Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @powerobject said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@powerobject said:
    500 presets and no Favorites! Also, scroll the Preset list and stop - it keeps scrolling...
    Favorites is a must in any DAW and they are so easy to implement with a BIG bang.
    In GeoShred and Sunrizer, we can create multiple user banks.
    In GeoShred, we can also custom Sort presets.

Try scrolling using the scroll bar on the side.

Check out Sunrizer or Kauldron where we can tap on a star next to the preset to add it to Favorites or user bank for quick access. This is what I meant by favorites/user banks. If we like some presets, it is hard to remember them among 500 presets without being able to bookmark them into favorites/user bank.

I’m aware of that but I was referring to the scrolling issue. If you use the scroll bar, it will stop scrolling when you want

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’m aware of that but I was referring to the scrolling issue. If you use the scroll bar, it will stop scrolling when you want

Fixed in v1.0.3, which is due out tonight!

I also noticed that oversampling was not working, fixed that in v1.0.4, that's also uploaded to Apple for review as well.

Speaking of oversampling, I decided to enable x3 and x4 oversampling :smiley:

Expect v1.0.4 in 24 hours :)

• Do you get a email in ref to the 200 free presets as now I’m registered not seeing them ? Does SynthMaster One come with exactly the same presets as the desktop version as I put in my serial number which showed as selected and not a lot happened apart from a pop up to say in regestered. I haven’t made any of my own presets in the desktop so maybe it’s just these that import over anyone care to comment ?

• @kv331audio_bulent I am very impressed with this launch and obviously with the synth itself. Even more impressed with your engagement and responsiveness here with the AB community.

Class act!

• Wow! That’s such great news! Thanks Bulent!
    Amazing Synth and amazing Devs!

This is so awesome!

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Fixed in v1.0.3, which is due out tonight!

I also noticed that oversampling was not working, fixed that in v1.0.4, that's also uploaded to Apple for review as well.

• F-ckin hell, and just when I thought it was going to be another normal week, we get StepPolyArp and Synthmaster One in the space of 24-48 hours taking $30. :lol: Doesn't matter though, because things are strangely starting to feel a bit like 2015, this time with AU rather than IAA.

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@palm said:
    ah, cool! but where is the scale selector in the auv3? I can't seem to find it

I wish other DAW apps supported full screen AUs too.

Most DAWs already do, and did so long before Garageband introduced its own (slightly elaborate) method. When “viewWillLayoutSubviews” is called on your AU’s viewController, simply check how big the view is. Some AU hosts (e.g. AUM and BM3) let the user easily toggle between letterbox and fullscreen mode without requiring GB’s size negotiation dance. B)

P.s. Congratulations on the release. It looks like a stunning synth! :)

• Bulent, the tutorial videos are awesome! Haven’t touched the manual, what manual? Is there one? Oh well, I’m visual and the vids are awesome!

• okokokok

You got me.

Getting it.

Over thesoundtestroom link :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

awesome ... that just made me pull the trigger.
    first impression: this looks and sounds really nice :smile:

Fantastic!! This is for real now. :). OK, I’m in!

• edited June 2018

This is officially my favorite iOS synth now, so glad I pre-ordered (first time!). It is beautiful! Deleted everything else...okay, just kidding. :wink: Even bought it on desktop, too. Seriously blown away by this! Maybe I'll get SynthMaster Player or 2 with that 30% off coupon.

• Guys, is there an offline rendering mode for AudioUnit plugins? Because in the plugin version of SM1/SM2, we have offline engine/buffer size settings. So, in offline mode, users can take advantage of 4x oversampling and low buffer sizes (low buffer size means LFOs/envelopes are calculates every 16 samples instead of 64/32)

Guys, is there an offline rendering mode for AudioUnit plugins? Because in the plugin version of SM1/SM2, we have offline engine/buffer size settings. So, in offline mode, users can take advantage of 4x oversampling and low buffer sizes (low buffer size means LFOs/envelopes are calculates every 16 samples instead of 64/32)

Yes, there is; hosts can set it. But last time I checked no host actually does (may have changed in the meantime, though). Also buffersizes are always determined by the host, but I guess you're referring to an internal rendering buffer in your own engine :)

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/audiotoolbox/auaudiounit/1387578-renderingoffline?language=objc

• Anything from the MPE crowd? Does it work for you with some MPE controller? Still investigating my issues with Lightpad. Will try other MPE controllers. Does sound like a problem with multiple channels as you can actually get a note through once in a while. Still doesn’t explain why single-channel mode doesn’t work, though.

• @brambos said:
    Yes, there is; hosts can set it. But last time I checked no host actually does (may have changed in the meantime, though). Also buffersizes are always determined by the host, but I guess you're referring to an internal rendering buffer in your own engine :)

Yes, my internal rendering buffer size :)

• edited June 2018

@Enkerli said:
    Anything from the MPE crowd? Does it work for you with some MPE controller? Still investigating my issues with Lightpad.

Same here!
    The lightpad will not work as expected. I have to hit the pad very hard to get a tone. No way to play scales. In the moment it’s unplayable... 😩

May I miss some important settings @kv331audio_bulent ?

