Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wireless MIDI Controllers? Latency? Use any? Which?

Thinking about the Korg thing that works nice with Gadget or maybe Roli.

Anyone else using any?

I have the Livid MINIM wireless. That is really cool.

Thinking more keyboard type now. Also looking to avoid wires obviously.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sensel Morph.

• The Korg thing is pretty good feature wise but kind of plasticy certainly not for virtuoso keyboardists

I just picked up one of those Yamaha BT dongles cheap on eBay and early experiments are encouraging. It even worked with the Alesis iodock one so now ipad2 can be wireless midi.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Sensel Morph.

ORLY?

Never heard of it.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The Korg thing is pretty good feature wise but kind of plasticy certainly not for virtuoso keyboardists

I just picked up one of those Yamaha BT dongles cheap on eBay and early experiments are encouraging. It even worked with the Alesis iodock one so now ipad2 can be wireless midi.

So I am adding a 3rd iPad and looking for less wires but this may actually work....

• CME XKey Air

• @SpookyZoo said:
    CME XKey Air

You use it?

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    CME XKey Air

You use it?

I own it, and use it for quick scenarios.

Personally, I prefer my X-station controller with all the knobs and buttons I need and stick a Yamaha MDBT-01 in it for wireless BT control. But it’s bulkier and not as light or mobile as the CME, if actual mobile usage is a factor for you?

• edited June 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    CME XKey Air

You use it?

I own it, and use it for quick scenarios.

Personally, I prefer my X-station controller with all the knobs and buttons I need and stick a Yamaha MDBT-01 in it for wireless BT control. But it’s bulkier and not as light and mobile as the CME, if actual mobile usage is a factor for you?

I really love the Yamaha MDBT-01s.

I use 2 for this completely wireless X-Station -> Circuit combo. Both devices having battery operated option.

However you only need to use 1 MDBT-01 for just an iPad connection.

• I have CME Xkey Air 37 and just got a Roli Seaboard Block. There is no worry about latency for any reasonable use, just set buffer size to at least 256. I could play Deep Purple highway star fine on the Xkey and you will notice any major latency playing arpeggios that fast. I think I want one of the MDBT-01 adapters, but my best use right now only gives 3.3v over MIDI and won’t work. I used to have an Alesis Vortex wireless and it’s not bluetooth (but operates on the same 2.4 GHz frequency) you plug in the Alesis USB dongle into the iPad USB dongle and have a wirlesss keyboard. The wireless Vortex version 1 feels really awful I left it with my brother for him to hang on his studio wall. They just made a new version, which supposedly feels better.

• edited June 2018

I own the KORG NanoKey Studio and a Roli Block.
    I love them both!

The KORG is always with me when I’m outside with the iPad. It works great with Gadget. I use it mainly to tweak the knobs in the synths. The xy-pad is also very useful. The keyboard is good for sequencing. Latency is no problem.

@BiancaNeve said:
    The Korg thing is pretty good feature wise but kind of plasticy certainly not for virtuoso keyboardists

That’s true!

The Roli Block is quite different. It’s a joy to play with it. It’s a little bit heavier than the KORG but still mobile. I love to play the Block with Roli Noise or Volt. I have to checkout the Moog‘s too. I think it will be nice to play Model D or 15 with the Block.

I also own also a KORG Mikrokey Air 61. I like the feel and the range of the keys. All these Keyboards working fine over Bluetooth.

I was checking also the CME Xkey Air. This is not my cup of tea...

• Welcome to check our new development of WIDI Master, it is your virtual MIDI cable. The new wireless standard. Bluetooth MIDI as approved by the MIDI association. Now you can connect all your MIDI devices - without computers - without cables - with MIDI over Bluetooth!
    https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/