Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited June 2018

Holding off from buying this at the moment.The synth sounds good but that waveform selection dialog would annoy me to much. It should do something like open showing all the folders in columns and the current waveform hi-lighted, and stay open until you you select the wave you want. Seems like too much tapping currently to change a waveform.

• @Mark B said:
    Holding off from buying this at the moment.

Promo price of SM1 is through June only. After that, it goes up to $25 :neutral:

• Finally tried with my Eigenharp Pico (preparing for a trip). Worse experience than with the ROLI Lightpad Block.
    Wish the MIDI Association could publish some documentation on how to support MPE. As @sonosaurus said, there are resources available. And Audiokit Pro might even help, down the line. But we need solid support for official protocols and standards adopted by the appropriate bodies. At some point, we’ll stop making excuses.

• @roygbiv said:
    thanks guys, looks like I need to pursue the player version - any idea how I get the presets over?

https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterplayerios.aspx

According to their website, this is handled via file transfer in iTunes, similar to how this works for other apps. But I do recall that the preset packs must be purchased on Desktop. Purchasing them as an IAP in Synthmaster Player won't transfer the other way (i.e., to Desktop).

• Can I import and export presets from SM1?

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Can I import and export presets from SM1?

Yes, via AirDrop. And between SM1 Desktop and iOS only (not Synthmaster 2.9). The developer is looking into making cross-device syncing for SM1 more seamless.

• @rtuckr said:

@roygbiv said:
    thanks guys, looks like I need to pursue the player version - any idea how I get the presets over?

https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterplayerios.aspx

According to their website, this is handled via file transfer in iTunes, similar to how this works for other apps. But I do recall that the preset packs must be purchased on Desktop. Purchasing them as an IAP in Synthmaster Player won't transfer the other way (i.e., to Desktop).

Thanks rtucker
    Problem is, I can't find any actual info how to do this - done lots of google searches, the main thing that comes up is this thread, which doesn't give any details (in fact, the people involved say they don't remember how to do it):

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/13191/transferring-synthmaster-expansions-and-or-presets

was hoping somebody that has done it recently might have some suggestions

• @rtuckr said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Yes, via AirDrop. And between SM1 Desktop and iOS only (not Synthmaster 2.9). The developer is looking into making cross-device syncing for SM1 more seamless.

Thanks very much R, great news!

• @ElektrikDiva said:

Curious, but have you solve the problem with the patches/presets not showing in you Synthmaster One?

• No Errka because I am trying to move/save my newly made patches in SM1 first before trying to reinstall app. Not sure how as I don’t use iTunes file sharing. I am also waiting to hear back from the Dev about it. Thanks for your kind help, I really appreciate it! Cheers!

• edited June 2018

@roygbiv said:
    Problem is, I can't find any actual info how to do this - done lots of google searches, the main thing that comes up is this thread, which doesn't give any details (in fact, the people involved say they don't remember how to do it):

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/13191/transferring-synthmaster-expansions-and-or-presets

was hoping somebody that has done it recently might have some suggestions

I haven't done it recently, but I think you copy the License Key text file from the desktop version over to the iOS version.

If I remember correctly, that automatically unlocks the iOS presets that you've purchased on the desktop side (as opposed to your having to copy over the desktop.smpb files).

• @Mark B said:
    Holding off from buying this at the moment.The synth sounds good but that waveform selection dialog would annoy me to much. It should do something like open showing all the folders in columns and the current waveform hi-lighted, and stay open until you you select the wave you want. Seems like too much tapping currently to change a waveform.

I bought it and it does sound very good. Personally , I’ll deal with the kinks being worked out, but I agree on those points. Spent hours already importing waveforms and there is a lot of back and forth to use them.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bounce said:

@Mark B said:

I bought it and it does sound very good. Personally , I’ll deal with the kinks being worked out, but I agree on those points. Spent hours already importing waveforms and there is a lot of back and forth to use them.

Where do you get those waveforms? Is this kind of taken from other apps or there are waveform banks you can buy?

• Guys, I was on vacation for the past 3 days, get back to you guys tomorrow morning

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, I was on vacation for the past 3 days, get back to you guys tomorrow morning

Great! You’re worth more vacation than that!

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, I was on vacation for the past 3 days, get back to you guys tomorrow morning

So glad you had some time off. Hope you managed to switch off totally with all the crazy work you’ve been doing. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated

• Hello guys how are you all doing?having a problem with SynthMaster One in BM3..the volume is peaking even if I turn the volume all the way down.i tried changing preset but it stays the same.

• edited June 2018

@Paa89 said:

Hello guys how are you all doing?having a problem with SynthMaster One in BM3..the volume is peaking even if I turn the volume all the way down.i tried changing preset but it stays the same.

