Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• Decided to buy it. where is the polyrhythmic mode, or how does that work?

• @eross said:
    Decided to buy it. where is the polyrhythmic mode, or how does that work?

For polymeter, you can change the length of each individual line in the sequencer. I haven't tried this yet, but you should also be able to run multiple instances of the app at different tempos, for true polyrhythm.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Nice! Thank you! So I guess we'd just route it to multiple channels and use the AUM channel filters to get it going.

.. Yeah, I tested the routing to 2 synths in AUM and all works well using the channel filters.

Could I ask you (or anyone feeling generous) to check how slow the speed goes down to? Standalone maxes out at 1/1. Hoping for more like 4/1 and 8/1.

Same as standalone it seems.

Did you need anything else testing?

Thanks very much for this. It's a bit of a bummer but totally understandable in an arpeggiator.

• Mucho issues on this app so far.

AUM and AB3

Will try to delete and reinstall.

• edited June 2018

So I’m very pleased to see this sequencer as AU. However, this is a good example of why I think I will not be buying another IAA app. I bought this a while back but because my workflow went very AUM/BM3 plus plugins, I really didn’t use it at all. Now I am looking at re-buying essentially the same app in an updated format.

I am very supportive of developers as I hope is clear. This is not a great experience as a customer however so it doesn’t make sense to spend money on IAA apps anymore, only to have to spend it again on the AU update. Every active developer is going to start looking at upgrading to AU, I expect, to stay in the game. I hadn’t counted on having to re-buy all of my lesser used IAA apps however...

So yes, I would have preferred an in place upgrade and hope that increased sales would cover the conversion to AU costs. No biggie. The bottom line is that I am very pleased this is AU and can’t wait for Navichord, Quantum and other favourites to go the same way hopefully.

• @Kühl said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:
    Really loving this updated version...really really nice workflow options now :)

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

I mean in AU mode :)

Yes, me too :)

That´s also the title of this topic.

This release was a shock to me. I was working all night last night with the old StepPolyArp. I actually sat and wished for an auv3 version. What is the probability for a wish like that coming true in a real universe? Almost zero. I’ve concluded that we live in a simulation. We are The Sims. Now, let’s play :smile:

My working days appear to be more Call Of Duty but with more collateral damage and PTSD.

Will I buy this thing? Yes, probably, big fan of the original and don’t mind supporting the dev in future endeavours. Given the original is 8 years old I don’t think a paid upgrade is unreasonable.

In other news my new guitar has shipped after being on a 2 month backlog, I am in an uncommonly good mood.

• @bcrichards said:

@eross said:
    Decided to buy it. where is the polyrhythmic mode, or how does that work?

For polymeter, you can change the length of each individual line in the sequencer. I haven't tried this yet, but you should also be able to run multiple instances of the app at different tempos, for true polyrhythm.

Looks like as an AU, there’s no way to override the tempo from the sequencer? So I don’t know if you can run two instances at different tempos, but you can still run them at different subdivisions.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For polymeter, you can change the length of each individual line in the sequencer.

You can do that in the old one too.

• Buggy as well? Between this and Synthmaster, no new fun tonight. I trust the dev to fix up this one shortly though, his track record has been spot on.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChordpolyPad unit is on it's way, because reading the new manual and it's been put in there as a typo by mistake. So I'd advise anyone to not purchase that one yet until the new one is out ;)

• @gusgranite said:
    I bought this a while back but because my workflow went very AUM/BM3 plus plugins, I really didn’t use it at all.

I hate it when that happens. Ive been trying to buy less apps and one thing Ive done is not buy until Im actually ready to use it. Too often Ive been caught up in hype of something I think will be essential but by the time I need it something better has come out or Ive changed my workflow or I didn't even need it in the first place. Not so much for synths but fx and sequencers and stuff.

• I'm starting to fancy this one after watching Doug's vid.

• Minor niggle - I was trying to make a template for the Cubasis classic drums - but I ran out of rows

NO COWBELLS ON CLASSIC ;)

• in the stand alone version, how do you change the octave of the built in keyboard ?

• @eross said:
    in the stand alone version, how do you change the octave of the built in keyboard ?

Swipe in left or right from OFF the screen. i.e, the iPad bezel.

