Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would you rather be released- a load of new synths or a load of new effects?

Just curious whilst we are waiting- you may have no preference at all. I would rather have a pile of new effects if I had the choice. I tend to use them more for finding my groove than tweaking synths. Even with something as straightforward as iKaossilator linked to Grind, Turnado, EFX and Perforator- I will happily spend hours twiddling the effect parameters- and get much more satisfactory results than I ever do trying to find synth sounds...... I’m just glad Blocs Wave is around to salvage anything...

Comments

• My preference is a load of new midi AUv3 tools, sequencers, midi FX, or AU loopers, recorders, samplers etc. Or preferably some of our current ones be updated. I have so many IAA loopers but I don't use any of them because none are AU :)

• Im over loaded/spoiled with cool synths at this point and really need to harness the ones I have already. More interested in unique FX, sequencers and utilities at this point.

• More sequencers with their own synths, aka grooveboxes please. Always welcome

• Def FX/modulators/loopers/benders/manglers/spronkers

• @Carnbot said:
    My preference is a load of new midi AUv3 tools, sequencers, midi FX, or AU loopers, recorders, samplers etc. Or preferably some of our current ones be updated.

+1

• What about less bugs , 48k , useful features and improvements? If the main cry is more and more toys ios will forever be a workaround buggy place.

• edited June 2018

No need for a load of either. I would love just ONE robust kick ass AU multi fx unit.

Something in the realm of Turnado/StutterFX with an optional step feature like Looperator or Effectrix on the sound quality level of Synthmaster One. If Sugar Bytes just makes AUs of Effectrix and Turnado, I’m good for the next year, only waiting for BM3 updates.

• edited June 2018

@AudioGus said:
    No need for a load of either. I would love just ONE robust kick ass AU multi fx unit.

Something in the realm of Turnado/StutterFX with an optional step feature like Looperator or Effectrix on the sound quality level of Synthmaster One. If Sugar Bytes just makes AUs of Effectrix and Turnado, I’m good for the next year, only waiting for BM3 updates.

Me too !

• Just a load? Why not a plethora? ;)

I just want Bias FX as an AU, then I'm good. Though, Tonebridge is great!

• FX for sure. If i had a wish for a top 3 it would be Step FX from Logic, a creative and high quality reverb like B2 and
    an outstanding creative delay like Replika XT. That would cover me for a while.
    FX on iOS are mostly so O.K. but they really lack depth and that high quality without aliasing if you cascade or layer them.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    My preference is a load of new midi AUv3 tools, sequencers, midi FX, or AU loopers, recorders, samplers etc. Or preferably some of our current ones be updated.

+1

+2.

Oh, and "Delay 2" from Cassini as a separate AU audio effect.

• Midi sequencers, samplers and effects over synths. I have some great analogue synths at home and a small eurorack setup. However I have to say zeeon is really impressive so I bought that one.

• Definitely more AU midi effects and more AU samplers and drum modules. In terms of synths, I’d like to see more existing synths updated to AUs (Animoog, Thor, any of the Korg synths).

• With everyone else here, more AU midi tools and loopers and sequencers. Rozeta came in and opened a world of new possibilities...

• But I wouldn’t mind another auv3 drum machine...

• more AU effects, please.

• FX. But hey what happened to poll?

• First I want AudioKit Synth One. THEN I have enough synths and can pile on the FX. 🙂

• FX for sure, maybe more modular stuff? For me, I'd like to see something very robust yet self contained, with state saving morphing / mixing, side chaining, step sequencing, etc... Basically more apps like Effectrix in its control yet headier ideas. One idea that would REALLY be cool would be a Max/MSP runtime environment for iOS. This is obviously way beyond just FX, but to be able to make your own M4L style plugs / instruments would be AWESOME. I've spent a bit of time with Audulus, and it shows promise... But I will go ahead and start pestering Cycling74 for an iOS port. Another would be Reaktor, seems like a perfect candidate for iOS. Lastly, Derivative.CA's Touch Designer. That one I don't know very well, but its another node based environment that could find a welcome home in iOS.

For some reason Audulus feels frustrating with how you move around in the patching space.... But I'll keep at it.

I agree that we are pretty loaded up on synths right now. I'd like to be able to run more than one sequence per instance in StepPolyArpAU, at least 4 track style so you could do a couple drums / bass / lead etc. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have that at $15... But multi instance is fine, just gets a little bit like trying to find my keys sometimes. I think I'm meandering off topic.

FX.

• FXFXFXFXFXFXFXFXFXFXFX
    Tired of the same ole bitcrushers, distortion, delays, and reverbs

need something organic, FX that divide, fold over, layers, modulates musically,

• @gusgranite said:
    Def FX/modulators/loopers/benders/manglers/spronkers

what he said!

• Option #3 for me - Time.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @99476598326 said:
    But I wouldn’t mind another auv3 drum machine...

What he said.

• @lasselu said:

@99476598326 said:

What he said.

We have a serious lack of this...I’ve been beta testing Design By Paul’s synth drum kick and it’s pretty nice but it’s just a kick. @brambos where is Ruismaker 2?

• AU updates.

• @99476598326 said:

@lasselu said:

@99476598326 said:

What he said.

We have a serious lack of this...I’ve been beta testing Design By Paul’s synth drum kick and it’s pretty nice but it’s just a kick. @brambos where is Ruismaker 2?

man you can't just be like Brambos where is ruismaker 2 you gotta be like Mr. Hammerhead sir, your Majesty whereth, mighteth, Rusimakereth 2 be foundeth?....(clears throat). and then bow on one knee. we are talking about a legend here.... :)