Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Thanks, Bulent for considering the bpm on the stand alone.
    @trueyorky informed me I could use the host tempo settings. I have yet to try that but still guess it would be better controlled from the arp. You or your brother is in Turkey? I am living in Istanbul but Marmaris for the summer.

Again thanks to you and the forum. This is such a great example of compassionate teamwork. All will benefit from your great instrument!

• edited June 2018

@Jocphone said:
    Any chance that could be a preset setting?, so that we could choose to have interpolation or not. I understand that you say it sounds better but better is not always what a sound requires. I would be interested to hear what effect it has.

I will think about this feature. The problem is, I need to add a new interpolation/quantization parameter and there's no space to put it :) but I can make it an invisible parameter which can be modified using constant modulation source.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jocphone said:
    Any chance that could be a preset setting?, so that we could choose to have interpolation or not. I understand that you say it sounds better but better is not always what a sound requires. I would be interested to hear what effect it has.

I will think about this feature. The problem is, I need to add a new interpolation/quantization parameter and there's no space to put it :) but I can make it an invisible parameter which can be modified using constant modulation source.

Thanks. Obviously not a priority feature. I'm sure you have plenty to work on that is more vital.

Haven't used constant modulation sources yet. For a knob wouldn't that be the same as just setting the knob to a fixed value?

• @Jocphone said:
    Haven't used constant modulation sources yet. For a knob wouldn't that be the same as just setting the knob to a fixed value?

Yes but we have many invisible parameters :) Like osc unison spread parameters for wave index, tone, phase.

@Jocphone said:

Yes but we have many invisible parameters :) Like osc unison spread parameters for wave index, tone, phase.

Interesting.. Do they only appear in the Mod Matrix then? I need to do more exploring..

• @Jocphone said:
    Interesting.. Do they only appear in the Mod Matrix then? I need to do more exploring..

Yep!

@Jocphone said:

Yep!

While I have your ear I would just like to say that I'm really impressed by SynthMaster One. The modulation options are going to keep me busy for a good while and I think it sounds great from what I have heard so far. You should be proud of such an achievement.

• @Jocphone said:
    While I have your ear I would just like to say that I'm really impressed by SynthMaster One. The modulation options are going to keep me busy for a good while and I think it sounds great from what I have heard so far. You should be proud of such an achievement.

Thank you <3

• Just bought this great synth. Thanks a lot for this release.
    The only concern for the moment is that I cannot map my controller knobs to sythmaster one parameters. Is it even possible?

Thanks.

• edited June 2018

@id0x3d said:
    Just bought this great synth. Thanks a lot for this release.
    The only concern for the moment is that I cannot map my controller knobs to sythmaster one parameters. Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Hi,

did you watch our first tutorial :)
    It's also mentioned in the user manual.

Please goto the About tab -> Click on Help.

@id0x3d said:
    Just bought this great synth. Thanks a lot for this release.

Thanks.

Hi,

did you watch our first tutorial :)
    It's also mentioned in the user manual.

Please goto the About tab -> Click on Help.

Great! Have watched YT tutorial. Thanks everything works like a charm.

• Quick question on MIDI Output feature for the AUv3:

I am thinking to send MIDI output ONLY when host is recording.

also, if the arp is on, it sends out the arp output.

Synthmaster uses interpolation when cycling through waveforms, serum stil doesnt. That might account for the sound difference. Did you try any serum wavetables with sm1 by the way?

By the way I don’t see anything inferior in my wavetable implementation. Linear interpolation is indeed sounds smoother compared no interpolation. So, I don see anything to improve here

Have you considered making the amount of interpolation variable? I used to use that feature on my Virus Polar all the time to sort of “strum” wavetables using the modwheel. You can create harder or softer “edges” as you scan through the table. Sending that through a delay sounded lovely.

• This app is first time in a while where a simple kick drum leaves me having fun creating for an hour just enjoying the sounds.

Great app

@ErrkaPetti said:
    When can we hopefully see this update (FX-version)?

