Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix by apeSoft

I have been testing this amazing software from Alessandro Petrolati. It will be available any day now and it being apeSoft, it going to be one of those insta buys. Being able to control your AU’s with multiple apeSoft LFO’s, it’s genius.

I have made a short little video of just some of the features. It’s not great, most things are just defaults but you will get the idea.

https://youtu.be/eOg9WEeo220

Comments

• I love apesoft apps, & totally agree that this'll be an no brainer instabuy for me too! Just watched your vid - v.cool stuff, thanks for making and sharing :)
    Wishing you all the best :)

• edited June 2018

Yes I have been testing it heavily too :) It's amazing and Alessandro has been very accommodating of including feature requests and so comes very full featured.

It works standalone or in combo with AB3 and AUM.

• Oh shit, look out.
    Very cool looking, indeed. B)

• Ok - I'll be the first one to ask if there's a release date set yet.

I'm an apeSoft/Amazing Noises junkie, so this'll be an insta-purchase for me.

• So...you guys all know how this works? Or what it does? Is this different that Rozeta LFO? (Which I also don't entirely understand....)

• Yeah, I need a full rundown of it's purpose and what it can do.

• edited June 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    So...you guys all know how this works? Or what it does? Is this different that Rozeta LFO? (Which I also don't entirely understand....)

You don't need to add any outside LFO AUs as you can modulate using the built in ones (although you can add any AUs you want of course).

It has up to 3 Matrixes.
    You have a mixer and a midi patchbay for each Matrix
    2 mixbuses which you can send out of the app as AB or AUM ports.

You can even mix with the matrix pins by adjusting send amounts to each destination.
    Most people will be happy just using the one matrix for ages, but there's three for when you might want to go deeper :)

It's basically a host like AUM or Audiobus but with modulation LFOs built in.
    It also has great stuff like a midi monitor and a keyboard with scales and an incoming scales filter etc

• Just by watching the above video, it appears that apeSoft has figured out a way to apply their "LFO-for-every-knob" idea to not only their AUv3s, but everyone else's as well.

If that was the only thing this could do, I'd be in. I guarantee you there's more there....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So...you guys all know how this works? Or what it does? Is this different that Rozeta LFO? (Which I also don't entirely understand....)

I have no clue other than it does midi automation, but it looks really deep/powerful or at least fun and capable of something cool.

As for Rozeta LFO, you should just ask if something is unclear. Really no reason for you to feel in the dark about that one, or any apps really. I am happy to try and help you out. B)

• edited June 2018

@Daveypoo said:
    Just by watching the above video, it appears that apeSoft has figured out a way to apply their "LFO-for-every-knob" idea to not only their AUv3s, but everyone else's as well.

If that was the only thing this could do, I'd be in. I guarantee you there's more there....

There is way more there than I can put into a short video. I have been testing for a week or so and keep finding new ways to twist this thing.

It has 2 audio bus's, send one to a DAW send the other to AudioBus or AUM. You could also just record right there inside apeMatrix. It seems very CPU light so it leaves room for you to add plenty of stuff.

Oh, did I mention the Snapshot pad? Take your last 4 saved presets and morph between them. Add in some builtin Dynamics and this gets wicked real quick.

Edit: I might also mention that you can use the 2 audio bus's to link the 3 Matrix together.

• He’s thinking of putting my AUv3 randomiser idea in as well. Fingers crossed.

• Looking good.

• If you connect all the outputs to the inputs does it reach 88kmph and go back in time?

• @u0421793 said:
    If you connect all the outputs to the inputs does it reach 88kmph and go back in time?

@u0421793 said:
    If you connect all the outputs to the inputs does it reach 88kmph and go back in time?

Yes, but only briefly.

• Rozeta's LFOs lack an inverter. I would like to send the same LFO to two places, only with one signal inverted with respect to the second signal. Will this be possible in the Apesoft? Also a S&H would be nice to have.

• Yes IAA is there too :)

• Had me at ape

• this is why iOS rocks

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Rozeta's LFOs lack an inverter. I would like to send the same LFO to two places, only with one signal inverted with respect to the second signal. Will this be possible in the Apesoft? Also a S&H would be nice to have.

At least in AUM there's a 'curve' that can be used to invert the value coming out from Rozeta LFO and the same source can be assigned to multiple parameters each with their own 'curve'.

• @u0421793 said:

A secret beta test picture just leaked out:

• @u0421793 said:

It already did.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

Yes, but only briefly.

If you ad an lfo, yo go back and forth in time between now and then

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JudgeDredd said:

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

Yes, but only briefly.

If you ad an lfo, yo go back and forth in time between now and then

If you add a square wave and connect a subatomic particle accelerator to the speed dial, you can coexist in both time frames.

• There are no glitches in this matrix. :smiley:

• edited June 2018

This is a very interesting app... once you get your head around it, it's basic syntax and logic aren't as complicated as you might think at first.

Using AUs in this Matrix host, that allows you to send aux from one matrix to another, with LFO automations on each of the effects, each dialed in with the specific percentage you want, while driven by Rozeta sequencers within apeMatrix, then ultimately feeding each A and B Aux into it's own channel in AUM/AB3, as well as the master instrument channel into it's own AUM/AB3 channel... whew... this could get really quite amazing.

One might even call the sound it's capable of "amazing noises" :)