Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC - so its hallelujah day today

Comments

• Finally, just what I’ve been waiting for: Well done, Apple, you’re really pushing the envelope with memoji :|

• Memoji, Myselfmoji and imoji because it’s all about me

• @Beathoven said:
    Finally, just what I’ve been waiting for: Well done, Apple, you’re really pushing the envelope with memoji :|

Now if it was MIDImoji, that'd be a different story!! B)

• edited June 2018

That FaceTime memoji shit must be the most pointless feature ever demoed by Apple. I thought the whole point of FaceTime was that you can see the face of the loved one that you’re speaking to? With FaceTime memoji, you may as well do a voice call to your beloved whilst staring at a picture of Bugs Bunny.

• Meeehhhhhhmoji.
    What up there? That is indeed the most uninteresting Apple event i ever saw yet. Isn´t it amazing...eh´!
    It´s all about freaky social media and casual gaming stuff.
    So macOS seems to get some minutes at the end and that´s it then?
    So hardware at September then with the all new thinner device which will boost up and throttle after 1 minute to avoid battery drain.
    Ah sorry, but after boring software updates for creatives (especially music) and big hardware faults the magic is so much gone that i just can´t believe i still use all their devices :p

• “Animoji is getting a new “tongue detection” ability”

Thank god for that.

• Big fizzle. Off to buy more physical gear and just use my mini 4 and se till they don’t function anymore. No more updating every few years haha

• TONGUE DETECTED!!!!

• edited June 2018

This keynote is the best yet

• Honestly, while the perf improvements seem like they could be an overall win (because that way Gadget can drain my phone battery twice as fast! heh), I have to admit I'm most looking forward to the generous and amazing developers that post here to have time to dig into iOS12 to see if Apple made any noticeable changes and improvements to what we care about most: all things around making music with iOS.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Honestly, while the perf improvements seem like they could be an overall win (because that way Gadget can drain my phone battery twice as fast! heh), I have to admit I'm most looking forward to the generous and amazing developers that post here to have time to dig into iOS12 to see if Apple made any noticeable changes and improvements to what we care about most: all things around making music with iOS.

Yeah. To be fair, the music making stuff’s never mentioned in the keynote, so I’m looking forward to (hopefully) hearing more over the coming days and weeks about the incremental improvements to AU and files, etc.

• @Dawdles said:
    Drag and drop to/from Files app via USB - no more need for iTunes transfers EVER.
    Smoother/more complete Files app in general.
    No dumb AU limits and better AU info for devs.
    Memory card slots for ipad/iphone.

Basically all the key things that Surface has over ipad for music..

But it's Apple..... so no chance.

Dammit. I thought this was a summary until the the last line!

• Hehe .intua in the Mac AppStore slide :)

• @CracklePot said:
    Do you know the app RouteMidi ?

>

Interesting, Mr Pot. So, does this work for recording GB’s smart instruments into, let’s say, AUM?

• From https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/04/live-from-wwdc-2018/

10:43 am iCloud support added to Voice Memo.
    10:43 am Voice Memo app reworked, and coming to the iPad for the first time.

Could be useful for musos. I guess.

New feature: Dynamic Desktop. Your desktop subtly changes throughout the day, from morning, to afternoon, to evening. It's really cool.

Classic "new" Apple stuff. I remember doing this via some app on Windows 98. ;)

• edited June 2018

What i found remarkable:

• starting/closing of apps up to 40 percent faster
    • ARKit 2 (i told you so...)
    • AI/personalisation in spotlight - more spotlight suggestions
    • AI in photos app: "For you" suggests photos for you
    • Siri improvements, and yes, more AI for Siri (suggesting apps etc.)
    • new app "shortcuts"
    • improvement for news app - can be concentrated to trustworthy origins
    • improved stocks app integrates news app
    • digital wellness/screen time/app limits/child control
    • more animojis, new memojis
    • groupchats for facetime (incl. animojis and memojis)
    • name for new Mac OS: "Mojave"
    • galeries in finder with file previews
    • voice memo syncs via iCloud with end-2-end-encryption
    • better privacy controls (still possible in iOS and Mac OS: if you have installed facebook app and whatsapp, then facebook can read and transmit your whatsapp communication before it gets encrypted via app2app communication - with other words: you still have no privacy at all if you use the facebook app)
    • better tracking protection within Safari (for IOS and Mac OS)
    • new Mac OS app store with patronizing AI suggestions instead of better search functions or better categorisation (small developers will hate it) - new rating/review API (this is good if you ask me)
    • better metal / metal API
    • AI: "create ML" for better/faster training of machine learning data bases
    • 2019 or 2020 portability of iOS apps for Mac will improve

Final thought: The WWDC2018 should be named: "The desert"...

• Ability to port iOS apps to macOS in 2019

• @eddielovesyou said:
    Ability to port iOS apps to macOS in 2019

Making it easier to port the other way would probably benefit me more, but I guess it’s not about me.

• Setting the stage for MacBooks with touchscreens, I'm guessing.

• @eddielovesyou said:
    Ability to port iOS apps to macOS in 2019

That was the only interesting thing here for me so far. Not sure if iOS developers are even interested but i hope to see some of the gems there some day then.
    I wonder if that would work the other way as well so that ports from mac to iOS will be quite easy as well.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

• Boooring! Can't even find any interesting sessions in the full schedule...
    https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedule/

Oh, I know, let's make more stupid Animojis!!!

• Tongue modulation all the way :p

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Todays n:o one release in WWDC18 will be Affinity Designer from Serif Ltd...

Now I’m didsapointed this didn’t happen.

• @Samu said:
    Boooring! Can't even find any interesting sessions in the full schedule...

Ooooohhh, is there an Animoji session for pro users?

• @Samu said:

No music sessions anywhere, only labs :s .

• Oh well, I'll check the 'State of The Union' keynote in the morning when I wake up.
    It's usually a bit more in-depth and interesting to watch then the main keynote...

• edited June 2018

• Oh well, I'll check the 'State of The Union' keynote in the morning when I wake up.
    It's usually a bit more in-depth and interesting to watch then the main keynote...> @rrc2soft said:

@Samu said:

No music sessions anywhere, only labs :s .

And no sessions regarding document management meaning Files.app will remain as crappy as ever :(