Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Mpc software users here? (Desktop)

I saw a tempting offer at 99$ for the standard version . Does it integrates with iMpc pro 2 well? (Although I don’t trust Retronyms at all for my own non related reasons )
I am thinking grubbing it since on the last update they allow MIDI learn functions from any controller. (I suppose qlinks as well)
Any thoughts?

Comments

• So no MPC (software) users here ? ( Last try :tongue: )

• seems popular especially since this last update

• I have it as it came with mpc live, but i have only used it for transfering expansions to standalone. The software seems(again from perspective of not using it for making music, but just glansing over it) ok, but i would rather use ableton(or likely other "real daws") if i wanted to make music on desktop.

• edited July 2018

@ToMess said:
    I have it as it came with mpc live, but i have only used it for transfering expansions to standalone. The software seems(again from perspective of not using it for making music, but just glansing over it) ok, but i would rather use ableton(or likely other "real daws") if i wanted to make music on desktop.

I understand you don’t use it for making music , but was there something in particular to prefer Ableton instead ? ( Not much users here but prefer reading opinions from iOS users than going to desktop DAW forums )

@kobamoto said:
    seems popular especially since this last update

It was basically locked to AKAI’s specific controllers until v2.2 . Even my mpd could not control qLinks when tried v1 in the past . Now they “unlocked” it adding many features...

I know I should download the demo and try it myself, but it’s too much work since I am on Linux and must partition , format , tweak and do other boring tech stuff ....

• @Korakios It just isnt as full featured and i dont like that sort of software groovebox type of daw on desktop and ableton is pretty much a perfect desktop daw imo

• Got it in may of this year for the discounted price. Didn’t really come with much of a Sample library and I’m not paying 70 dollars for the akai expansions. I use it as a VST and I love it. I actually prefer it’s workflow over Maschine. I haven’t tried it with the retronyms software because I don’t have version 2 and barely use version 1. For 99 dollars it’s a steal.

• I ordered an MPC Studio Black over the weekend, should arrive by Thursday, I don’t know if the sale will still be on when I get it but I’ll give it a run thru and let you know. As far as I know you can open IMPC Pro 2 projects in the desktop version, but I don’t know how it’s going to handle tracks using Auv3 instruments. I don’t use IMPC Pro 2 much ( for several reasons ), but I do see myself using it to sketch out ideas and sending it to the desktop version.

• edited July 2018

@ToMess , thanks for explaining. However I prefer the GrooveBox type , would even get Geist2 but the forum is spammed by negative comments about bugs .

@SirMcp Thanks for letting know about the small built in library . Although I think it’s easy finding descent sample libraries ,even for free :)
    Is there any option to export from desktop to iOS? Or as workaround exporting ,example, as mpc1000 project and import it to iMpc? (don’t know if iMpc reads hardware mpc formats)
    I don’t have iMpc v2 either , waiting to be bug free first (or at least get it on sale which I missed )

@Strizbiz said:
    I ordered an MPC Studio Black over the weekend, should arrive by Thursday, I don’t know if the sale will still be on when I get it but I’ll give it a run thru and let you know. As far as I know you can open IMPC Pro 2 projects in the desktop version, but I don’t know how it’s going to handle tracks using Auv3 instruments. I don’t use IMPC Pro 2 much ( for several reasons ), but I do see myself using it to sketch out ideas and sending it to the desktop version.

Will definitely wait for your feedback :)
    I won’t use any instrument for transferring projects , since there are different platforms. Only wave files , expecting basic stuff such as chops ,pad mixer and built-in effect settings to work .

• I think there is export/import options. I haven’t used them. I’m not a huge fan of iMPC pro, I just sample some of the library every now and then via studiomux. I tend to raid gadget, several iOS drum machines and groove boxes for drum sounds. DrumJam and GarageBand are nice for generating percussion loops also.

But the desktop software does everything but synthesis and you can drag and drop any format into it. It’s a trooper. I don’t have a drum controller my maschine mk1 was stolen last year with around 1,200 dollars of computer/music gear. I’ll probably pick up a used mpc studio in the unforeseen future.