Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Old iPod: Where to buy? You got one to sell?

Looking for older style iPod when they were not "iPhone" lites........

My last one finally shitted out.

Where would have them since they don't make them?

And does anyone on here have one to sell?

LATER!

Comments

• How old?

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

LATER!

if you still have the old ipod just replace the hdd with an sdcard.
    ifixit sells adapters for whatever specific model you own.
    for example 7th gen:- https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/423444/iFlash+microSD-SD+card+adapter+with+iPod+7th+
    i'm still using my 5.5 gen 11 years later :D

• @kinkujin said:
    How old?

Not an iPhone "iPod"

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LATER!

for example 7th gen:- https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/423444/iFlash+microSD-SD+card+adapter+with+iPod+7th+

ORLY

• I have one. I'll grab it after the England match and PM you (about an hour).

• Ah, I read iPad. Ooops. Good luck.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LATER!

ORLY

Brel?

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LATER!

ORLY

yep. also replace the os with rockbox. lets you have much more control over the audio chip like eq etc. https://www.rockbox.org/
    best part is the ipod just shows up as a normal external storage. you can just drag and drop mp3's and it even supports flac audio.... @RUST( i )K what Ipod were you using till it died ?

• edited June 2018

I dug out my 1st gen 10gb iPod. It still works, I am charging it up to check the battery. I changed the battery at one point, so I hope it is still good.

This thing has the moving click-wheel, and only connects and charges through FireWire. I have the charger and a FireWire cable, but you need a Desktop with FireWire to manage the files on it.

Let me know if you want it. I will let you know about the battery in a few hours once it is charged up. You, @RUST( i )K can have it for free. Or you can trade me for something you no longer need if you want to. I am looking for a powered USB hub, or a small Midi KB controller, or midi footswitch type stuff for ToneStack or Looper control.
    But like I said, for you I will just give it up freely. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    I dug out my 1st gen 10gb iPod. It still works, I am charging it up to check the battery. I changed the battery at one point, so I hope it is still good.

This thing has the moving click-wheel, and only connects and charges through FireWire. I have the charger and a FireWire cable, but you need a Desktop with FireWire to manage the files on it.

Let me know if you want it. I will let you know about the battery in a few hours once it is charged up. You, @RUST( i )K can have it for free. Or you can trade me for something you no longer need if you want to. I am looking for a powered USB hub, or a small Midi KB controller, or midi footswitch type stuff for ToneStack or Looper control.

THANKS

I willl touch base with you.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LATER!

ORLY

yep. also replace the os with rockbox. lets you have much more control over the audio chip like eq etc. https://www.rockbox.org/
    best part is the ipod just shows up as a normal external storage. you can just drag and drop mp3's and it even supports flac audio.... @RUST( i )K what Ipod were you using till it died ?

I will check it out

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

THANKS

I charged it up yesterday and the battery only lasted through about one album, about an hour or so. I have the charger and FireWire cable, so you could use it plugged in if that is a workable scenario. You may still be able to get a battery replacement. It was easy to change it myself last time, battery was about $30, like 18 years ago. :D

I could even change the battery for you if they are still available and you don’t feel up to the task. Also, there are probably adapters to go from FireWire to USB still on the internet, so that is not too big of a deal, really.

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

THANKS

I charged it up yesterday and the battery only lasted through about one album, about an hour or so. I have the charger and FireWire cable, so you could use it plugged in if that is a workable scenario. You may still be able to get a battery replacement. It was easy to change it myself last time, battery was about $30, like 18 years ago. :D

I could even change the battery for you if they are still available and you don’t feel up to the task. Also, there are probably adapters to go from FireWire to USB still on the internet, so that is not too big of a deal, really.

like i mentioned above ifixit is a very good place to get parts:- https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+1st+Generation+Battery+Replacement/365

even amazon works for batteries:- https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Battery-Apple-iPOD-Generation/dp/B002Q0BM3Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529437213&sr=1-6&keywords=ipod+1st+2nd+generation+battery

• I love my ipod classic 160 gb. I hope it never ever dies.