Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GALILEO 2 Organ by Yonac - With AUv3 Support - Demo for the iPad

Comments

• @JRSIV said:
    Holy shit this thing smokes...is it 100% better than Galileo I? No. But with my Sony MDR 7506’s and then through monitors A-B-ing the two definitely showed me how much GII is worth it.

I’m no keyboardist really, I know all the chords & inversions and write & play bits for keys okay but I love B3 Organ on certain things, especially stabs & cool murky pads. GII has a real analog warmth and bite to the models that GI had a bit of but the new cut bleeds it like a faucet.

Douglas did a great job showing the new details, and yes the FX upgrade is worth it...having all of the patches variables self contained in the app vs. having different AU’s for this & that is convenient and the effects are incredible.

Get it through Doug’s link, if you have even a minor appreciation for Organ tones you will love this beeyautch.

I have used Galileo V1 for a long time, fabolous app, but there were some bugs that bothered me. With regards to V2:

• How does it sound when overlapping register when playing notes one octave apart? V1 sounded unpredictably slightly out of tune, so the harmonic content changed at every chord repetition;
    • Have the transistor models improved? Do they have their typical vibrato?
    • Has the pre-amp improved? Always found it a bit shrill, but essential to recreate some sounds;
    • What are the 6 additional organs? Club, Pilon, Supra4, Raver, Vima, Kulp... Is there a Suzuki emulation?
    • Can we use it as fx processor? Bugs me that many music apps have great fx sections but can't be used for external gear.

I have to justify buying this all over again. AUv3, while nice, is not essential in my workflow.

• I bought the reggae presets for g1. Is there any way I can transfer them to g2?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MikeyP said:
    I own Galileo already. What might cause me to spring for this upgrade?

Saving your battery ?
    Galileo IAA, although awesome sounding, is one of the apps that I suffered a lot with Zombie IAA, resulting in among other things, battery drain.

That was the long way of saying AUv3 btw :D

AUv3 doesnt sell me (at this point) but reduced battery drain most definitely does!

• Hey, has anyone done a video showing the difference between the B3 and rotary on G1 versus G2? That would be helpful. :smiley: it would also be helpful to get a comparison of CPU usage when playing the two apps.

• @fattigman said:
    I bought the reggae presets for g1. Is there any way I can transfer them to g2?

Yes, I just emailed the folder to myself and opened it in G2.

• @gusgranite thanks it worked.

• @fattigman said:
    @gusgranite thanks it worked.

Good to know....

• edited June 2018

I am gonna be a heretic here.

I normally LOVE all Yonac apps.

ALL OF THEM.

But, I must say, this is the first app from them that has not made me really excited.

I realize it is a redo.

But, that being said.

After using it and hearing HEARING this app.

I don't see me using this over my Module sounds IAA or Beat Hawk IAP for other needs.

Maybe they will tweak the sound quality of many of the presets.

But, on my devices, it was not professional grade like I normally expect and get from these guys.

Of course just my stupid opinion.

I bought the "ALL PACKAGE" IAP with the 50% off and can't say that is more than what the factory FX should have been anyway.

Same Fx as Kaspar and other Yonac apps.

I think this launch was less than stellar.

Better luck next time. Hope fully I will come to feel different.

• Has anyone found which preset will sound the closest to a real Hammond B3 in Galileo 2? I have never been able to find a great Hammond sound in G1 and I ended up using the Real Jazz preset but even so it didn't convince me enough. Also, are the base sounds themselves different from G1 or have they been updated/redone?

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K

The presets suck, many don’t sound like an organ even. Just make a basic organ patch or load your old ones from v1 and adjust where needed because it’s not quite the same. I’m happy with v2, if anything because now I have 2 of the single most important iOS app I have in case one ever breaks. I wouldn’t want to pay full price of all this plus expansion though. The included standard Leslie of v2 isn’t as good as the included one in v1. I like the expansion Leslie of v2 best though, can’t use it as a guitar effect like v1 though...

• @DMan said:
    @RUST( i )K

The presets suck, many don’t sound like an organ even. Just make a basic organ patch or load your old ones from v1 and adjust where needed because it’s not quite the same. I’m happy with v2, if anything because now I have 2 of the single most important iOS app I have in case one ever breaks. I wouldn’t want to pay full price of all this plus expansion though. The included standard Leslie of v2 isn’t as good as the included one in v1. I like the expansion Leslie of v2 best though, can’t use it as a guitar effect like v1 though...

I guess laziness won over my creative motivation when I tried it.

I will give it another go.

