Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Controlling AUM’s filters

EDBEDB
edited June 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

I’m looking to control and sequence the filter in the pic but I’m not sure which rozeta/au will work best, what the midi setting should be and how to go about it. Some pointers’d be much appreciated xx

I’d like to say:
HP filter on ch1 be at 0
At bar X start a slow fade to 100 over a bar’s length (1)
At bar Y start slow down to 0 over a bar’s length (2)
Repeat (1) at Z

Any version should do I guess, I’m going for sound rather than method. Had a search around but can’t pin it down in the results but I know it’s easy to you guys :wink:

Ty legends!

Comments

• Have you looked into Rozeta LFO?

• Is it possible for you to use a DAW and draw in the automation instead? Not saying it can't be done, you'd just have to sync Rozeta LFO's tempo and then set a key/knob trigger to on (I'm not entirely sure you can do this with it, but I wouldn't be surprised...I'm not an advanced MIDI user. It would help if it had a one-shot feature for an LFO). You could also use a second LFO for the reverse. I am 95% sure unless you're automating in a DAW that you'd have to trigger each crescendo/fade manually.

• I recommene the manual way anyway. It's more fun. Twisting knobs, especially filters, is 25% of making synth music.

• Thanks @InfoCheck you inspired me to look at XY which is better for me as it turns out the tune is better suited to manual via xy coincidentally timed with @oat_phipps tip

Thanks guys B)

• To help anyone else looking for this, XY shows which midi cc it’s sending in the bottom left of the app. In AUM set the midi controls of the target (in the pic I’m targeting ch2’s filter) to match the numbers in XY. Or the other way around if needed.
    I didn’t know how to so posting the pic to help others like me.

• @EDB
    I just tested StepPolyArpUnits CC animation to do a filter automation (with CC4) as you described.

I used several pattern to achieve this

• Pattern 1: all cc4 are zero, can be repeated 1-8 times before playing pattern 2
    • Pattern 2: cc4 goes from 0 to max, playing once before chaining to pattern 3
    • Pattern 3: all cc4 are max, repeat 4 times before chaining to pattern 4
    • Pattern 4: cc4 goes from max to zero, playing one, then chaining to patterrn 5
    • Pattern 5: all cc4 are zero, no chaining

One could also ‚program‘ pattern 1 not to chain to pattern 2 but play endless and then (while jamming) manually select pattern 2 to start the filter break which will last for four bars and then returns to normal.

Each SPA AU instance can send out 5 CCs, using this technique one could fire up a prerecorded, complicated x-bar-length automation (driving filters and several AU effects paramters) during a jam session that returns to a defined state after the automation to continue ‚normal’ jamming. One can even setup several of these automation chains in one SPA.