• @1nsomniak said:

@gusgranite said:
    I bought this a while back but because my workflow went very AUM/BM3 plus plugins, I really didn’t use it at all.

I hate it when that happens. Ive been trying to buy less apps and one thing Ive done is not buy until Im actually ready to use it. Too often Ive been caught up in hype of something I think will be essential but by the time I need it something better has come out or Ive changed my workflow or I didn't even need it in the first place. Not so much for synths but fx and sequencers and stuff.

Indeed. It has been a bit of a frenzy... A good example is that I am only now getting to know the Forever Beats app and it has already been pulled from the AppStore!

Definitely being more strategic with my purchases from here on in. 😉

• @SpookyZoo said:

@eross said:
    in the stand alone version, how do you change the octave of the built in keyboard ?

Swipe in left or right from OFF the screen. i.e, the iPad bezel.

thanks, i new It was me just being dumb and overlooking it. lol

• $15 ? Is it worth that? I have plenty of sequencers and arpeggio generators already, but haven’t tried any SPA apps before. Are they really that special?

• @CracklePot said:
    $15 ? Is it worth that? I have plenty of sequencers and arpeggio generators already, but haven’t tried any SPA apps before. Are they really that special?

This^

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot said:
    $15 ? Is it worth that? I have plenty of sequencers and arpeggio generators already, but haven’t tried any SPA apps before. Are they really that special?

@Ivan_Dj said:

@CracklePot said:

This^

Yes. I rebought it the moment I found it was out. Step poly arp is one of the most advanced arps I have ever used. And not just limited to iOS. Having it as an au that supports multiple instances is absolutely brilliant :D the step sequencer mode that is new for unit basically means you can do sequenced patterns with Aum and not need an external daw.

• @CracklePot I probably have them all as well, but I do think SPA is special. Which ones do you have and love? I can try to compare to see if it works for your workflow.

• edited June 2018

For those that may be struggling with Program Change, this is from the manual.

MIDI Program Change
    The presets can be recalled from a "Program Change" command by inserting the program
    number as "#NNN" at the beginning of the preset name.
    The number "NNN" is from 001 to 128.
    For example, if you want to recall the preset "My Preset" by a MIDI "Program Change"
    number 10, you need to name it "#010 My Preset".
    Some softwares or hardwares are using a number from 0 to 127, where "StepPolyArp
    Unit" is using a number from 1 to 128. In this case, to recall a preset called "#010 My Preset"
    on "StepPolyArp Unit", you need to send the 'Program Change" number 9 from the
    software or hardware (the "StepPolyArp Unit" number minus 1).

Can confirm this is working well.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@CracklePot said:

This^

Yes. I rebought it the moment I found it was out. Step poly arp is one of the most advanced arps I have ever used. And not just limited to iOS. Having it as an au that supports multiple instances is absolutely brilliant :D the step sequencer mode that is new for unit basically means you can do sequenced patterns with Aum and not need an external daw.

Thanks...I think it's going to be next :)

• @Ivan_Dj said:

@CracklePot said:

This^

they absolutely are. they have a level of functionality and refinement that is exceptional, and I assume, this is because the developer is a musician who is using it himself

• @SpookyZoo said:

MIDI Program Change
    The presets can be recalled from a "Program Change" command by inserting the program
    For example, if you want to recall the preset "My Preset" by a MIDI "Program Change"
    Some softwares or hardwares are using a number from 0 to 127, where "StepPolyArp
    Unit" is using a number from 1 to 128. In this case, to recall a preset called "#010 My Preset"

It looks like you can set the PC message to control the preset (as described in your handy copy/paste) or the pattern--but can you do both?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@SpookyZoo said:

MIDI Program Change

It looks like you can set the PC message to control the preset (as described in your handy copy/paste) or the pattern--but can you do both?

You have to choose between either preset or pattern for each instance, for program change. But you can change patterns with midi cc

• @Carnbot said:
    You have to choose between either preset or pattern for each instance, for program change. But you can change patterns with midi cc

Perfect, thanks.

• @gusgranite said:

A good example is that I am only now getting to know the Forever Beats app and it has already been pulled from the AppStore!

Oh great. :'( Ibought that, thinking it had such potential. But if tbe dev has run away....