Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Yeah I think for me the presets aren't great as they are geared towards the mainstream so finding ones I like takes a while. But no doubting there's a powerful synth here to play with so am happy with it's potential. :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    While I think SM 1 has its own sound that some may not like, some of my initial reservations comes from the presets. They seemed pretty much designed towards more modern styles of music (which is fair). Just dabbling with a few presets and making a few sounds, it’s easy to make the sounds I want from this.

I believe there is the misconception that SynthMaster One is geared toward modern music, so I am going to post some audio demos from soundcloud. Each of our sound designers have a "unique" style/genre:

1. Nori Ubukata: he's an awesome sound designer and he usually does "oldshool/vintage" type sounds:

2. BigTone: he's a legendary sound designer and he does unique ambient/oldschool/vintage/analog type sounds:

3. Selcuk Ergen: he's a close friend of mine and does awesome 80s/synthwave type sounds:

4. Kevin Scroeder: he's such a talented designer and does "cinematic" sounds:

5. Arksun: he's, like BigTone, a very well known legendary designer, and does really awesome sounds:

I’m sure in time is at the AB Forums will make a sound pack as well :)

• edited June 2018

@MobileMusic said:
    Windows 2000 was released with 65,000+ officially accepted known bugs and issues:

An OS, on which many hundreds of programs are expected to run, cannot be compared to anything that does just one job. BTW, about 18 years later, Microsoft still has a rubbish OS and still can’t make a browser worth using!

if I remember right). KV331 seems to have a small team (they may not be as big as Steinberg) but the synth is impressive.

>

No one is saying otherwise.

• edited June 2018

>

Nori Ubukata: he's an awesome sound designer and he usually does "oldshool/vintage" type sounds:

Loving that example, Mr Bat. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Hi @kv331audio_bulent
    Are we likely to see an update for a full screen AU view soon?

It does the same for me in all hosts AB3 (beta) AUM and ApeMatrix and can't be seen. But I can see the full screen view is there just not working as it popped up once then disappeared in Audiobus.

app sounds nice though!

Is AUM pr ApeMatrix supporting full screen AU?

How can I get a betatester license for AB3?

@Carnbot said:
    Hi @kv331audio_bulent
    Are we likely to see an update for a full screen AU view soon?

It does the same for me in all hosts AB3 (beta) AUM and ApeMatrix and can't be seen. But I can see the full screen view is there just not working as it popped up once then disappeared in Audiobus.

app sounds nice though!

Is AUM pr ApeMatrix supporting full screen AU?

How can I get a betatester license for AB3?

Hi yes, they both support full screen AUs and work for all the others so far, so not sure what might be wrong.

If you contact @Michael for testflight access. There's also a link at the top of the forum with a beta thread with a link.

• @tja said:

@rackersr said:

@Tarekith said:
    If you could make a video of you reading the manual in realtime, that would be great too. :p

If this was on Twitter, I’d give it a “Like”...

I prefer both. I flip back and forth until it sticks.

(Still flipping back and forth...)

Why not give it a like in this forum?!?

Thanks for pointing out that I can.
    I didn’t realize I can like anything other than (DJT) tweets. :)

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I think for me the presets aren't great as they are geared towards the mainstream so finding ones I like takes a while. But no doubting there's a powerful synth here to play with so am happy with it's potential. :)

I don’t agree there...
    It contains 500 presets, and, I’ve found at least 50-100 that is more than expected on a mobile device synth :-)

But, with knowledge about program this wonderful synth you can come up with stunning results!

And, we are just a few days since release so there’s more to come...

I’m superdelighted...

• @MobileMusic said:

@universe said:
    @MobileMusic hi this functionality is already there. You have to create the bank in attributes and then it shows up in the browser after some kind of refresh.

It should be straight process forward to create folders/banks/favorites/etc. when we create them for the first time - instead of changing the attributes. Or at least, the refresh should work without having to close/relaunch the app after changing the attributes.

Attributes for factory/IAP presets should be locked/read-only. They should be editable only for user/other presets.

Save As should allow you to choose an existing bank or create a bank to save to. That’s pretty standard across OS’s. Then I would get into editing Attributes. I find the current system non-intuitive. The synth itself has a lot to offer but IMHO it’s let down by the current file management system.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I think for me the presets aren't great as they are geared towards the mainstream so finding ones I like takes a while. But no doubting there's a powerful synth here to play with so am happy with it's potential. :)

I don’t agree there...
    It contains 500 presets, and, I’ve found at least 50-100 that is more than expected on a mobile device synth :-)

But, with knowledge about program this wonderful synth you can come up with stunning results!

And, we are just a few days since release so there’s more to come...

I’m superdelighted...

Yes I can't wait to see what more sound designers come up with now the iOS version is out :)

• edited June 2018

So It's probably been posted before, but how do you add a favourites preset bank? ah ok, posted above :)

• @Carnbot said:
    So It's probably been posted before, but how do you add a favourites preset bank?

Click on save button -> "Add to favourites"

to load from favourites -> click on preset name -> Load favourites sub menu

@Carnbot said:
    So It's probably been posted before, but how do you add a favourites preset bank?

Click on save button -> "Add to favourites"

to load from favourites -> click on preset name -> Load favourites sub menu

ok thanks, but I can't see the save button in the AU (small version) is it there or only in large AU version?

• @Carnbot said:
    So It's probably been posted before, but how do you add a favourites preset bank? ah ok, posted above :)

It’s cumbersome and unintuitive at present:

1. Save as
    2. Rename file
    3. Go into attributes window
    4. Delete ‘factory preset’
    5. type name of new bank
    6. save preset
  • on the desktop version when you save the preset to a subfolder under presets the subfolder name becomes the bank name. I will have to add a "create folder" feature to the file dialog. on the desktop the file dialog is provided by the OS, but on iOS we don't have anything near.

