Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopfield : a loop generator based on field recording

Hey Everyone

I’m developing an iOS application that generate loops on the fly based on field-recording and granular effects. The idea is to walk in the street and wait to get a nice audio loop fitting your needs. When you have it you can export it to your audio sequencer. To give you a better idea here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe5WEN9AODw

Anyone to give me feedback about it ? There is a free beta version. If you want to try, juste send me your email/appleID in pm.

Thanks
(fb: https://www.facebook.com/LoopField/)

Comments

• That looks like fun, pleased to see the Audioshare icon in the export section!

• Looks intriguing! Count me in.

• Interested. Did send PM.
    Thx.

• I am interested but I do not use facebook unfortunately.

• Looks and sounds very nice.

• I don't have time to beta-test but I'm definitely interested in the finished product. :)

• Looks good. FB message sent

• FACEBOOK?
    No way >:)

• I send the dev a private message here and already have my Testflight invite :smile:
    Don’t know what this Facebook talk is all about.

• Rest assured, Facebook is not involved here ;) I just mentioned it in case you want to follow the last updates on my page.

• I will never use Facebook. Sorry.

• Wow this App Looks cool.
    But what is FB? Who uses this in 2018...after all we know.
    Christoph

• This forum is so spiky sometimes. We all want developers to make a living and then we slam them for having a page on one of the biggest platforms currently available to them.

• @gusgranite said:
    This forum is so spiky sometimes. We all want developers to make a living and then we slam them for having a page on one of the biggest platforms currently available to them.

Right there with you. Don't like FB? Then send the dev a PM via the forum here and maybe the dev gets back to you. If not, we understand your choice not to meet the dev in his stated communication channel and thereby take yourself out of the pool of testers.

• @gusgranite said:
    This forum is so spiky sometimes. We all want developers to make a living and then we slam them for having a page on one of the biggest platforms currently available to them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/opinion/facebook-china-privacy-data-security.html

• So anybody trying the app? I am enjoying it this morning on break at work. Don’t exactly know what I’m doing but making some cool vocal loops!

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@gusgranite said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/opinion/facebook-china-privacy-data-security.html

Yep. I get it. I work in tech. I write privacy impact assessments. I support the EFF. Etc. I think this discussion belongs in an OT debate, not a developer’s app launch thread.

@Quent_Reflow best of luck with it!

• So, this is a nifty and creative app. Nice work, @Quent_Reflow! Question for you: is there any way to change the tempo of the loop? I can see the speed for the sample player but is there a BPM setting for the loop generator?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So, this is a nifty and creative app. Nice work, @Quent_Reflow! Question for you: is there any way to change the tempo of the loop? I can see the speed for the sample player but is there a BPM setting for the loop generator?

Yep that's the plan. Next features in the pipeline :

• view presenting all the recorded loops
    • tempo change
    • tweaking the UI to make the concept of the app more self-explanatory
    • IAA or AudioBus or AUv3 or the three of them ;)

@Gaia.Tree said:
    So anybody trying the app? I am enjoying it this morning on break at work. Don’t exactly know what I’m doing but making some cool vocal loops!

:)

• Liking this so far. It’s fun grabbing whatever ambient sounds are present and making them groove with the drum loop. Very Techno. It’s neat how snippets of background TV my daughter laughing and my dogs collars making noise can sound funky looped.

• @Approach said:
    Liking this so far. It’s fun grabbing whatever ambient sounds are present and making them groove with the drum loop. Very Techno. It’s neat how snippets of background TV my daughter laughing and my dogs collars making noise can sound funky looped.

Agree. Lots of fun. @Quent_Reflow your to-do list looks good. I'd suggest you look into Ableton Link when you work on tempo changes as this app would be awesome with Link. Also, an option for no effects?

• brilliant, will purchase. i can see myself grabbing audio throughout the day and quickly checking what works..

• me too. anything field recording is up my alley

• @gusgranite said:

Yes but Facebook, like racism, thrives in the shadows and must be called out every time it raises its ugly head!
    Really hope it dies soon.

This app looks cool though, video reminds of some city recordings I did with a portable MP3 player around 2001.

• Yes but Facebook, like racism, thrives in the shadows and must be called out every time it raises its ugly head!

THIS

• So I won’t mention the F… social network anymore … :|

I released an updated version. This contains

• playhead indicators on the waveform to have a better idea of what’s going on
    • bug fix : sound export is fixed, no more file containing silence
    • bug fix : bad layout on iPad
    • bug fix : waveform stuttering on iPad
    • bug fix : lost of current loop after export

Is the UI more clear now with those playheads ? I think that many people were confused about how the app play/records sounds.

Next steps will be a file manager and bpm change. B)

• @1nsomniak said:

@gusgranite said:

Yes but Facebook, like racism, thrives in the shadows and must be called out every time it raises its ugly head!

This app looks cool though, video reminds of some city recordings I did with a portable MP3 player around 2001.

You should probably take a break from the internet for a while.

• Likewise, and no FB either. Please keep us informed.

@lasselu said:
    I don't have time to beta-test but I'm definitely interested in the finished product. :)

• Really fun little app, I was able to get some really interesting results very quickly. I still need to explore this one some more in other environments, but so far this is something I'll use all the time I think. A few comments/suggestions:

• It could be useful to see the values of certain parameters like Pitch.
    • I'd like it if I could switch the processing types without losing my settings. IE switch from Auto-Reverb to Split Pitch without losing my settings in Auto-reverb. Maybe add a reset button to reset all parameters instead (above Export Loop?).
    • Loops up to 4 bars would be excellent!
    • I don't quite understand the use of the Sample Player myself, the environmental recording and looping seems to be enough,.
    • Minor crit, I would love to see the option for colors other than salmon red globally. It's dumb I know, but I hate reds and yellows in my music making tools. Besides, fields are green right? :)

More to come as I play with this.

• Can anybody compare this to LoopTunes DJ, LP-5, Quantiloop, Werkbench or Loopy?