I get to recording ,instead of just recording the external pad triggered sounds, it starts to play the programmed pattern.
    Seems the only way of getting around this is to mute each pad that I am not triggering with the external midi program, which is a bit fiddly.

• @spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

I have got poly set.
    What is happening is that I have an external midi software that is playing a pattern which is triggering the pads in Grooverider.
    I am using Pattern A62 and it works fine with the external app triggering, it is just when I get to recording ,instead of just recording the external pad triggered sounds, it starts to play the programmed pattern.
    Seems the only way of getting around this is to mute each pad that I am not triggering with the external midi program, which is a bit fiddly.

What is this external app/midi software?

• @RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

I have got poly set.

I am using Wotja via RTPmidi.

• @spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

I have got poly set.

Ok, I think you are trying to use A62 pattern (Outro 1) as a sound bank/module to record your own midi sequences to GR 16.. which already has midi data written... I think you will need to erase the midi data on the pad/s that you want to record to..

• @RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:

@RajahP said:

@spidergod said:
    Cheers

I have got poly set.

Ok, I think you are trying to use A62 pattern (Outro 1) as a sound bank/module to record your own midi sequences to GR 16.. which already has midi data written... I think you will need to erase the midi data on the pad/s that you want to record to..

Yeah I think you might be right, will have to delete the pattern sequence I think.
    Pity their is no way of triggering pads via midi in Mute mode of Grooverider.

• Updated... to v 4.1..

Discovered the two finger gesture to zoom in on the ...well..

The grid contains events that are affecting the way the arpeggiator is processing notes played. You can zoom the grid vertically and horizon- tally with a pinch gesture, and scroll it with 2 fingers.

Pretty slick..

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@tja said:
    I hope, that the old app can still be downloaded by those who bought it.

Yes it can

I want the old app but ... That's probably not possible now since I didn't buy it then

• edited June 2018

My new best friends

And the result of the friendship

• @echoopera said:
    My new best friends

Very nice. Was some of that played live, or was it generative, or programmed, or what?

• edited June 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@echoopera said:
    My new best friends

Very nice. Was some of that played live, or was it generative, or programmed, or what?

Many thanks. It was all preprogrammed and noodled live in different places. I jumped around sequences, added and removed notes and adjusted probability during the recording of the MIDI data.

• edited June 2018

@echoopera said:
    My new best friends

SPA has always been a fave and I bought the new version as much as a thanks/support. Haven't used it yet, but your pic of it comfy there in Cubby is certainly motivating....added as an effect to Zeeon....which looks like boffinery to me, but I will wander off and poke about :) Anything tricky that we simple folks should know about?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:
    My new best friends

SPA has always been a fave and I bought the new version as much as a thanks/support. Haven't used it yet, but your pic of it comfy there in Cubby is certainly motivating....added as an effect to Zeeon....which looks like boffinery to me, but I will wander off and poke about :) Anything tricky that we simple folks should know about?

Hahah. Love your replies mate. Nah. It’s pretty straight forward. Hours of joy joy fun fun to be had with this enabler.

• @echoopera said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@echoopera said:
    My new best friends

Many thanks. It was all preprogrammed and noodled live in different places. I jumped around sequences, added and removed notes and adjusted probability during the recording of the MIDI data.

I ask because it has a human feeling to it. Well done.

• Uff.

15 pages.

I own StepPolyArp, but not the new AU Version.

I need a recommendation:

For someone, who like this App, but does not use it very often, do you see the need to upgrade to the AU Version? Can it do major things that the former version cannot?

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

@tja said:
    Uff.

15 pages.

I own StepPolyArp, but not the new AU Version.

I need a recommendation:

For someone, who like this App, but does not use it very often, do you see the need to upgrade to the AU Version? Can it do major things that the former version cannot?

No, it doesn't add significant functionality for a casual user. Having it as an AU adds hugely to the convenience, flexibility and most importantly, has complete state saving. But, if the possibilities of that don't strike your imagination, then I can't honestly say it's a must have based on your post.

(To me it's TOTALLY WORTH IT though! One of the top purchases I've made on iOS, even though I own the IAA version as well.)