Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @brice said:

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you looking into this. I was able to do some more testing this evening with a new iPad Pro (iPad 7,1 / iOS 11.4) and the issues I described appear to be nonexistent on this new iPad. So that’s great news.

Can you try full screen in Garageband on your new iPad Pro? I’m trying to track down a bug

• @realdawei said:

@brice said:

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you looking into this. I was able to do some more testing this evening with a new iPad Pro (iPad 7,1 / iOS 11.4) and the issues I described appear to be nonexistent on this new iPad. So that’s great news.

Can you try full screen in Garageband on your new iPad Pro? I’m trying to track down a bug

SM1 crashes every time I attempt to expand it to full screen in GarageBand.

• edited June 2018

@brice said:

@realdawei said:

@brice said:

SM1 crashes every time I attempt to expand it to full screen in GarageBand.

Okay confirmed :) If you put the iPad in zoomed display mode it won’t crash though, so the bug lies some where in there

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I’m getting the sound breaking up and then jamming on if I run my fingers up the keyboard quickly. I can make it happen every time. Here’s how:

Maybe, this might be related to the "drawing" issue with the piano keyboard. I took some measurements, and looks like the piano draws in an average time of 50 milliseconds! I guess I figured how to bring that down to 10 milliseconds by turning off image interpolation.

EDIT: The piano view drawing finished around 20 ms, with retina images. I hope this fixed the issue.

Wow.im really happy to see a developer communicating with his “clients “.talking directly about fixes and upcoming features.thats very nice of you guys.and thanks to all the iOS music app developers who do the same for a intua to Steinberg to the rest.thanks

• Has anyone managed to get full screen AU on the new beta? Tried on 3 devices and no go for me.
    AUM/ApeMatrix/AB3
    Nearly works in Audiobus but disappears after first opening attempt.

• @Carnbot said:
    Has anyone managed to get full screen AU on the new beta? Tried on 3 devices and no go for me.
    AUM/ApeMatrix/AB3

I asked For a beta version without success, so, don’t ask me ;-)

• Bulent~ hello! Could you please tell me how to view & access the 500 presets list? I cannot find them listed anywhere. Much thanks for your kind help here!

• edited June 2018

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Bulent~ hello! Could you please tell me how to view & access the 500 presets list? I cannot find them listed anywhere. Much thanks for your kind help here!

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall Synthmaster One - perhaps something went wrong during decompress/install...?

• edited June 2018

Edit: I can drag-n-drop from files app one at a time fine, guess you can't drop folders of wavetables? Also tried Imazing and folders aren't accessible in there. Would be great to mass input, that said loving this app.

In the iCloud folder: SynthmasterOne- waveforms, I placed some folders of Serum wavetables and they aren't showing up after an upload and app restart.

Does it auto_scan a folder and are there restrictions like no nested folders? I've checked the iOS manual and it shows Windows method of adding wavetables.

Thanks

• @>; @Carnbot said:

Has anyone managed to get full screen AU on the new beta? Tried on 3 devices and no go for me.
    AUM/ApeMatrix/AB3

No dice for me either.

• Can someone clarify where the ADSR envelopes for the FIlters are on this synth?

• @MobileMusic said:
    Can someone clarify where the ADSR envelopes for the FIlters are on this synth?

The Mod envelopes 1 & 2

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@brice said:
    The iPad I was having issues on is a first generation iPad Pro (iPad 6,8 / iOS 11.3.1). Here are a few Serum Wavetables you could test. From the “Analog” category:

Basic_McB
    Basic Shapes
    PWM Genji

And here are a few SM1 Wavetables:

Andremega Pulse
    Fattee Wave
    Hypersaw

The issues were mostly present on all Wavetables I tried from an INIT state; both built-in as well as from Serum. Please let me know if you need any additional info. And thanks again for looking into it.

The analog wavetables I sampled have low number of waveforms. That's why they don't sound good when interpolated.

