Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sector and AUM, not recording.

Just checking whether others are getting this problem. For some reason I have yet to fathom, I can load Sector into AUM, and it plays fine. I can add AU FX and still all is well. But the moment I try to record this using AUM’s in-built function, all I get is the first second, then Sector goes silent. WFF?

Comments

• @Zen210507 said:
    Just checking whether others are getting this problem. For some reason I have yet to fathom, I can load Sector into AUM, and it plays fine. I can add AU FX and still all is well. But the moment I try to record this using AUM’s in-built function, all I get is the first second, then Sector goes silent. WFF?

Sorry, not much help. I tried just as you explained and it worked for me. What AU FX are you adding?

• @Zen210507 said:

Yep, just tested that here with ‘Space’, and it stopped recording.

• Im using it with cubasis and also got some issues. IAA sync doesn’t work and the midi in/out settings revert to factory settings everytime I close and reopen the midi settings page. Normal midi sync sometimes work, but mostly get out of sync very fast.
    I stoppped using it because of the bad midi clock and annoying click/pop sounds.
    I hope for an update soon.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Sorry, not much help. I tried just as you explained and it worked for me. What AU FX are you adding?

>

Using Dubstation 2 and Quatro mod. It would seem to be a general error, affecting several combos. :'(

Okay, will try it through apeMatrix, and direct in Auria Pro, or though AudioBus into AudioShare.

• Can confirm Sector records just fine from apeMatrix. It did fall over, but once reloaded, all was well. So, some kind of issue with AUM.

• edited June 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    Can confirm Sector records just fine from apeMatrix. It did fall over, but once reloaded, all was well. So, some kind of issue with AUM.

I'll take a look! Perhaps something related to the host REC state. What's the pre-roll setting in AUM, by the way?

• Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here. SECTOR plays as usual and is not affected by wether AUM is recording or not. Are you running any other apps? Are you using Link?

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here. SECTOR plays as usual and is not affected by wether AUM is recording or not. Are you running any other apps? Are you using Link?

>

The only other apps in use we’re Dubstation 2 and Quatro Mod as AU’s. AUM pre-roll is off, Link is on. Thanks.

• @Zen210507 said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here. SECTOR plays as usual and is not affected by wether AUM is recording or not. Are you running any other apps? Are you using Link?

>

The only other apps in use we’re Dubstation 2 and Quatro Mod as AU’s. AUM pre-roll is off, Link is on. Thanks.

Does it happen with Link off?

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Does it happen with Link off?

>

Yes, it does still happen with Link off. :'(

• I ran Sector + Dubfilter and records fine in aum.
    Can any of these AUs help test?

• It seems to work for me, using QuatroMod and DubStation2. Maybe some of your settings are amiss? Here are mine

• Mine is set to receive for the clock, I was having the same probs as @Proto till then

• @EDB Do you also need to send Midi Clock from AUM?

I have Midi Clock off in both apps. I figured it would be better using IAA sync. Seems strange to need both, but if it is working I cannot argue with that. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    It seems to work for me, using QuatroMod and DubStation2. Maybe some of your settings are amiss? Here are mine

>

Here are the settings I was using. Alas, even when I alter them to match yours, the problem remains.

• @EDB said:
    I ran Sector + Dubfilter and records fine in aum.

Thanks for trying, EDB.

I will return to this on the morrow.

• edited June 2018

@Zen210507

Is it just when you use the AD plugins? Those have a history of weirding out, but I honestly thought all the kinks were ironed out in the AD stuff a while ago.
    If it is just when you use those plugins, maybe swap them out for the closest equivalent.

Kind of a long-shot, but maybe try sending Sector’s track to a bus in AUM, add the FX on a bus track and try to record there. Maybe try recording both simultaneously as well, just delete the raw Sector recording after if you don’t need it. See if you can get any audio recorded this way.

• @Zen210507 said:

@EDB said:
    I ran Sector + Dubfilter and records fine in aum.

Thanks for trying, EDB.

I will return to this on the morrow.

Set the MIDI sync to ‘Recv’, got it working for me.

• @CracklePot I thought my aum was master but it’s set to the default Disabled for clock output

• @CracklePot said:
    @Zen210507

Is it just when you use the AD plugins?

>

Nah, even Sector alone just stops recorded. I did get it working perfectly in apeMatrix, though.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Set the MIDI sync to ‘Recv’, got it working for me.

>

Just tried this, and problem persists.

Sector is fine outside of AUM. AUM is fine with anything I’ve tried except Sector recording.

• One more dumb question from me...
    Is it just the audio cutting out from the monitoring? Perhaps the audio is still being recorded, or did you already check the recorded audio files for content?

• @CracklePot said:
    One more dumb question from me...
    Is it just the audio cutting out from the monitoring? Perhaps the audio is still being recorded, or did you already check the recorded audio files for content?

>

There are no dumb questions, CP. Yes, I have checked, and the first second is recording, then it is just silence. Most peculiar, as both apps indendenly are fine.

No worries, though, got done what I wanted to do elsewhere. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Zen210507

Is it just when you use the AD plugins?

>

Nah, even Sector alone just stops recorded. I did get it working perfectly in apeMatrix, though.

I tried with exactly your settings you posted and it works ....weird...
    Can you double check the midi routings in both AUM and Sector ? Disable everything

• @Korakios said:

@Zen210507 said:

Can you double check the midi routings in both AUM and Sector ? Disable everything

>

Tried that, and no joy. Every time I try to record, AUM stops Sector. But no big deal, I can do stuff outside of AUM with one app, and within for the rest. :)

• Just to clarify: you should not have to use MIDI clock to sync AUM and Sector.

Sector implements standard host sync and should follow AUMs clock automagically when hosted, unless you disabled it in Sectors sync settings. It should be set to ON and RUN/STOP&CLOCK. Leave MIDI clock OFF.

This problem is very weird indeed, it seems it happens only for very few users, and I can't reproduce it here either..

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Just to clarify: you should not have to use MIDI clock to sync AUM and Sector.

Sector implements standard host sync and should follow AUMs clock automagically when hosted, unless you disabled it in Sectors sync settings. It should be set to ON and RUN/STOP&CLOCK. Leave MIDI clock OFF.

This problem is very weird indeed, it seems it happens only for very few users, and I can't reproduce it here either..

>

Just one of those things. :) Sector is not sonething I’d use every day, so my work around will do fine. Thanks for taking a look at this.

• @Proto said:
    Im using it with cubasis and also got some issues. IAA sync doesn’t work and the midi in/out settings revert to factory settings everytime I close and reopen the midi settings page. Normal midi sync sometimes work, but mostly get out of sync very fast.
    I stoppped using it because of the bad midi clock and annoying click/pop sounds.
    I hope for an update soon.

Since I’m using it with AUM everything is working normal again. It syncs perfectly fine with iaa host sync or midi clock. I think I need to use aum a little bit more, lol.