Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

War in Robotland (super funky bass line achieved by using two Perforators in series)

Yesterday my distinguished colleague in the tutorial thread requested an example of using two Perforators in series to achieve a polyrhythm. Here's a jam I threw together in response. Rozeta Arpeggio is spitting a steady stream of eight notes into Model D. The two Perforators make it pop and sizzle.

Wear headphones or use speakers that reproduce the low end, because this one is all about that bass:

Comments

• Very cool, impressive. Nice bass line, lead is very nice also. Bravo!

• Aww yah! Thats rad!

• Really nice work. Kind of like Timmy Thomas meets Public Service Broadcasting, but with a bigger dose of imagination and smooth paying. :)

• Pretty wild! I was wonder what that effect you were describing in the other thread would sound like.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Pretty wild! I was wonder what that effect you were describing in the other thread would sound like.

It's a little over the top for dance music, but it could be dialed back. Alternatively, for more danceable funk you could generate a bass line like I did, and then just sample out some nice loops that emphasize the one.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Really nice work. Kind of like Timmy Thomas meets Public Service Broadcasting, but with a bigger dose of imagination and smooth paying. :)

Now that you mention it, that drum sound does remind of "Why Can't We Live Together". I just hit the randomization button on Rozeta Rhythm and it spit out an almost perfect bossa nova clave on the wood block.

• i like this very much!

• yeah! very nice

• I just hit the randomization button on Rozeta Rhythm and it spit out an almost perfect bossa nova clave on the wood block.
    >

Serendipity at its finest. :)

• edited June 2018

I really love the distorted guitar sound here. What was it?
    Uupsss....saw it is a remix. So i guess it´s from the original sound source.
    I hoped it was Model D :)

• @Cib said:

Geoshred.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Cib said:

Geoshred.

That sounds really nice. I like to create these sounds with synths.
    Didn´t heard such nice tones from Geoshred yet.
    Any FX on top for this?

• @Cib said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Cib said:

Geoshred.

Any FX on top for this?

Not much external FX -- only Maxima and DAW Cassette. Geoshred is doing most of the work. It is a factory patch, and the only parameter I changed was the tuning, to just intonation so that the upper harmonics blend better.

Geoshred is very good at saturated feedback sounds. I think you'd like it.

• @Cib said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Cib said:

Geoshred.

Any FX on top for this?

Check out my other Geoshred video, which is the same factory preset with no (external) FX at all:

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Check out my other Geoshred video, which is the same factory preset with no (external) FX at all:

You are on a roll. Inspiring stuff. :)