Try some wavetables under Basic category I created with my internal wavetable editor. Those have high number of waveforms in them and will sound "smoother"

I’ve just had a go with the wavetables you mentioned and I think it revealed a bigger picture as to what’s going on. It isn’t the process of modulating Wavetable indexes that is causing the audio glitches on my end. Something else is happening that’s causing SM1 to ramp up DSP usage to insanely high amounts. And it cycles through these spikes every few seconds.

I’ve uploaded a screen recording here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24htcfq3w1dsw75/IMG_7865.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

In the video take note of the DSP meter in AUM. It’s spiking up to 400-500% simply by loading SM1 (IAA). This is without even playing notes. And I can confirm that the glitches I’ve been hearing correlate to these DSP spikes. And since these spikes are cyclical and persistent I was wrongly assuming they were caused by LFO modulation to Wavetable index. Which I now see they are not.

TL:DR Wavetable modulation isn’t the culprit. SM1 (IAA) is freaking out every few seconds resulting in massive DSP spikes which are causing glitches to the audio stream

• apologies if this has already been discussed, but has anyone tried the automation within a DAW?

i'm using BM3, tried to apply some automation with SM1 within AU mode but i can not find the parameter settings i need. Most other settings are there (especially concerning ARP) but can not see anything for the AMP ENV's ADSR.

There's a long list of parameter settings available, just thinking there might be a number limit or something within BM3.

Anyone else noticed this?

• edited June 2018

After suffering a lot of bugs with Synthmaster One I went for a refund and, liking the sound but not the bugs’ bought the pro update on synthmaster Player. All went well with that for while, but now it won’t even open, despite a hard reset and reinstallation.
    Edit - reinstalled properly at fourth attempt - phew.

• I was struggling to get SM1 to even open last night. Just kept showing the splash screen for 5 seconds then back to the ipad home screen. As last resort I updated to iOS 11.4 and that has made it work again.

Mostly I can't use it at the moment because of the HOLD not holding when you go to the Mod Matrix and the only other way I could get sequenced notes in was hosting it in AUM but then I can't save patches. I want to explore creating my own patches but these two defects need to be fixed and apparently the fix won't be pushed until July sometime. So I have to wait. I do believe they will be fixed so I'm happy not to ask for a refund as I hope that the purchase acts as some investment to motivate the developer.

It's a great sounding synth so I just need to be patient.

• @cstep333 said:
    apologies if this has already been discussed, but has anyone tried the automation within a DAW?

i'm using BM3, tried to apply some automation with SM1 within AU mode but i can not find the parameter settings i need. Most other settings are there (especially concerning ARP) but can not see anything for the AMP ENV's ADSR.

There's a long list of parameter settings available, just thinking there might be a number limit or something within BM3.

Anyone else noticed this?

It seems to automate fine in Cubasis and the missing AU parameters are a BM3 bug that are likely fixed in BM3 3.1, along with the other missing AU parameter bugs in other plugins like Model 15.

• edited June 2018

@Jocphone said:
    I was struggling to get SM1 to even open last night. Just kept showing the splash screen for 5 seconds then back to the ipad home screen. As last resort I updated to iOS 11.4 and that has made it work again.

Mostly I can't use it at the moment because of the HOLD not holding when you go to the Mod Matrix and the only other way I could get sequenced notes in was hosting it in AUM but then I can't save patches. I want to explore creating my own patches but these two defects need to be fixed and apparently the fix won't be pushed until July sometime. So I have to wait. I do believe they will be fixed so I'm happy not to ask for a refund as I hope that the purchase acts as some investment to motivate the developer.

I haven't encountered the 1st issue you mentioned.
    Hold button issue was resolved in 1.0.5 beta and it works.
    Have you requested to be added as a beta tester?
    Consider sending the dev a PM with your Apple ID...

• @MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:
    I was struggling to get SM1 to even open last night. Just kept showing the splash screen for 5 seconds then back to the ipad home screen. As last resort I updated to iOS 11.4 and that has made it work again.

Hold button issue was resolved in 1.0.5 beat and it works.

I sended a request for joining betatest this week, but, with no success...
    Bulim is probably not take any more testers just now...

