Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• When i registered it gave me a confirmation that all presets were downloaded.

• Really exciting release. Love all the parameters in AUM, looks like can even map the preset browser and other settings. The AU scrolling is really great as well.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    I'm gonna put the One desktop and One iOS user manuals on our product pages on the website

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Can’t wait to dig in. :)

• edited June 2018

I got it and sounds great - one issue I noticed though after watching the video - I am not seeing the Glissando option on Keyboard X settings. Running on original iPad Pro 12.9”

• edited June 2018

Woah. Yes. Yes. This is amazing. Can’t wait for that smooth 4x.

• Never had so much fun starting from an Init patch. :smile:

• Since SM1 is a wavetable synthesis, it can possibly replace Animoog :smile:

• @powerobject said:
    Since SM1 is a wavetable synthesis, it can possibly replace Animoog :smile:

It will likely get a lot more use from me but that x/y pad is nice in Animoog.

• @powerobject said:

:D

• So I take it Mod Matrix has a few visual/hookup bugs at the moment? i am also willing to accept that I am a bit dense but I am pretty sure it has some quirks.

• @RajahP said:

@anickt said:
    Anyone running this on an Air 1?

If it's a query about CPU performance... This beast is so lite on the CPU it is like magic...

Yeah - what kind of performance on an “older” iPad. Thanks

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot said:

@powerobject said:

:D

Try this preset - LED Shout About
    That sounds just like Animoog!
    We can tweak it to make it sound better...
    HOLY SYNTH :smiley:

• edited June 2018

Dragging waveforms into the program does nothing at all. I assume it’s a bug.
    Edit: never mind. It’s one particular waveform that doesn’t work which is white noise

• This is probably a total noob question, but if I want to use multiple instances of Synthmaster One in Cubasis, what would be the best format to use, AU?, and just open up a bunch of them on different tracks?

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    This is probably a total noob question, but if I want to use multiple instances of Synthmaster One in Cubasis, what would be the best format to use, AU?, and just open up a bunch of them on different tracks?

I believe AU is the only way to have multiple instances

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@CrazySynthMan said:
    This is probably a total noob question, but if I want to use multiple instances of Synthmaster One in Cubasis, what would be the best format to use, AU?, and just open up a bunch of them on different tracks?

Oh, I see. Thanks! I look forward to using multiple instances the next time I'm noodling around in cubasis.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

Oh, I see. Thanks! I look forward to using multiple instances the next time I'm noodling around in cubasis.

Seems like your username is a good fit, then. B)

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2018

@AudioGus said:
    So I take it Mod Matrix has a few visual/hookup bugs at the moment? i am also willing to accept that I am a bit dense but I am pretty sure it has some quirks.

Yep. Still some quirks.

• Just got. Sounds great - only went through 25-30 patches but there's a few very inspiring sounds I found that I can't wait to make tracks with.

Great performance too. I had Future Drummer, 3 loops in AUM playing, and 4 instances of SM1 running in AUM - CPU hovering around 30-32%! (New 2018 iPad - iOS 11.3 - 512buffer)

Couldn't find tempo setting in standalone (no biggie) ..

I think the Ableton Link sync drifts - I tried a few arps and they synced fine at first but after a minute were definitely off time ... usually Link apps are more solid. Anyone else noticed?

Nice synth - wouldn't hesitate to recommend it

• Even after new update still crashes and forces reload with multiple instances loaded in GarageBand.

• @stormywaterz said:
    Even after new update still crashes and forces reload with multiple instances loaded in GarageBand.

Is that every users experience? No, I don't think so...

For me it's stable with no hassle at all - iPad Pro 12.9" 2017 with iOS 11.4...

Just like the desktop world we all have different hardware and different system version, so it often not just the synth it self that is the crashing problem...

Synthmaster One is for me top notch!!

• edited June 2018

👍

• So stupid question. How would one go about automating let’s say something in the mod matrix like the filter cutoff in Cubasis??

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Just tested and if you use the stand alone IAA version it works perfectly at 48khz but AU version is out of pitch. Couldn’t try 96khz.

will be debugging and fixing this issue. I will submit a new build v1.0.5 on Sunday night.

• BTW, hopefuly in a month's time we will start selling the additional presets (for desktop) as an IAP.

• SynthMaster One is great @kv331audio_bulent really top work and the videos were a great push for me to buy the app.

One little thing, I realise this the first release and there are probably already a ton of things to fix, but could you make it so that the arp stays running when you switch to the mod matrix page? It’s difficult to adjust the mod values correctly if your sequence has stopped and you don’t have an external keyboard plugged in.

Really enjoying this synth, and looking forward to getting some sounds out of it that I would find difficult or maybe impossible to achieve on other synths. The fact that it is AU and really low on cpu is a real bonus too.

• Hi @kv331audio_bulent

Is there any way to make SynthMaster One 'scan/re-scan' Waveforms folder?

I thought it would be 'easy' to just copy a folder of waveforms to /iCloudDrive/SynthMasterOne/Waveforms/'MyFolder'

...but if every wave has to be imported one-by-one it's becomes quite tedious...

/Samuel

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Dragging waveforms into the program does nothing at all. I assume it’s a bug.
    Edit: never mind. It’s one particular waveform that doesn’t work which is white noise

It is not a bug. The waveform length should be multiple of 2048 samples. Try some wavetables downloaded from the internet for synths like Serum. They use 2048 too

• edited June 2018

@Jocphone said:
    SynthMaster One is great @kv331audio_bulent really top work and the videos were a great push for me to buy the app.

One little thing, I realise this the first release and there are probably already a ton of things to fix, but could you make it so that the arp stays running when you switch to the mod matrix page? It’s difficult to adjust the mod values correctly if your sequence has stopped and you don’t have an external keyboard plugged in.

I was about to mention this issue. At least, let the Hold keep sounding the pressed key but it stops the sound once switched to Mod Matrix and we are twisting knobs in the dark without knowing what effect it is changing.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

It is not a bug. The waveform length should be multiple of 2048 samples. Try some wavetables downloaded from the internet for synths like Serum. They use 2048 too

Is the 2048 per 'cycle' or the entire wav-file?

What I'm trying to do is to import 'serum' versions of the AdventureKid Waveforms.
    With 100 single cycles waves in a file the resulting *.wav file is 204800 samples long.
    (Some tables contain fewer cycles but each individual cycle is 2048 samples long).

This discussion has been closed.