Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @brice said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@universe said:
    But the gentleman was asking how to create a favourites ‘bank’. I took that to mean a bank within the browser which is standard workflow. So this seems to be the only way at present.

Oh I see, my bad. anyhow, would letting user create folder under presets make the workflow simpler?

Your team has done a great job with this synth, but I agree with the comments already stated regarding preset management; some refinement is needed. Please consider a structure such as this for bank management:

The easier and more familiar you can make this process, the more inclined I think users will be to create and share new sounds for your synth. It’s clearly very powerful and capable of a lot, which makes streamlining this process all the more important.

If we get BB presets on SM1...I’ll be SMH in glee.

• @AudioGus said:
    Day two of the honeymoon and still in love. All sounds from Synthmaster One, made in BM3

Your honeymoon sounds great.

• @realdawei said:

@brice said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@universe said:
    But the gentleman was asking how to create a favourites ‘bank’. I took that to mean a bank within the browser which is standard workflow. So this seems to be the only way at present.

Oh I see, my bad. anyhow, would letting user create folder under presets make the workflow simpler?

Your team has done a great job with this synth, but I agree with the comments already stated regarding preset management; some refinement is needed. Please consider a structure such as this for bank management:

The easier and more familiar you can make this process, the more inclined I think users will be to create and share new sounds for your synth. It’s clearly very powerful and capable of a lot, which makes streamlining this process all the more important.

If we get BB presets on SM1...I’ll be SMH in glee.

;) it’s on the to-do list for certain.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I really want to use this synth more, but I'm kind of waiting for the fullscreen AU view to be fixed as I can't save presets in the AU version right now, other than using native host AU saving like in AUM or apeMatrix. Is there a way to access the save button in AU?

Agree it does sound really good though. :)

• I listened to all the samples Bulent posted. Hard (for me) to figure that this music is not all within the same genre of "modern music" that Fruitbat talks of. Maybe we need a definition of modern music and maybe that's another thread...
    Music seems to be specific to the time and place it is created in. Until a genius comes along. Beethoven would make something very different with SynthMaster One and probably, like his Ninth Symphony, no one could possibly imagine it beforehand. And I believe the capabilities of SM1 would be put to very good use with an astounding result. I just don't think Bulent's samples break out of the genre in that respect. JMO

• As for the au skin missing save button, I decided to move the arp next to routing/Fx tabs. So I can move the save button on the header :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    As for the au skin missing save button, I decided to move the arp next to routing/Fx tabs. So I can move the save button on the header :)

You can't access any of the other settings in this view either, like oversampling, background noise etc. but I 'm hoping you'll get a fix for this AU full screen issue soon as this works best in full screen mode :)

• Anyone figure out how to use the vocoder effect? I read Manual .. but don't see a way to use sm1 as a midi effect

• @AudioGus said:
    Day two of the honeymoon and still in love. All sounds from Synthmaster One, made in BM3

Man I always love what you do! Great stuff.

• @Halftone said:
    Anyone figure out how to use the vocoder effect? I read Manual .. but don't see a way to use sm1 as a midi effect

I believe the developer said (in first few pages of this thread) that it only works in standalone mode currently, but he is looking to implement the vocoder via the AU.

• @rtuckr said:

@Halftone said:
    Anyone figure out how to use the vocoder effect? I read Manual .. but don't see a way to use sm1 as a midi effect

I believe the developer said (in first few pages of this thread) that it only works in standalone mode currently, but he is looking to implement the vocoder via the AU.

Ok - still - any idea how to get it working?

• Permission to speak freely.

Fairly ambivalent about this release. Had high expectations and while some of them were met, it still feels like a let down. It can produce some cool sounds, with a fair bit of work to setup. But, to me, it’s not ready for primetime.

Sure, some things are released in the wild before they’re ready and that can be a great strategy. But you also need to strike a balance when you want to provide unique value in the right timeframe.

Yes, there are cool things in this synth. You can hear the promise. (Quite enjoy the way wavetables are handled, for instance. The “wavetable spread” is a really neat feature.) But, for now, this promise goes unfulfilled when you’re missing key features and some design decisions still have to be made.

Got SM1 and SM2 a while ago. Been waiting for this iOS release to invest more time in them. Will probably still use KV331 products on occasion and the purchase price doesn’t feel like a loss. But it’s still a bit disappointing.

Hopefully, AudioKit Synth One will be a more robust release than this. Yes, it’s a very different beast. But it’s one which benefitted from many ears in its development on iOS. (There must be a joke in there about “shallow bugs” and bit depth or something…)

• Permission granted from me...

I'm also experiencing some weird issues with the app like some notes simply do not play with certain 'tone' settings especially using the bit-crusher algorithm. It feels like some 'waveform samples' might be missing?!
    (I just take the regular saw-wave and assign other>bit-crush to the algorithm, then tweak the tone while playing and some notes just 'disappear').

Oh well, things will likely get sorted over time...

• The thing I can miss in this wonderful synth is the possibility to see which waveform that is in use when editing a nice patch...

As it is now, when you take down the waveform/wavetablemenu, you don’t see an indicator that show it...

To editing an already nice patch is a good way to learn, but, it’s like to wade in the fog if we don’t can see everything building a patch...

Otherwise, I really love Synthmaster One!

