Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

June 2018 Sound Design Fest - Volt

Discussion and presets to follow here.

A couple of notes:

if you are submitting presets it would be helpful if you label them by sound type, please adhere to the following convention:

ARP preset name
ATMOS preset name
BASS preset name
KEYS preset name
LEAD preset name
PAD preset name
FX preset name
PERC preset name

Also if you want to include your name or initials in the preset name that's OK with me, so for example if you create a preset called "I'm So Funky" you would name it like this:

BASS RY I'm So Funky

Comments

• 1.3 will follow soon (hopefully next week) and add better preset management, iCloud presets and the much requested randomizer.

(Saw this in the other thread)

• @david_2017 said:

1.3 will follow soon (hopefully next week) and add better preset management, iCloud presets and the much requested randomizer.

(Saw this in the other thread)

That will be handy!

• Yay! Volt.

Thanks for organising this Richard.

I’ll try and get my act together and create a few.

• So, what do we do with the finished sounds?
    I at least tried to program one today :neutral:

• Considering all the problems some users are having with Layr, maybe we should do a little test to make sure everyone can import with no problems once 1.3 comes out.

• I’m so lucky that I did the collections for Model D and Zeeon. They were so easy to make and import sounds for :p

• @Kühl said:
    So, what do we do with the finished sounds?
    I at least tried to program one today :neutral:

Submit them to this thread with a link (Dropbox or whatever) at the end of the month. It's easier if you submit them in one go.

• 10-4 !
    Can't wait to create and hear everyone's

• I must be blind...How can I export my preset from Volt into dropbox ? Can anyone provide a little (but complete) procedure ?

• @ka010 said he is working on an update with better preset management. It might be an idea to hold off exporting presets until that gets released?

• Is this synth worth it if you have no access to MPE functionality? The general impression I get is it’s buggy.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Is this synth worth it if you have no access to MPE functionality? The general impression I get is it’s buggy.

I think the bugs are minor and the developer is picking them off quickly. It’s a new synth still.

Is it worth it? It won the vote, so I would say yes! I certainly think so. You can get some really interesting sounds out of it. A lot of thought has gone into the design as well and keeping programming simple. Quality FX as well. This is one of the good ones in my view.

• So what are people's thoughts on Volt so far? It's definitely a synth with it's own character, and it seems to me to be more suited to certain sounds than others IMO.

One thing I really like is the crazy long reverb decay time, you can make amazing pads using that. The filter I'm a lot less sure about, it gets a bit too squelchy a bit too quickly for me, hard to make smooth sounds with it (maybe that's possibly due to lack of oversampling? It's certainly not as smooth as say Zeeon or Model D).

• @richardyot said:

The filter I'm a lot less sure about, it gets a bit too squelchy a bit too quickly for me, hard to make smooth sounds with it (maybe that's possibly due to lack of oversampling? It's certainly not as smooth as say Zeeon or Model D).

The harshness of the filter is such a hard thing for me to get around. I gravitate toward more organic sounds so even Model D is tough for me to get behind and Volt is even more squelchy. Too bad this fest aligns with the release of Synthmaster, I drowning in smooth organic sounds with that beast. It is def going to cut into my experimentation with Volt.

• I still love it but have run into bugs in trying to push the boundaries a little too hard perhaps. :D

I think I’ve already made my fair share of sounds to submit so I’m just waiting until later in the month to post. I really like what comes out of this synth in programming. So much that I’ve barely touched the presets.

• I really like it.

• simple to programme
    • nice raw analogue sound
    • great for pads
    • one of the only programmable MPE synths I have (Roli Noise not programmable)
    • iPhone
    • Not too heavy on the processor
    • Flexible onscreeen keyboard for playing live

Could do with ‘in scale keys only shown’ keyboard option. Plus better preset management (which is coming).

It’s got its own sound character too. Can’t do that many different things - but what it does do sounds pretty good to my ear.

• @ka010 we’re excited for the new preset manager and randomiser. Any ETA please? I think the patch manager will encourage a big patch fest :smile:

Cheers!

• @gusgranite said:
    @ka010 we’re excited for the new preset manager and randomiser. Any ETA please? I think the patch manager will encourage a big patch fest :smile:

Cheers!

LOL I pushed the button like 5 minutes ago! Should be live shortly, enjoy :)

• @ka010 said:

@gusgranite said:
    @ka010 we’re excited for the new preset manager and randomiser. Any ETA please? I think the patch manager will encourage a big patch fest :smile:

Cheers!

Amazing! Patch fest is GO! :smiley:

• @ka010 said:

@gusgranite said:

Cheers!

Awesome - I was just wondering about that :)

• Was thinking to push this thread today too haha

• AppStore propagation is taking forever again, sorry guys. Looking forward to some funky patches tho! B)

• great, looking forward to this update :)

• edited June 2018

@ka010 the update has dropped!

It looks incredible but I am getting crashes in AUM whenever going into presets (in AU). On the 8+, latest iOS, using headphones through the lightening connector. (Can’t test it any other way as my wife is asleep next to me :smile: ).

• The randomiser is great but it was producing some out of range values in the relative mode (I set it to randomise everything). The ADSR attack slider totally disappeared and the LFO was minus -22 Hz.

• @gusgranite said:

It looks incredible but I am getting crashes in AUM whenever going into presets (in AU). On the 8+, latest iOS, using headphones through the lightening connector. (Can’t test it any other way as my wife is asleep next to me :smile: ).

Hmm thats not good... I can't seem to reproduce it tho. Does it crash when opening the browser or when selecting a preset? Also did you run the standalone at least once after the update or did you go straight to the AU? If it's the latter try starting up the standalone.

• @ka010 said:

@gusgranite said:

Hmm thats not good... I can't seem to reproduce it tho. Does it crash when opening the browser or when selecting a preset? Also did you run the standalone at least once after the update or did you go straight to the AU? If it's the latter try starting up the standalone.

Ok, I hadn’t run stand-alone first. That has fixed the crashing!
    However, when running the AU in AUM on the 8+ I do not get to see any presets in the preset browser. It is blank. They are there in standalone.

• Wow. This randomizer is a thing of beauty!! Talk about dialling it in. E.g. I love being able to remove Noise from the mix so I can add that after.

Amazing work!