Guys, since we're developing a UI framework "from scratch", we're not 100% there yet, but we will be :)

• @universe said:
    1. Save as
    2. Rename file
    5. type name of new bank
    5. save preset

No that is not the workflow for adding a preset to favourites list. I explained it above.

• I am planning to add feature where you can add a "star" next to a preset to mark it as favourite. I guess that might simplify the workflow.

• @universe said:

@Carnbot said:

It’s cumbersome and unintuitive at present:

1. Save as
    2. Rename file
    5. type name of new bank
    6. save preset

thanks, yes also looks like this isn't possible in AU version yet until screen size bug is fixed

@universe said:
    1. Save as
    2. Rename file
    5. type name of new bank
    5. save preset

No that is not the workflow for adding a preset to favourites list. I explained it above.

But the gentleman was asking how to create a favourites ‘bank’. I took that to mean a bank within the browser which is standard workflow. So this seems to be the only way at present.

• Does anyone know how to set different velocity for each step on a ARP sequence please?

• @Sygma said:
    Does anyone know how to set different velocity for each step on a ARP sequence please?

That’s gonna be fixed in v1.0.5 update

• @universe said:
    But the gentleman was asking how to create a favourites ‘bank’. I took that to mean a bank within the browser which is standard workflow. So this seems to be the only way at present.

Oh I see, my bad. anyhow, would letting user create folder under presets make the workflow simpler?

@universe said:

Oh I see, my bad. anyhow, would letting user create folder under presets make the workflow simpler?

Yes absolutely. So you Create folders or banks within the preset browser so the user can organise their own presets in their own way.

Then when saving presets, a ‘save to bank’ option.

Would be good if the save as name automatically defaults to whatever the preset was and you can ammend it from there, rather than currently having to type the whole name in from scratch, as sometimes the new saved preset is a simple variation, so you might just want to append the name with .1, .2 etc.

Also an option to export a whole bank as opposed to currently single presets.

• @universe said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@universe said:

Yes absolutely. So you Create folders or banks within the preset browser so the user can organise their own presets in their own way.

Then when saving presets, a ‘save to bank’ option.

Would be good if the save as name automatically defaults to whatever the preset was and you can ammend it from there, rather than currently having to type the whole name in from scratch, as sometimes the new saved preset is a simple variation, so you might just want to append the name with .1, .2 etc.

Also an option to export a whole bank as opposed to currently single presets.

Agree. Exporting a whole user bank is great for back up purposes and sharing.

• edited June 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@MobileMusic said:
    Windows 2000 was released with 65,000+ officially accepted known bugs and issues:

An OS, on which many hundreds of programs are expected to run, cannot be compared to anything that does just one job. BTW, about 18 years later, Microsoft still has a rubbish OS and still can’t make a browser worth using!

if I remember right). KV331 seems to have a small team (they may not be as big as Steinberg) but the synth is impressive.

>

No one is saying otherwise.

Right. But we are comparing 65,000+ issues on Win2K to barely a few dozen issues on SM1. The ratio and the magnitude is humungous.

I'll give you another example - vBulletin v5 forum software which was released 6 years ago and they resolve literally hundreds of issues every couple of months and still not there yet. They clearly mentioned not to use vB 5 on live sites due to poor performance issues but many sites use it on live sites anyway - including vBulletin.com site itself. I reported a missing CSS file while editing Article which is just a 1 missing line of code to the core HTML and they took 5 years to add that 1 line of code and resolve it - that's the size of their bug backlog (it's a bug fest):

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-announcements/vbulletin-announcements_aa
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin#vBulletin_5_Connect

User involvement was huge in making vB 5 what it is today.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @Dawdles said:
    Large wave table view - that becomes visible under ROUTING tab when you turn the Index, Tone and Phase knobs on the top-left.

SUGGESTION: The dev could add an exclusive WAVETABLE tab next to ARP/SEQ tab to "always" show the wavetable inside this tab area instead of showing it temporarily in the same ROUTING tab area while twisting the knobs.

++1

I am planning to add feature where you can add a "star" next to a preset to mark it as favourite. I guess that might simplify the workflow.

That's the default way it is implemented in other synths - Kauldron, Sunrizer, etc. Also, add the Favorites to the Banks instead of as a dropdown.

• edited June 2018

is this strange, maybe a bug?

i’m trying to setup midi to work with the digitakt (synthmaster one is going to be a perfect partner app for the dt).

there are some controls that are already mapped, for example PB for pitch bend, MW for the mod wheel. However when i try to map something in SM1, for example Attack (AMP envelope) I can get it mapped but the slider is constantly shaking up and down.

i’ve also noticed that when i setup the midi mapping everything is linked to cc70. but, see the Tone control for OSC1, which is already setup, this is set to cc2.

not really an expert on midi settings, i might be missing something or overlooked some info from the videos.

any ideas

ps - i love this app, love the desktop version also. but this app is something else. i really can’t beleive this is available on ios.

• edited June 2018

Day two of the honeymoon and still in love. All sounds from Synthmaster One, made in BM3

@universe said:

Your team has done a great job with this synth, but I agree with the comments already stated regarding preset management; some refinement is needed. Please consider a structure such as this for bank management:

The easier and more familiar you can make this process, the more inclined I think users will be to create and share new sounds for your synth. It’s clearly very powerful and capable of a lot, which makes streamlining this process all the more important.

This discussion has been closed.