Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC - so its hallelujah day today

12346»

Comments

• Pretty sure it's optional.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    2nd biggest takeaway. Seeing the animoji version of Tim Cook highlights how fundamentally ageist all animojis are. Gray-haired cherub. Creep Factor: 11.

Oh man ... smh

• @universe said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    2nd biggest takeaway. Seeing the animoji version of Tim Cook highlights how fundamentally ageist all animojis are. Gray-haired cherub. Creep Factor: 11.

Oh man ... smh

Point being: That’s how dull this keynote was. #jokesplaining

• edited June 2018

Virtually the only noteworthy news was that iOS 12 may run on my geriatric iPad Air 1. And it was encouraging to see a few minutes devoted to optimizing performance on earlier devices. But then the juxtaposition of a claimed “95% customer satisfaction” with iOS 11, when in fact it was/is the buggiest version of iOS ever, that essentially broke the usefulness of Siri, limited as it was. One can only hope that this signals some hope for a fix for the many bugs that were introduced and unaddressed in iOS 11.

Oh and the AR measure thing holds some promise.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@universe said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Oh man ... smh

Point being: That’s how dull this keynote was. #jokesplaining

Oh i understood. Describing it as a ‘joke’ is a stretch is all...

• edited June 2018

But especially for music creation you should hurry on old devices or did i understand it wrong that they showed that it will perform really well but then throttle down fast as well....not the best thing if you are in a multi-app session.
    The AR measure thing could be indeed very great for me and my job...if it really works very accurate.

• @brambos said:

@david_2017 said:
    So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019?

No, that's not exactly what they said. They said they are making it easier to port iOS apps directly to MacOS. They're still two separate apps, which need to be made and published by the developer on both platforms.

Will that make it easier to create VST versions of iOS apps?

If so there’s a customer here, ready and waiting to buy the Mac version of Rozeta...

• @MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@david_2017 said:
    So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019?

No, that's not exactly what they said. They said they are making it easier to port iOS apps directly to MacOS. They're still two separate apps, which need to be made and published by the developer on both platforms.

Will that make it easier to create VST versions of iOS apps?

If so there’s a customer here, ready and waiting to buy the Mac version of Rozeta...

As I understand it, the biggest difference will be in offering the same UI on both platforms. Internally most things were already quite similar. For devs using Juce (e.g. Audio Damage) it was already fairly straightforward to create consistent experiences across platforms, but if you use Apple’s own low-level API it will make things a lot easier.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

Um can Apple stop faffing about and fix Music already? Like why can’t I sort my playlists by name? Why don’t they have a suggest similar artists or have more radio stations like Spotify. Why does ITunes seem only to work on monitors over 3000 pixels, everything is weirdly oversized with the album art and it’s just a disaster to load up... every new feature added to Siri, facial recognition, AR and Animojis without making ITunes and music the best in class like it ought to be is only another twist of the dagger in the chest for me.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.