Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hello Instabuy on pre-order. Played just super fine for 5 mins then I lost all sound. Rebooted my IPad Pro 2X. Can anyone help me get my sound back? Also, where does one find the newly written manual? Thanks & Cheers, Elektrik Diva

Check and see if you turned off background audio in the settings. For some reason it completely turns the audio off for the synth when.

YZ, thank you so much. I did turn off the background audio button. You rock! I just read the whole manual and that answer was’nt in there! You are my hero of the day, that was driving me nuts. The sound is back on again in the House! Yayyyy! Elektrik Diva

• edited June 2018

Trying out some Serum and various other wavetables and I’m noticing a significant clicking/glitching when modulating the OSC index via envelopes or LFOs. Anybody else? It’s happening on every wavetables I’ve imported so far.

Edit: it’s happening with the built in wavetables as well. It’s the same pops and crackles heard when the device is running out of resources. Though I’m fresh from a restart with no other apps running.

• Can we import our own samples into this beast? The manual did’nt really help on this. Cheers!

• edited June 2018

@CrazySynthMan said:

@powerobject said:
    In GeoShred, we can also custom Sort presets.

What do you mean by custom sort?

I can custom sort in synth master one, by instrument type and style and author. If I click on bass, then it only shows me bass presets.

Custom sort is to drag and rearrange presets in any order within a bank. What you are suggesting is filtering presets based on selected tags (you can highlight multiple filters) like it is done in GarageBand desktop. Sorting is reordering. Custom sorting is no big deal and not necessary if we can create multiple user banks.

Apparently, GeoShred removed the ability to sort presets within setlists which was there before. For instance, I was able to move Rudess Lead to the top in the setlist. Not anymore.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@powerobject said:
    500 presets and no Favorites! Also, scroll the Preset list and stop - it keeps scrolling...
    Favorites is a must in any DAW and they are so easy to implement with a BIG bang.
    In GeoShred and Sunrizer, we can create multiple user banks.
    In GeoShred, we can also custom Sort presets.

Try scrolling using the scroll bar on the side.

Check out Sunrizer or Kauldron where we can tap on a star next to the preset to add it to Favorites or user bank for quick access. This is what I meant by favorites/user banks. If we like some presets, it is hard to remember them among 500 presets without being able to bookmark them into favorites/user bank.

• edited June 2018

• @powerobject said:
    500 presets and no Favorites! Also, scroll the Preset list and stop - it keeps scrolling...
    Favorites is a must in any DAW and they are so easy to implement with a BIG bang.

Who said there's no favourites in SM1 ? :smiley:

Please see pages 7-8 of user manual for how to add presets to favourites and then load them from favourites.

Thankss

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@powerobject said:

Who said there's no favourites in SM1 ? :smiley:

Please see pages 7-8 of user manual for how to add presets to favourites and then load them from favourites.

Thankss

Did not know there is a dropdown menu on the Save button. The help file does not load (shows blank) from within SM1 Help unless it is downloaded (saved to Google Drive, etc) and then viewed.

• @powerobject said:
    Did not know there is a dropdown menu on the Save button. The help file does not load (shows blank) from within SM1 Help unless it is downloaded (saved to Google Drive, etc) and then viewed.

I am shooting all sorts of tutorial videos today so we wont need a written manual :wink:

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@powerobject said:

I am shooting all sorts of tutorial videos today so we wont need a written manual :wink:

Sounds great. However, unless your app is feature-complete or you host videos on Vimeo, strongly suggest to maintain a user manual as well because it can be easily updated with newer features but videos cannot be updated to reflect newer features as they are binary and YT does not allow to replace existing videos with updated ones like Vimeo does.

• @powerobject said:

I guess you should update your iOS to 11.2 or 11.3 for the file to show up.

• @powerobject said:
    Sounds great. However, unless your app is feature-complete or you host videos on Vimeo, strongly suggest to maintain a user manual as well because it can be easily updated with newer features but videos cannot be updated to reflect newer features as they are binary and YT does not allow to replace existing videos with updated ones like Vimeo does.