Thanks

• Has anyone figured out if it’s possible to use the FX as an AUV3 effect? It’s not popping up in my GarageBand effects plugins list...would really like to use the Leslie and Spring Reverb effects on other tracks!

• @aquasloth said:
    Has anyone figured out if it’s possible to use the FX as an AUV3 effect? It’s not popping up in my GarageBand effects plugins list...would really like to use the Leslie and Spring Reverb effects on other tracks!

No, not currently possible.

• Next stop on the Yonac AUv3 train will be Tonestack, if the rumours are true. Sincerely hoping all the investment I’ve put into that won’t be a write-off...

• My 2 cents.
    The app sounds a lot more like a Hammond than V1 did. It still has than non-synchronized harmonic sound like when you play an F and D you will hear a third tone that is not present on a real tone wheel.
    My biggest gripes are:
    1. Where did the split button go? Now you have to set up a split in the expert midi settings ??
    2. When you set up said split ,ALL patches are splits ??? No way to play a split and change to a single sound??
    3. Midi learn doesn't recognize the sustain pedal for rotary speed control ??? A real let down !!
    As much as I like the sound ( Granted it's not VB3 but, it's good) I deleted the app and will be requesting a refund.
    When Yonac works all of the short falls out, I will re purchase. As of this date the app seems more of a work in progress.

• @DonH said:
    3. Midi learn doesn't recognize the sustain pedal for rotary speed control ??? A real let down !!

What!! That’s BS I need that to work!! I’ve only been using it with my CME Xkey, so I haven’t set up sustain message for rotary speed yet.

• Jeez, I kinda like it. :p

• I like it too. It just needs some of the controls that V1 has to be usable. The "split by midi note number" is really weird. When you raise the bottom note of the upper part of a split it basically pushes the lowest note up the keyboard to your chosen split point. So if your split point is C4 your C4 will now play a C1 note. And no, you can't split anywhere but on C. If you use another note, your upper and lower halves will be out of tune with each other ?? As an example:
    If you move your split point to B#3 your B#3 will now play a C1 note. You can raise the lowest note to C3 but you will still be playing a C3 on your B#3. Very strange way of doing things.
    I hope Yonac get this app straightened out soon. It sounds really good.

• If these presets suck then I’m losing my mind. It all sounds amazing to me.

“Smokes” pretty much sums it up imo.

• Not being an Organ snob, thus completely disqualifying me from saying this but... Sounds really nice despite not having anything to compare it to, except for the rare times I find myself at a church or the Portland Roller Rink. For $10 its a pretty serious instrument. I really like most of the iaps, and for $5 more I'll just drink one less beer tomorrow.

• edited June 2018

Now we just need a pipe organ app...

This doesn't show the ridiculous immensity of this organ, it takes up enough room to land a helicopter on it...

• Here is the vid I wanted to post:

• edited June 2018

A good synth plus reverb can sound like a huge pipe organ. I love organ/string hybrid sounds really.

To the app. Yep, sounds good....but yes, no VB3 and i find a lot presets sounds too harsh and the FX are really not so good for my taste.
    So i would give 7 from 10 points here so far.

• So, I finally pulled the plug and purchased Galileo 2 plus the iap. I have played the original Galileo practically every Sunday in church for the past 2-3 years for contemporary christian music. I have to say that Galileo 2 sounds better to me. I compared it with my clonewheel (GSI DMC-122 with a Gemini module) and the base tones are surprisingly close. One thing I noticed was much better in G2 was the chorus/vibrato. OMG what a difference! It can definitely be used vs the old Galileo which was a mushy mess. The percussion is also a bit better. The standard Leslie sim I think is the same one as G1. But the 2122 Leslie IAP sounds much much better! I'm probably not going to use any of the other IAP effects but they're nice to have.

• Just got a great update!

Not sure about that sustain pedal prob mentioned earlier, but I think they fixed it.

• The sustain pedal problem has been fixed!

• Maybe I am wrong and need to retry this.

Maybe I had ear fatigue at the time and didn't realize it.

2nd test tonight.

• Anyone else having problems using this in Cubasis ?
    I cannot load a second instance, if I try both instances fail to play back, and the au screen is blank..
    Track freeze is only freezing the first part of the track.
    I have had failures loading the au, had to restart the device.

• So far I'm loving galileo 2. Kinda curious what the different models actually correspond to in terms of real life organs tho

• I pulled the trigger and bought the V2 despite already having the V1. While the general feeling hasn't changed, the unpredictable harmonic distortion due to different note phase has been solved (I use primarily transistors)! Anyway, I feel like this should have been addressed in a regular update instead of a repackaging...