Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: (the astonishing) Dreadbox Medusa

edited May 2018 in Other

l

What a wonder. I think I’m in love.

Comments

• edited May 2018

"We go Bonkers!" :)

• But can it play Toto Africa?

• This is the most interesting to me, out the Superbooth 2018 products announced so far.

The grid has potential as a controller for IOS apps and other stuff.

• edited May 2018

can't figure out how they manage 5 envelopes with just one set of faders ...
    does this thing have motors inside ? o:)
    everything else looks clear and neat

• $999. Looking foward to a better audio demo but seems pretty incredible. 6 part paraphonic ffs.

• come to poppa

• @syrupcore said:
    $999. Looking foward to a better audio demo but seems pretty incredible. 6 part paraphonic ffs.

+1 The GAS is pretty strong on this one......

• love devs like the poly end dev and yanos of dreadbox, they don't ask stuff like why do you want that? They wanna put more stuff in it than you do.

• I was totally surprised about the Erebus 3 coming out

• @kobamoto said:
    I was totally surprised about the Erebus 3 coming out

Me too. Also looking forward to a high-quality demo of that.

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

Me too. Also looking forward to a high-quality demo of that.

yep, that demo was kinda I dunno... it didn't sound as good as the original Erebus Imo, I'm definitely hoping that it was just the poor time, place, and quality

• That triple ring on the new Erebus looks pretty interesting.

• yep he said he did it by mistake haha gotta love that

• Apparently the wavetable oscillators are not yet implemented. Agreed about wanting to hear better demos after the product is finished - wavetables and all - and in the hands of someone like Nick of Sonic State rather than someone just messing around and not appearing to know that they're doing.

• I'm a bit intrigued by the new Erebus but am still leaning toward the Abyss since ambient/drone stuff is more my thing; plus I fear being dragged closer into the modular money pit with that patch panel.

• @waynerowand said:
    That triple ring on the new Erebus looks pretty interesting.

Indeed. It went to FSU quicklike.

• @syrupcore said:

@waynerowand said:
    That triple ring on the new Erebus looks pretty interesting.

Indeed. It went to FSU quicklike.

Double quick, even. It’s cool that the price is staying the same, guess they’re doing surface mount and not all through hole. Wanna hear a proper demo too.

• Hopefully those knobs have both pass-thru and interpolate options. Seems like they orta be encoders considering that it has presets and there are so many ENVs and LFOs controlled by the same set of sliders/knobs.

• @Coloobar said:
    But can it play Toto Africa?

>

Can it play Toto Coelo? ;)

https://youtu.be/YqCTGoWMZcQ

• Or Baltimora?

• why yes It can.

• @kobamoto said:

That Erebus 3 might be a little bit different but seems to me the best one yet.

• I agree, looks like you've got to work at it a bit more but I guess it's better for the long run, the Erebus 2 is nothin but sweet spot, it's hard to make that thing sound bad

• https://youtube.com/watch?v=Etc1MOO9LgA

Wow, this thing is so tempting!

• I just wish they had put the pads on the right side and kept the controls on the left, akai did the same thing with the mpc live and it's the only thing that annoys me

• couple more weeks!

Pros/cons???

cons- no battery, only one sequencer track if I'm not mistaken, global filter, apparently they reduced the amount of patches from 500 to 128, and it's mono timbral which is to be expected but when it comes to something like this, why do what's expected, with more sequencer tracks and multi-timbrality + a filter for every voice the devs could have retired on a fat yacht!

pros- everything else