• I’ve already weighed in on the file system. That needs work as many others have said. I’m finding that the little pop up menu that you get when tapping certain knobs doesn’t always show, particularly with effects parameters and in other random places. I noticed this in the reverb parameters and other places. Also, I had SM hosted in AUM being driven by @brambos apps and eventually SM would crash when tweaking or changing presets. This happened with 4 instances of SM driven by 4 Rozeta Basslines and also with only 1 of each. It also happened driving 1 instance of SM with Quantum. I’ve also had random instances of a sequence or arp stopping when re-setting a parameter to default and at other random times of when using the UI. This is on Air 1 with 11.3.1. I just installed 11.4. Wonder if that will make any difference?

• I've been getting SM crash with using a couple of instances in apematrix alongside other fxs and midi plugins but I'm not sure if that's cpu overload as AM doesn't have a cpu meter yet. But I do think it needs more updates before it's really usable as an AUv3, despite that I'm enjoying the sounds coming out of it :)

• edited June 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    The thing I can miss in this wonderful synth is the possibility to see which waveform that is in use when editing a nice patch...

As it is now, when you take down the waveform/wavetablemenu, you don’t see an indicator that show it...

To editing an already nice patch is a good way to learn, but, it’s like to wade in the fog if we don’t can see everything building a patch...

Otherwise, I really love Synthmaster One!

Yes! i find myself saving the BM3 session a lot with the possibility of reloading it to get back the original mystery wave. certainly not ideal. It would also be awesome to just be able to +/- through them without seeing the list.

• I too will join The Party of Free Speak.

I love this synth And have not encountered a ton of issues on my end.

Pros..
    -It automates great in BM3
    -lush, smooth, beautiful (to my subjective ears)
    -tons of packs coming (insert Fry meme)
    -runs on my frickin iPad and sounds like a full on VST! (Ok, still can’t get over this. I am slow to ‘acclimate to’ / ‘take for granted’ novelty in general)
    -cost 20$ which I could have easily spent on beer that becomes piss water and fat

Cons...
    -I can’t run more than four instances in BM3 even when my CPU is under 60%. Crashes on the fifth (but eh, its a sampler, so sample that sweetness I say).
    -existing wave name should be discoverable (mentioned above)
    -modulation matrix visual feedback could be better (knob lfo ranges show while initialy setting parameter but not while tweaking etc)

Future Pros..
    -cons will likely be fixed

Obligatory feature request sneak in: Randomizer / Generator

• edited June 2018

@AudioGus said:
    I too will join The Party of Free Speak.

Pros..
    -runs on my frickin iPad and sounds like a full on VST! (Ok, still can’t get over this. I am slow to ‘acclimate to’ / ‘take for granted’ novelty in general)
    -cost 20$ which I could have easily spent on beer that becomes piss water and fat

Cons...
    -I can’t run more than four instances in BM3 even when my CPU is under 60%. Crashes on the fifth (but eh, its a sampler, so sample that sweetness I say).
    -modulation matrix visual feedback could be better (knob lfo ranges show while initialy setting parameter but not while tweaking etc)

Future Pros..

Tons of packs coming ? Oh man I’ve still only got half way through the factory presets and I’ve already favourited 60. Weird how some people have been saying it sounds mediocre. Some of the sounds do but you get that with most synths. But there really are some beefy and dynamic sounds there. It’s not just dance orientated too. Some are quite cinematic and for all the ambient heads, they are catered for too. But it’s all subjective

• @universe said:

@AudioGus said:

Pros..

Cons...

Future Pros..

Tons of packs coming ? Oh man I’ve still only got half way through the factory presets and I’ve already favourited 60. Weird how some people have been saying it sounds mediocre. Some of the sounds do but you get that with most synths. But there really are some beefy and dynamic sounds there. It’s not just dance orientated too. Some are quite cinematic and for all the ambient heads, they are catered for too. But it’s all subjective

A couple times with the presets I found myself going ‘huh?’ why is this even here? Then I realised...

• @AudioGus said:

@universe said:

@AudioGus said:

Pros..

Cons...

Future Pros..

A couple times with the presets I found myself going ‘huh?’ why is this even here? Then I realised...

Good find. Shit. I’m going to have to start again now. Doh! Ha

• edited June 2018

Thanks @DCJ ! Heres another. On the creepier side this time...

• @AudioGus said:

Brilliant!

• @AudioGus said:

Fabulous!!!!!

• I noticed that now that we have the option of 4X over Sampling globally or per preset, I’m setting it per preset. Otherwise it definitely will eat up CPU resources if you don’t. Well, at least in my lowly iPad 2017. But I thank Bulent and team for allowing us the same power as the desktop version.

This synth is extremely versatile! And I think that is for me and I mean IMHO where it takes first place! It’s proven itself in the desktop world and we are blessed to have it here now.

• edited June 2018

This synth is HEAVY! I love the sounds I’m getting. There’s a lot to it and I recommend really tweaking it before jumping to any conclusions for those who might be feeling a little buyer’s remorse.

The one thing I would love to see improved is that it is very fiddle for my fat fingers with tiny dials and menus. It has that Sugar Bytes ‘ported from desktop’ feel to the UI and could really do with more touch friendly controls.

Love the sound though.

• And, most important, layering sounds in AUM is really powerful!
    Very easy to layer four or six or why not eight nine instances of Synthmaster One to get a real HUGE sound!

I’m really in love with this powerhouse!

• Top tip: create your new presets in the IAA standalone as the UI is so much bigger and easier to use. Then load them up via AU for sequencing.

This discussion has been closed.