Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @obijohn said:
    @kv331audio_bulent the 1.0.5 beta still crashes Auria (a fix wasn’t called out in the change log so I wasn’t expecting it to be fixed yet). Just holding out hope that it’s fixed soon, as Auria is my primary DAW. Of all the synths I have , which is a lot, too many really, this is the only one that crashes Auria itself. Maybe Rim from @WaveMachineLabs can take a look and help pinpoint the issue?

I actually contacted them today and told them exactly where the crash happens. I hope they can figure it out :)

• @obijohn said:
    @kv331audio_bulent the 1.0.5 beta still crashes Auria (a fix wasn’t called out in the change log so I wasn’t expecting it to be fixed yet). Just holding out hope that it’s fixed soon, as Auria is my primary DAW. Of all the synths I have , which is a lot, too many really, this is the only one that crashes Auria itself. Maybe Rim from @WaveMachineLabs can take a look and help pinpoint the issue?

I actually contacted them today and told them exactly where the crash happens. I hope they can figure it out :)

• edited June 2018

By the way I submitted v1.0.5 to TestFlight with the following new features/fixes.
    EDIT: It's approved, available for test!

New Features:
    1. Added SynthMaster One FX AUv3
    2. Added MIDI Output for SynthMaster One AUv3
    3. SynthMaster One AUv3 now automatically changes ui skin when plugin window size changes
    4. Save button added to AUv3 skins
    5. Arpeggiator step volumes can now be edited

Fixes:
    1. When Hold is pressed, notes should not be released when user switches to a different tab
    2. Although host sample rate is set to 48khz/96khz, SynthMaster One AUv3 renders audio at 44.1 khz
    3. Piano view drawing takes too much time, which slows down playing with the built-in keyboard
    4. Hit area for the preset browser left/right arrows too small
    5. When built-in keyboard settings are changed, they're not reflected for the expanded keyboard in standalone app.
    6. Routing view should be brought to forward when user changes values for an envelope/filter/waveform
    7. When changing dropdown values with swipe gesture, the value increment is reversed
    8. When arpeggiator restarts at first step, it should read mode, steps, range, base time, repeat and velocity mode parameters

I guess I won't be releasing to AppStore until we reach v1.1 (should be 1st/2nd week of July), TestFlight is good :smiley: Anyone who wants to check out the latest betas let me know.

• edited June 2018

Now my next goals for versions 1.0.6 and above will be preset/bank management + fixes reported by you guys.

As for saving preset -> I am gonna add a "New Folder" button to the file dialog so user can create subfolders under the Preset folder. the subfolder essentially becomes the "Bank" name.

Also, the dropdown that shows the current directory will be functional, currently it is not and it is a static label: "Presets"

• edited June 2018

For the presets list, I am thinking to add a "star" next to the preset list to easily add the preset to favorites.
    I can also display a separate bank called "Favourites" to make seeing favourite presets easier.

I also have plans to add support for

1. Assing Banks to MIDI Banks (SM1 already supports MIDI banks/program change, just need to add functionality to add the current list of presets to a certain MIDI Bank)
    2. Saving users' selected presets to a bank file (Export Bank)
    3. Importing banks from files app via drag-n-drop
    4. Uploading a preset to KV331 Audio's online library
    5. Downloading presets from KV331 Audio's online library
  • Just curious, Bulent... On the app opening screen there are controllers to the right of the keyboard. Do they exist? How do I get to them if so?

Read the manual. I guess I am too much a beginner to get how SynthMaster works in modeling sounds. I'm a twizzler and when I mess with things on SynthMaster not much happens besides cut off and res for me. Thor, for some reason responds to my twizzling a lot more. I know more experienced hands are quite able, so this is not a criticism, just my personal experience. Also, I find the menus don't respond to my touch very well. I wonder if others have this problem.

That being said I still give SM1 five stars and love the sound!

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    I also have plans to add support for

1. Assing Banks to MIDI Banks (SM1 already supports MIDI banks/program change, just need to add functionality to add the current list of presets to a certain MIDI Bank)
    2. Saving users' selected presets to a bank file (Export Bank)
    3. Importing banks from files app via drag-n-drop
    4. Uploading a preset to KV331 Audio's online library
    5. Downloading presets from KV331 Audio's online library

Thanks and this sounds great! However I am hoping you can improve the cross-platform workflow for those of us with Synthmaster One Desktop. I have watched the tutorial videos and read the manual, but am not having success using the iCloud Drive functionality (due to the fact that my Mac does not recognize the iCloud Drive folder for Synthmaster One, which was created by iOS). Any suggestions?