But, hey, this screenshot is NOT Synthmaster One, it’s LayR, and, not Beatmaker 3, it’s Cubasis ;-)

• @AlexB said:
    >
    Where do you get those waveforms? Is this kind of taken from other apps or there are waveform banks you can buy?

Both actually. A variant of these free ones should work too: https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/

• I really can't wait until the bugs are worked out on this synth. If I'm being honest, in its present state it's pretty frustrating to use. The controls feel very fidgety, the preset manager feels bloated to me (do I really need a "country" and "baroque" section on a wavetable synth? I'm hoping I can clear those all out and create my own categories). I haven't read through all the posts here, but anyone else experiencing twitchiness with things like the FX section? it's really hard to select an effect. have to tap the button like 5 times. This fidgetiness is often the problem with apps that aren't native to ios. But I really love the sound of this synth and I hope that they can iron out these issues.

little submenus are fine with a cursor and mouse, but it just rarely works well in iOS. I wish more people would take a cue from beepstreet's brilliant Zeeon synth patch system. That to me is the absolute best I've run across. You can drag and drop anything anywhere and tagging things is all done in one window, negating the need for submenus.

to make matters worse... since the controls are all so tiny, I pulled out my apple pencil to navigate the tiny menus. No good. it doesn't work on many of the controls and cuts the sound out for some reason.

I bought the synth for two main reasons: microtonal support, wavetable import.

so far I cannot import my own scales, and the wavetables I've tried to drop in cause weird issues.

• edited June 2018

made in BM3 with Synthmaster One, but also a couple Zeeon patches from the Audiobus patchfest and a sample from an old Sherlock/Dracula radio play plus an Asimov X-Minus1 play, oh yah and StutterFx / mixing on desktop.

• @bounce said:

@AlexB said:
    >

Both actually. A variant of these free ones should work too: https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/

@bounce said:

@AlexB said:
    >

But the ones from the link would work or they would have to be edited to make it work in SM1?

• Apologies if this has already been discussed the thread is quite big now.

Has anyone experienced the UI just disappearing in bm3?

Also when you reopen a session the previous loaded preset is replaced with the default preset?

• Feel the potential, but looking forward to bug fixes for the AU, currently I'm experiencing a lot of crashes in apeMatrix to the point it's unusable.

• edited June 2018

@universe said:
    Apologies if this has already been discussed the thread is quite big now.

Also when you reopen a session the previous loaded preset is replaced with the default preset?

I have found in BM3 that I can build up a session to about eight instances using less than 70% cpu. However reloading the session from scratch ussualy fails to load any and I get blank AU UI.

The safety limity for me on my 2017ipad has been four or five instances, these can save and load without fail. If at any point an instance crashes and I save the scene I do lose all the Au settings and get the default patch next time. If it ever crashes, do not save. This has been working for me. Like I say, to be on the safe side I just try to stick to no more than four instances, despite what the CPU says. BM3 being a sampler makes this livable.

I have given a session file that should have 8 uncorrupted AU instances that fail to load (but should) to Bulent and intua in the hopes that it may help to debug the AU load issue.

• @AudioGus said:

@universe said:
    Apologies if this has already been discussed the thread is quite big now.

I have found in BM3 that I can build up a session to about eight instances using less than 70% cpu. However reloading the session from scratch ussualy fails to load any and I get blank AU UI.

The safety limity for me on my 2017ipad has been four or five instances, these can save and load without fail. If at any point an instance crashes and I save the scene I do lose all the Au settings and get the default patch next time. If it ever crashes, do not save. This has been working for me. Like I say, to be on the safe side I just try to stick to no more than four instances, despite what the CPU says. BM3 being a sampler makes this livable.

I have given a session file that should have 8 uncorrupted AU instances that fail to load (but should) to Bulent and intua in the hopes that it may help to debug the AU load issue.

I’m crashing even with 4 instances. With a 2017 iPad Pro. I’ll try 3. Great re handing over the session file. Hopefully they can look into it.

• 4-5 seems to be relatively stable (I have 1 BM3 and 1 GarageBand project that have 4 and 5 instances respectively) on iPad 2018. They've opened ok a couple of times - but I'm scared to add anything else ...

• GarageBand has become so unreliable, I used to take frequent backups (make copies) of the project. By the time I finish 1 song, I used to end up with 25+ backup copies. At times, after loading a project, the volume levels of all tracks are reset/muted, audio tracks do not play for no reason and many other issues - I stopped using it.

• The app crashes a lot in standalone mode.
    Ipad pro 2017.ios 11.3.1.

This discussion has been closed.