I actually gave a link to a playlist, not a video (inside the app). That way, I can add/remove videos easily :)

• I did a demo

• Anyone else getting invalid serial number problems once you hit the register button with their serial number for the desktop version?

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    I did a demo

Nice demo, some great sounds in there.

• Sounds like I should wait an update or two before diving in and programming. I tend to get frustrated when things don’t work smoothly initially and never go back to them. I don’t really want that to happen with this one. It’s got promise, sounds good and an agreeing GUI.

• edited June 2018

Wonderful, this a dream come true.

Seems to be using a very reasonable CPU-amount on my iPad Air.

Can´t seem to find any tempo settings locally though without using the ”align arp beat to DAW”- function?

• Damn gave in to the pressure

@oat_phipps said:
    Sounds like I should wait an update or two before diving in and programming. I tend to get frustrated when things don’t work smoothly initially and never go back to them. I don’t really want that to happen with this one. It’s got promise, sounds good and an agreeing GUI.

I’ve only just started and yeah, it needs smoothing out here and there, but I have to say I’ve had far worse day one apps lol. I do get your point though :)

• edited June 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone else getting invalid serial number problems once you hit the register button with their serial number for the desktop version?

looks like you didn't put the hyphens between the blocks (worked for me)

great synth, good to have it available on the iPads too now

• edited June 2018

Anyone know if those who had it on pre-order, if they got it with a discount. Or if the pre-ordering system just for alerting people?

• @zeroeseight said:
    Anyone know if those who had it on pre-order, if they got it with a discount. Or if the pre-ordering system just for alerting people?

Anybody who buys it now gets it at a discount. Preorder was same price as buying it now, which is $15, but it's going to go up to $25 I think after the intro period.

• @DMfan said:

Can´t seem to find any tempo settings locally though without using the ”align arp beat to DAW”- function?

We'll add local tempo setting in a subsequent update!

Since I assumed most users will integrate with other DAWs using interapp audio or auv3, I didn't put a tempo control inside the app.

• Guys, I started publishing tutorial videos today at:

I am hoping to record at least 60 minutes of video content today.

Guys, I started publishing tutorial videos today at:

I am hoping to record at least 60 minutes of video content today.

oh my god, I am loving this synth!

I'm so thankful for the scala support too. Question about that though.. how to import scales? and is it possible to use alternate tunings in Auv3?

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@DMfan said:

We'll add local tempo setting in a subsequent update!

Since I assumed most users will integrate with other DAWs using interapp audio or auv3, I didn't put a tempo control inside the app.

No rush, there is plenty to play with for a while. Personally I tend to do a lot of my playing around with raw and pure sound synthesis with only apps wearing headphones and the iPad on my lap when the rest of the family is asleep hence the question. At a later stage I involve DAWs...

Great job with the app!

😊

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @palm said:
    I'm so thankful for the scala support too. Question about that though.. how to import scales? and is it possible to use alternate tunings in Auv3?

Here's what I can do: drag-n-drop scala tuning files from files app, so that they're imported to the app group folder (shared by app and auv3 extension)

@palm said:

Here's what I can do: drag-n-drop scala tuning files from files app, so that they're imported to the app group folder (shared by app and auv3 extension)

ah, cool! but where is the scale selector in the auv3? I can't seem to find it

• @palm said:
    ah, cool! but where is the scale selector in the auv3? I can't seem to find it

oh I see, you're not using GarageBand. I wish other DAW apps supported full screen AUs too. Right now those settings are not part of the small AU UI yet. will try to fit them somewhere on the UI.

• no, no garageband. I'm using AUM. Thank you for creating such a brilliant instrument. And thanks too for the quick feedback! yes, it would be wonderful to access those features for non GB users :)

Gotta say.. I'm a big fan of scrollable Auv3's - love the way you've done it. It makes it easy to focus on one section.

Personally full screen is not vital to me as long as all the features are there. I rather like the way Iceworks plugins are scaleable. Make the window bigger and the UI zooms to fit. Great for those with poor eyes, and of course easier to fiddle with the bigger controls B)

This discussion has been closed.