• @rtuckr said:
    Thanks and this sounds great! However I am hoping you can improve the cross-platform workflow for those of us with Synthmaster One Desktop. I have watched the tutorial videos and read the manual, but am not having success using the iCloud Drive functionality (due to the fact that my Mac does not recognize the iCloud Drive folder for Synthmaster One, which was created by iOS). Any suggestions?

Well basicly you can drag-n-drop from ANY folder on your iCloud drive to the iOS app. It doesn't have to be those specific folders.

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@rtuckr said:

Well basicly you can drag-n-drop from ANY folder on your iCloud drive to the iOS app. It doesn't have to be those specific folders.

Understood, thank you. Is it possible for both desktop and iOS apps to share a folder that automatically syncs preset changes within a bank (i.e., additions, deletions, edits, etc.)? This would eliminate the need for dragging and dropping altogether. I believe DRC has such an implementation.

• @yowza said:
    Make sure the only browser item that is selected is Factory. If any other item is highlighted the list will be filtered by that by that too.

Thank you Yowza! I tried this as well but I have still no listing of my 500 presets. Bulent can you help here? Thank you everybody!

• @rtuckr said:
    Understood, thank you. Is it possible for both desktop and iOS apps to share a folder that automatically syncs preset changes within a bank (i.e., additions, deletions, edits, etc.)? This would eliminate the need for dragging and dropping altogether. I believe DRC has such an implementation.

That's what I had in mind as well. Will definitely check that out!

• Actually, since on the desktop SM1 writes to

/Documents/SynthMasterOne

on iCloud drive I can scan that path automatically.

That might be a feature scheduled for v1.1 or v1.2, I have to figure out how to do it well.

• @kv331audio_bulent
    I'm too anxious to see these cool updates. Can you add me to the beta?

• @Richtowns said:
    @kv331audio_bulent
    I'm too anxious to see these cool updates. Can you add me to the beta?

Please PM me your email address.

Actually, since on the desktop SM1 writes to

/Documents/SynthMasterOne

on iCloud drive I can scan that path automatically.

That might be a feature scheduled for v1.1 or v1.2, I have to figure out how to do it well.

Is it as simple as allowing the user folder location for SM1 Desktop to be set to iCloud Drive? Likely not, but I appreciate you looking into this. Thank you!

• @rtuckr said:
    Is it as simple as allowing the user folder location for SM1 Desktop to be set to iCloud Drive? Likely not, but I appreciate you looking into this. Thank you!

iCloud takes care of that automatically, if you let it sync your "Documents" folder.

But, on the iOS side I believe some syncing should occur by the app.

• @kv331audio_bulent said
    As for saving preset -> I am gonna add a "New Folder" button to the file dialog so user can create subfolders under the Preset folder. the subfolder essentially becomes the "Bank" name.

Also, the dropdown that shows the current directory will be functional, currently it is not and it is a static label: "Presets"

Just a suggestion to use a single terminology Banks/Presets for consistency instead of mixing them with Folders/Files. It may confuse some people.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Just a suggestion to use a single terminology Banks/Presets for consistency instead of mixing them with Folders/Files. It may confuse some people.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I guess treating subfolders as banks (which is the default behaviour for SM1 engine) is the right way to go, and on the file dialog, I should say "Bank Name" instead of "Folder", and for the "New Folder" button I should say "New Bank"

• RJBRJB
    edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent

Thanks for the Testflight. Trying to use SynthMaster One as an FX in AUM but not getting any sound. I’ve got the audio microphone activated in settings, what else do I have to do?

• Yeah, the preset thing sounds really cool!
    Today I made a preset and saved it to the cloud. Then i made the update to 1.0.6 and in the standalone my iCloud saved preset was there but in AU my preset was gone.
    And since these are only taken up bits and bytes a iCloud auto backup and saving would be totally ok, wouldn’t it?

• edited June 2018

@RJB said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Thanks for the Testflight. Trying to use SynthMaster One as an FX in AUM but not getting any sound. I’ve got the audio microphone activated in settings, what else do I have to do?

