Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• Can you record notes by playing with a midi controller into the sequencer?

• I fiddle with SPA past tonight. I don't have the first version because I thought I didn't need it but.....

This is the best app that I use NEVER in terms of inspiration and flexibilty.

I used several instances with Modstep and Rozeta and seems "magic".

Amazing work.

• So most folks using this in AUM or anyone enjoying it elsewhere?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    For those that may be struggling with Program Change, this is from the manual.

MIDI Program Change
    The presets can be recalled from a "Program Change" command by inserting the program
    number as "#NNN" at the beginning of the preset name.
    The number "NNN" is from 001 to 128.
    For example, if you want to recall the preset "My Preset" by a MIDI "Program Change"
    number 10, you need to name it "#010 My Preset".
    Some softwares or hardwares are using a number from 0 to 127, where "StepPolyArp
    Unit" is using a number from 1 to 128. In this case, to recall a preset called "#010 My Preset"
    on "StepPolyArp Unit", you need to send the 'Program Change" number 9 from the
    software or hardware (the "StepPolyArp Unit" number minus 1).

Can confirm this is working well.

:astonished: Didn't know this was possible.... :)

• edited June 2018

apeMatrix, which is nearly ready to drop, probably this weekend if not then next week :)

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So most folks using this in AUM or anyone enjoying it elsewhere?

• @Carnbot said:
    apeMatrix, which is nearly ready to drop, probably this weekend if not then next week :)

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing what Doug makes of that one.

• edited June 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    As a wise man once tweeted:

“I’d pay again if you add [major feature]”

Releases new app with Major Feature.

“How dare you charge us again!?”

ANYWAY....
    There was some debate earlier that this was not ready for prime time: Can we dispel this rumor or confirm its truth? Does SPA Unit need an update or is it ready to go?

It's good to go on my air2, let me give it a thorough testing. I actually have a theory that you can basically use the step sequencer mode to pretty much create an entire track entirely inside Aum. Just have to see if the theory in my head translates to actual usage. Will make a video if my efforts pan out :D
    Although I'm not so sure people really expect much from me now lol.

• This is plenty of endorsement for me. Bought.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So most folks using this in AUM or anyone enjoying it elsewhere?

I'd also like to know too, also does it work with external gear via CCK and Bluetooth?
    Any info would be great thanks.

• @knewspeak said:
    I'd also like to know too, also does it work with external gear via CCK and Bluetooth?
    Any info would be great thanks.

I don't have this new version yet but SPA was one of the first apps I remember that had BT MIDI baked into the app so I would be shocked if it didn't have it now. I never tried the original SPA with external gear but I suspect it will work.

• Working flawlessly for me so far :)

• Regarding a “tip developer” IAP. My daily browser iCab Mobile (many features and very customizable, highly recommended) has a ‘tip’ option.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    Great stuff, looking forward to seeing what Doug makes of that one.

>

I’d put money on him liking it. :)

• @d4d0ug said:
    I don’t know if it was a feature in the previous version... however the ability to set midi channel per ‘row’ in the sequencer makes this a really nice app to use with the volca sample (with its midi channel per sample implementation). Add some perforator for modulation and yeah... this good!

Doesn't SPA have its own modulation channel?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What are the automation options with the new SPA? For example, what could I point Rozeta LFOs at?

• edited June 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    What are the automation options with the new SPA? For example, what could I point Rozeta LFOs at?

Yes, please, anyone who has it (the UNIT version) - please could one make a screenshot where the automation/cc sending stuff is? Thank you!

• edited June 2018

@MrBlaschke said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    What are the automation options with the new SPA? For example, what could I point Rozeta LFOs at?

Yes, please, anyone who has it (the UNIT version) - please could one make a screenshot where the automation/cc sending stuff is? Thank you!

Unfortunately the SPA automation parameters don’t appear to be exposed for use in AUM.

There are some midi specs for a few of the Arp settings.

See pic

• I’ve not checked if these work in the AUv3 or just standalone yet. I’ll report back a bit later.

• edited June 2018

It sends out mostly, but here’s what it can receive other than program change...
    Ok beat me to it :)

• There’s no AU parameters exposed though but you can use SPA to modulate I think about 5 CCs per instance so use it like a step modulator.

• @Carnbot said:
    There’s no AU parameters exposed though but you can use SPA to modulate I think about 5 CCs per instance so use it like a step modulator.

Yeah, the automation looks limited to send, no receive.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Unfortunately the SPA automation parameters don’t appear to be exposed for use in AUM.

What does that exactly mean?
    Does that mean one can not configure MIDI Routing for SPA UNIT inside of AUM via the side menu in AUM?

@SpookyZoo said:

I am new to this automation stuff, so please forgive if that question is stupid:
    Can i, for example, send something to (example) CC66 (or whatever number) or are these all predefined and “set for good”?

@SpookyZoo said:

• I’ve not checked if these work in the AUv3 or just standalone yet. I’ll report back a bit later.

Yes, please :smile: Thanks in advance

Thanks to all you picture posters :smiley:

• edited June 2018

@MrBlaschke said:

@SpookyZoo said:

What does that exactly mean?
    Does that mean one can not configure MIDI Routing for SPA UNIT inside of AUM via the side menu in AUM?

@SpookyZoo said:

I am new to this automation stuff, so please forgive if that question is stupid:
    Can i, for example, send something to (example) CC66 (or whatever number) or are these all predefined and “set for good”?

@SpookyZoo said:

Yes, please :smile: Thanks in advance

Thanks to all you picture posters :smiley:

I was slightly wrong.

• Although the ARP settings above don't appear in the 'Midi Control parameters section, they can be controlled via the CCs listed.

I can confirm these work well.

These, plus pattern change and latch...

• Routings to/from StepPoly Unit can be done via the Matrix or next to icon in AUM

• The Automation appears to be send only, although you can choose which 5 those are by tapping on the tab.

• As I guessed you can basically make step poly arp do pattern changes on itself. This basically means you can have some of them running at much slower clocks being the “pattern selector” for other instances. Thus theoretically making an entire song in Aum.

Here’s very early proof:-

@ExAsperis99 I’ll try and make an actual track now and probably post a video eventually how this works XD

• Not sure if this has been covered, but if you load Rozetta LFO and SPAunit into AUM, pick the LFO as the "Midi Source" for SPAunit and it automatically changes/modulates the "Speed" setting in SPAunit. No idea why this and other parameters are not uncovered in the Midi Control tab of AUM, but this is pretty interesting.

• Further to the above - so cc# 17 seems to control "Speed" in SPAunit. I'm sure some other controls can be found just by poking around.

• ALBALB
    edited June 2018

Ooops - this has already been covered by SpookyZoo.

• edited June 2018

@ALB said:
    Further to the above - so cc# 17 seems to control "Speed" in SPAunit. I'm sure some other controls can be found just by poking around.

The Audiounit responds to all the Ccs mentioned in the manual. It's pretty much how I got the pattern changes to work in m video above. I just made 1 step poly arp send midi cc 21 to a second instance with both instances running in sequence mode.

Values 0-15 trigger patterns 1-16 respectively. End result is it can basically automate itself.
    Now the more advanced sequencing experiments can begin :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    As I guessed you can basically make step poly arp do pattern changes on itself. This basically means you can have some of them running at much slower clocks being the “pattern selector” for other instances. Thus theoretically making an entire song in Aum.

Here’s very early proof:-

@ExAsperis99 I’ll try and make an actual track now and probably post a video eventually how this works XD

That's really cool. As an arpeggiator, is SPA somehow lacking as a sequencer? Can you do chords?