Tomorrow I will check the situation with the Seaboard.

• Try disabling Velocity in the keyboard settings? It might help but then again I’m only using the on board screen keyboard.

@chandroji said:

@Enkerli said:
    Anything from the MPE crowd? Does it work for you with some MPE controller? Still investigating my issues with Lightpad.

Same here!
    The lightpad will not work as expected. I have to hit the pad very hard to get a tone. No way to play scales. In the moment it’s unplayable... 😩

May I miss some important settings @kv331audio_bulent ?

Tomorrow I will check the situation with the Seaboard.

• edited June 2018

That was a good idea @MusicMan4Christ
    But it won’t work.😩

Just when I push the pad really! hard maybe I get a tone. In the next moment no tone will come. Sometimes so, sometimes so. SynthMaster One will not recognize the lightpad actions properly.

No problem within Noise or Volt. There is the lightpad very responsive.

• edited June 2018

But no problem within GarageBand!
    Here the lightpad works with S1 as expected! 😎

• I’m having saving problems. I made 3 sounds from a preset and changed all the details. They all saved properly and show fine in both the stand alone and AU versions.

I then made a new sound from an Init patch and saved as before. It shows in a save in AUM, but has disappeared from the stand alone version. I then made another from an Init and it has disappeared as well from both versions.

Very odd lol

Anyone else experiencing this? On iPad Air2 with iOS 11.3.1

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

did you try searching by the preset name? maybe it has to do with author name. I guess I'll have to overwrite author name when user saves an existing preset as another one.

• @chandroji said:
    But no problem within GarageBand!
    Here the lightpad works with S1 as expected! 😎

Oha, hast du einen Laden in dem die ganzen Geräte stehen, oder hast du all diese Bluetooth Geräte zu Hause... krass :)

I am shooting all sorts of tutorial videos today so we wont need a written manual :wink:

Please reconsider your decision. Not everyone has the time to watch videos to learn how to use an app/program. It is far more efficient for an end-user to be able to look up a specific function or how something works than to wade through videos.

I was actually fairly interested in SynthMaster One but this decision has made me reconsider. I have spent the last week or so trying to figure out if even the desktop version has a particular feature in the Oscillator section and I couldn't find a manual online. I don't have time to sit through videos to find the answer to a question I could find quickly in in a searchable PDF. I can't be the only one.

Thanks for your consideration and congrats on the launch.

@Fruitbat1919 said:

did you try searching by the preset name? maybe it has to do with author name. I guess I'll have to overwrite author name when user saves an existing preset as another one.

I changed the Author and bank names, but as I say, the existing preset changed sounds have saved ok. It’s just the ones from the Init that have disappeared.

• edited June 2018

@david_2017
    Ähem, ich habe sie zuhause. Zum Glück zeigt die Liste nur meine Bluetoothgeräte... 😎🎶

• Yeah, Bulent that will help bigtime! If we make changes to a preset, when saving as: it would be so nice to have the fields blank, although only if changes have been made to the preset so that it has now your own particular tweaks. Then yeah that would rock!

Also, we are able to save to iCloud so what I have done since this has happened to me while testing is: when you finish doing all your tweaks do a save as and give the preset your own unique name: then save it. Now, after that tap on save to iCloud option. It will now appear in the files app under iCloud SynthMaster One folder.

But to make sure it is there in SM1 hit save once. This is my process for now and I’ve recovered many presets I’ve made this way. But recovering isn’t perfect either as there’s no way to import from iCloud.

Bulent, could you make an import from iCloud option available?

Currently if you tap on a preset on the iCloud it loads it to SM1 but you have to make sure you do the save process again or it won’t save.

Little rough process but I’m loving this mega synth and I was finally able to recreate my favorite preset from Z3TA now in Synthmaster One.

I haven’t figured out how to share it though.

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I changed the Author and bank names, but as I say, the existing preset changed sounds have saved ok. It’s just the ones from the Init that have disappeared.

Just to add. Just restarted and one sound has come back, but it’s in the Factory Presets bank now. The sounds attributes though are showing my own bank name, yet it does not appear in my own bank.

I was going to post you some pics, but on bringing the app to the front again, the sound has disappeared from the Factory bank and does not appear in search, even though I have the actually playing!

• If you’re able to bring up the preset make sure you save it to iCloud.

• @papertiger said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    I am shooting all sorts of tutorial videos today so we wont need a written manual :wink:

Please reconsider your decision. Not everyone has the time to watch videos to learn how to use an app/program. It is far more efficient for an end-user to be able to look up a specific function or how something works than to wade through videos.

I was actually fairly interested in SynthMaster One but this decision has made me reconsider. I have spent the last week or so trying to figure out if even the desktop version has a particular feature in the Oscillator section and I couldn't find a manual online. I don't have time to sit through videos to find the answer to a question I could find quickly in in a searchable PDF. I can't be the only one.

Thanks for your consideration and congrats on the launch.

I do like manuals too and often enjoy reading them right through but I also get that they are a massive commitment requiring a lot of work. At this price point I am OK with it. Videos are not ideal but sooo much better than no videos at all.

This discussion has been closed.