I guess I should change the init preset settings for the FX version. Adding that to my TODO list items:

1. init preset
    2. set osc1 waveform to "Audio In"
    3. make sure your DAW sends MIDI to SynthMaster. or use the builtin keyboard to generate MIDI input while it's receiving audio from its input.
  • I’ve really been enjoying this synth so far, it sounds great and having a low CPU footprint is a real bonus (firing up about eight or more instances in AUM is a blast!).
    I’m still not sure whether the additional presets downloaded, I might have to sit down and count them all up lol.

@kv331audio_bulent I’ve made a few presets and saved them into a new preset bank without much trouble, but the first two in the list show up without any names now, just blank spaces.

• ok will try to reproduce this saving issue.

• and finally the osc/sub/lfo displays will show the waveform/wavetable name, coming up in v1.0.6:

and finally the osc/sub/lfo displays will show the waveform/wavetable name, coming up in v1.0.6:

This is soooo good when deconstructing presets... thanks!!! :smiley:

• @david_2017 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    and finally the osc/sub/lfo displays will show the waveform/wavetable name, coming up in v1.0.6:

This is soooo good when deconstructing presets... thanks!!! :smiley:

+1

@RJB said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I guess I should change the init preset settings for the FX version. Adding that to my TODO list items:

1. init preset
    2. set osc1 waveform to "Audio In"
    3. make sure your DAW sends MIDI to SynthMaster. or use the builtin keyboard to generate MIDI input while it's receiving audio from its input.

Yes, that worked. I routed audio through SMOne FX inside ApeMatrix - worked well.

• Last night I had a project going in beatmaker3 with 1 future Drummer instance, and 7 instances of SM1 running (CPU was around 30% on 2018 iPad ios11.3). Today I open the project and none of the SM1 tracks play - and the window is blank for each instance inside BM3. I restarted iPad, tried again and no audio. I deleted two instances of SM1 in the project and now had audio from the other 5 - but each instance was playing the Arp ResoFlow preset (none of them originally had this preset)

@kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio .. any ideas what happened? Maybe you can add to the list ... anyone else have similar.

• @Halftone said:
    Last night I had a project going in beatmaker3 with 1 future Drummer instance, and 7 instances of SM1 running (CPU was around 30% on 2018 iPad ios11.3). Today I open the project and none of the SM1 tracks play - and the window is blank for each instance inside BM3. I restarted iPad, tried again and no audio. I deleted two instances of SM1 in the project and now had audio from the other 5

This is normal when your device doesn't have enough memory. This happened to me with SwarPlug, SM1 and a few other AUs in Cubasis and Steinberg confirmed it is due to insufficient memory. It may be playing fine when you composed the song adding each AU but when you reopen the project, AU tracks may not render sound or even show the AU in the window blank - based on available memory. The best approach is to take a note of how many AU tracks it can play without losing them on reopening the project and limit your AU tracks to that many max in future. You may also freeze the tracks to audio and remove the AU tracks to recover/optimize memory as a workaround, I'm positive iPad Pro with 4 GB RAM won't have as many issues. Apple should offer more RAM instead of squeezing every drop of performance and skimping on features to cut costs and add to their bottomline.

-but each instance was playing the Arp ResoFlow preset (none of them originally had this preset)

That's a glitch in SM1 that it lost its preset settings.

• @MobileMusic said:

@Halftone said:
    Last night I had a project going in beatmaker3 with 1 future Drummer instance, and 7 instances of SM1 running (CPU was around 30% on 2018 iPad ios11.3). Today I open the project and none of the SM1 tracks play - and the window is blank for each instance inside BM3. I restarted iPad, tried again and no audio. I deleted two instances of SM1 in the project and now had audio from the other 5

This is normal when your device doesn't have enough memory. This happened to me with SwarPlug, SM1 and a few other AUs in Cubasis and Steinberg confirmed it is due to insufficient memory. It may be playing fine when you composed the song adding each AU but when you reopen the project, AU tracks may not render sound or even show the AU in the window blank - based on available memory. The best approach is to take a note of how many AU tracks it can play without losing them on reopening the project and limit your AU tracks to that many max in future. You may also freeze the tracks to audio and remove the AU tracks to recover/optimize memory as a workaround, I'm positive iPad Pro with 4 GB RAM won't have as many issues. Apple should offer more RAM instead of squeezing every drop of performance and skimping on features to cut costs and add to their bottomline.

-but each instance was playing the Arp ResoFlow preset (none of them originally had this preset)

That's a glitch in SM1 that it lost its preset settings.

Ah yes thanks. Thought it might be something like that.

This discussion has been closed.