It s lovely as it is today, but, a supersynth can become a mega supersynth ;-)

I have a long list of todo items, the following are the ones completed:

1. add SynthMaster One FX AUv3 (done, tested in AUM, BM3)
    2. automatically change ui skin when user resizes plugin window (done, tested in AUM, BM3)
    3. sm1 doesn't detect sample rate set by host (done, tested in AUM at 48khz)
    4. When hold button is pressed for built-in keyboard and user switches to a different tab, notes should not be released.

Once I complete MIDI output and fix some critical issues I will submit beta for 1.0.5. Estimating Wednesday for that.

Hopefully, you won't forget to add the ability to change velocity of the ARP/Seq in this update ;)

• Crashed as soon as I got something interesting (like, really interesting) going in standalone. iPad 10.5 latest os.

• Ia there a workflow which works for importing a bank of presets?
    as in a whole bank at once, not just individually

• @Carnbot said:
    Ia there a workflow which works for importing a bank of presets?
    as in a whole bank at once, not just individually

Not yet. will implement that asap.

• great thanks :)

• @Sygma said:
    Hopefully, you won't forget to add the ability to change velocity of the ARP/Seq in this update ;)

Nope, it's in my TODO list of items

• edited June 2018

I've updated my loooong bug list on page 14 of this thread (please re-check):
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/502024/#Comment_502024

However, as people may not be going back to see the bug list again and again, I've stopped updating it with new findings.

Here is a new issue found and the steps to reproduce it:

• Add a Preset to Favorites
    • Go to Favorites => preset doesn't show in Favorites
    • Need to close and relaunch SM1 to see the newly added preset in Favorites.

However, I suggested to move Favorites as a bank in the Banks list under Browser. When that is done, it should still work as expected (refresh Favorites list for every addition/deletion).

Also, the Bank list is too wide which may be reduced and more width added to Preset list.

HTH

• First of all what a great synth, thank you.
    Has anyone else had problems when scrolling through the presets in browse mode? It seems to have a life of its own, when you start scrolling down it whizzes all the way to the bottom and also scrolls all the way to the top when trying to go to the preset I’d previously selected.

• @Bloodline said:
    First of all what a great synth, thank you.
    Has anyone else had problems when scrolling through the presets in browse mode? It seems to have a life of its own, when you start scrolling down it whizzes all the way to the bottom and also scrolls all the way to the top when trying to go to the preset I’d previously selected.

It's in my TODO list or urgent items. Should be fixed today.

• edited June 2018

Man Bulent that coffee must have been good! Thanks for all your hard work

@Bloodline said:
    First of all what a great synth, thank you.

It's in my TODO list or urgent items. Should be fixed today.

Thanks for the quick reply, keep up the great work

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Man Bulent that coffee must have been good! Thanks for all your hard work

2nd coffee on the way. This time hot though :smile:

• edited June 2018

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jocphone said:

Currently, you have only one page of settings (a 3rd of the screen) and hence no more room left to add more settings. You could make room under Settings by dividing the settings into Categories (see Cubasis Settings). You could have a vertically scrollable settings Category menu on the left and display only those settings on the right for the selected category menu on the left, like so:

• Audio Engine
    • MIDI Input
    • Keyboard
    • Etc.

As you know, with the above layout, you could add a whole bunch of settings that we suggested - without ever running out of room again :smiley:

• @MobileMusic said:
    I've updated my loooong bug list on page 14 of this thread (please re-check):
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/502024/#Comment_502024

However, as people may not be going back to see the bug list again and again, I've stopped updating it with new findings.

Here is a new issue found and the steps to reproduce it:

• Add a Preset to Favorites
    • Go to Favorites => preset doesn't show in Favorites
    • Need to close and relaunch SM1 to see the newly added preset in Favorites.

However, I suggested to move Favorites as a bank in the Banks list under Browser. When that is done, it should still work as expected (refresh Favorites list for every addition/deletion).

Also, the Bank list is too wide which may be reduced and more width added to Preset list.

HTH

Hmmm... I don’t get it...
    For me the favorite preset behavior is 100% OK...

A matter of facts, there’s few, very few occasions when Synthmaster One behave buggy (for me)...

I’m on iOS 11.4, iPad Pro 12.9” 2017

• Forgive me if this has been pointed out already, but the “set as default preset” doesn’t work. No matter how many times I’ve tried to set it to something else, SM1 always starts up with ARP Reso Flow.

This discussion has been closed.