• @MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

Hold button issue was resolved in 1.0.5 beat and it works.

No, I don't have time to be a Beta tester. Am ok to wait for the fix.

• @Jocphone said:

@MobileMusic said:

The Mod envelopes 1 & 2

That was a bit confusing as to why it is not labeled as Filter Envelope. In Syntorial, there is an envelope for Filter (ADSR), Amp (ADSR) and Mod (AD only with a destination):

https://www.syntorial.com/learn-more/

• Hey Guys

Is there a way to I import expansion packs previously purchased for Desktop Synthmaster into Synthmaster One for iOS?

Years ago I bought a couple of Nori Ubukata Dawn of Electronic Music and Synth Giants expansion packs that are fantastic sounding.

I really want to use them on my iPad for live use, hence I bought the Synthmaster One.

My apologies if this has already been discussed/described, i couldn't find anything searching (but may not have searched properly).

Thanks,

roy

• edited June 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

@MobileMusic said:

The Mod envelopes 1 & 2

That was a bit confusing as to why it is not labeled as Filter Envelope. In Syntorial, there is an envelope for Filter (ADSR), Amp (ADSR) and Mod (AD only with a destination):

I don't see the connection. Is Syntorial written by the the SynthMaster people?

It's probably called Mod Envelope because it can be used to modulate many of the other knobs too.

• edited June 2018

@roygbiv said:
    Hey Guys

Is there a way to I import expansion packs previously purchased for Desktop Synthmaster into Synthmaster One for iOS?

Years ago I bought a couple of Nori Ubukata Dawn of Electronic Music and Synth Giants expansion packs that are fantastic sounding.

I really want to use them on my iPad for live use, hence I bought the Synthmaster One.

My apologies if this has already been discussed/described, i couldn't find anything searching (but may not have searched properly).

Thanks,

roy

Hmmm, those may work in the old Synthmaster Player currently availible, which is also slated to become an AU at some point.

• Hi AudioGus

Thanks - I think I have that too - any idea how I go about moving the expansion packs over? I can't seem to find a step-by-step description, only things like "maybe use iTunes?"
    Which is odd, since the Synthmaster One iOS description even says can import presets. Just can't figure out how.

And yes, I did send an email to the Developers, but they are probably bogged down with a lot more important issues than mine.

Just wondered if anyone had successfully done this - those Ubukata expansion packs I mentioned have some fantastic Kraftwerk presets I would love to use in a live setting on my iPad.

• It’s confusing but SynthMaster One is a different synth than SynthMaster 2 so those presets are not going to work in SM one. They would work in SynthMaster Player iOS which is supposed to be an AU at some point, who knows when.

• Synthmaster and Synthmaster One are (perhaps confusingly) different synths. I think they have some similarity under the hood, but the range, number and arrangement of parameters is different. So presets for one won’t work with the other. You can share presets between the desktop version of SM One and the IOS version, but not Synthmaster presets. Synthmaster Player is a preset-only version of Synthmaster but I believe you can share presets from the desktop Synthmaster with the IOS Synthmaster Player.

• @PhilW said:
    Synthmaster and Synthmaster One are (perhaps confusingly) different synths. I think they have some similarity under the hood, but the range, number and arrangement of parameters is different. So presets for one won’t work with the other. You can share presets between the desktop version of SM One and the IOS version, but not Synthmaster presets. Synthmaster Player is a preset-only version of Synthmaster but I believe you can share presets from the desktop Synthmaster with the IOS Synthmaster Player.

Yes, and Presets you buy via desktop are transferable to iOS, but not the other way round.

• thanks guys, looks like I need to pursue the player version - any idea how I get the presets over?

• @Jocphone said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

@MobileMusic said:

The Mod envelopes 1 & 2

I don't see the connection. Is Syntorial written by the the SynthMaster people?

It's probably called Mod Envelope because it can be used to modulate many of the other knobs too.

Some synths have envelopes dedicated to a particular destination. Some are patch-able. There is no specific configuration. It depends on how the dev implements. The same is true in hardware.

This discussion has been closed.