Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Axon 2

Curious to hear things made on axon 2 , it looks pretty cool but there's not much on YouTube / Instagram.
If you've finished any tracks or videos using it please link me.
I make down tempo ambient stuffs and like to make the drums slowly evolve and change a little as the track plays, I'm debating between axon, ruis maker or fm, or just sticking with patterning and tun for now.
I like to use foley and off sounding stuff but still like those traditional ish electronic sounds.

Comments

• I should add that I prefer mostly chill sounds, even with punch but not over the top 🙂 Martin nonstatic type drums is what I want lol

• Trying to figure out if axon is gonna be a good fit for my sound

• Axon 2 is amazing. It is however not very “intuitive” and a randomizer would be the perfect companion for this gem!

• I would love to see Chris implementing a random feature.
    It’s really not intuitive. Some of the presets are cool though

• edited June 2018

Another vote for random.
    & also midi out for the AU would make it like the desktop version.

• edited June 2018

Random is just a feature to cloak you'ver run out of ideas... o:)
    Why not face the facts ? ;)

• @Telefunky said:

Not wrong, not wrong 😄

But... it is also :

• A way to discover new possibilities and go out of predefined concept you can be stuck into
    • An empirical way to find something really new
    • And most probably a very good way to train one’s laziness
  • +3 for random. And +1 for state saving - I get fed up with the horrible init patch every time I load.

• Use it with replicant 2 and you have some kind of a randomizer

• @MonzoPro said:
    +3 for random. And +1 for state saving - I get fed up with the horrible init patch every time I load.

This!
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

• @david_2017 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    +3 for random. And +1 for state saving - I get fed up with the horrible init patch every time I load.

This!
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

Yes'm.

• edited June 2018

Just when I think I have something going with it the link function craps out on me and I seemingly can’t add new or remove any of the current links. And yes, I know it’s programmed to prevent connections that cause feedback loops; that still doesn’t explain why I can’t remove a link. I think it’s just a case of being fiddly.

Either way, this has happened several times now. Each time I’m refreshed and wonder why I haven’t used it more, and then I remember.

• edited June 2018

@Telefunky said:

Thank you. I know I’m in the teensy minority who doesn’t get these randomizer requests for every app, so I usually just keep my mouth shut. I would’ve never thought to ease the blow with emojis, nice tact.

• No need for shoes. Feet toughen up or become bloody stumps. All good. Nature intended etc.

• edited June 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@Telefunky said:

Thank you. I know I’m in the teensy minority who doesn’t get these randomizer requests for every app, so I usually just keep my mouth shut. I would’ve never thought to ease the blow with emojis, nice tact.

It totally changes my usage of an app. I rarely opened Poison until the developer added the random patch feature. It’s my go to now, especially for unusual whooshes, whirrs, and rhythmic buzzbombs. The kinds of sounds that aren’t in any preset. It just gives you a new place to start tweaking from that you may not have got to starting from an INIT patch.

I do need to shut up about random though... lol. I’m becoming a stuck record. I’m trying to shut up about AU as well. :joy:

• @gusgranite said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Telefunky said:

It totally changes my usage of an app. I rarely opened Poison until the developer added the random patch feature. It’s my go to now, especially for unusual whooshes, whirrs, and rhythmic buzzbombs. The kinds of sounds that aren’t in any preset. It just gives you a new place to start tweaking from that you may not have got to starting from an INIT patch.

I do need to shut up about random though... lol. I’m becoming a stuck record. I’m trying to shut up about AU as well. :joy:

Oh I am with you on both counts. AU and random at the top of a feature list pretty much ensure I read the rest of the list. Coming soon to Volt, can’t wait!

• edited June 2018

It’s pretty easy to use Axon 2, just read the short manual on the Audio Damage website. I figured the fact that it looks kind of exotic like Metatron’s cube was part of the appeal. If it was straightforward that would be a bit boring. It is useful for adding some extra percussion instead of just hats on 16’s or whatever. I would really like to see a swing feature though.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2018

I just revisited Axon 2 (under AUM), after some while managed to get a decent complex rythm with cool sounds - and when i then tried to save it, Axon 2 crashed during the ‚new preset name‘ dialog... After reloading the AU, all i get is the frustrating ‚Ding Ding Ding‘ :/

Happend again the next try. But now i at found a work-around: Don‘t try to change the name, just go with whatever is displayed and press save.

Another fail-safe is to press ‚clipboard copy‘ before trying to add/save a new preset - if Axon crashes, one can easily restore the setting by using ‚clipboard paste‘ or even store the xml clipboard content in a note or file.

• I like the sound of Axon 2 but I just can't get my head around the "sequencer". Driving it from Rozeta Rhythm is fun though.

• edited June 2018

Here's one I made with two instances of Axon 2. Note that Axon2 doesn't really do "evolving" rhythms on its own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1-yhk4ywUg

• OMG I love Axon 2!!! I use it in almost ALL of my AUM jams as a percussion and drum top device. Here is a video I published showing how I set it up

and here are some walkthroughs that also use Axon 2 in the same way!!

• Very dope @djpuzzle and @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr !! Thanks for sharing, I might have to pull the trig on it

• @djpuzzle didn't make sense of your tuts first time around, good to see them here...

• Think I’m too thick / old for Axon.

• edited January 2019

@SheffieldBleep said:
    Think I’m too thick / old for Axon.

I've never got on with it, despite being a fan of their other stuff. Very fiddly, buggy, and annoyingly starts up with the same ruddy patch every time. Hopefully the updates has ironed things out a bit - pleased they haven't abandoned it anyway.

• @SheffieldBleep said:

Plenty of time yet (presuming you are not 97 etc).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Plenty of time yet (presuming you are not 97 etc).

Ha! iPad apps have made me lazy. I’m like an app junkie looking for a quick fix these days. This is one that obviously needs a lot more investment

• It's really not difficult to grasp, but it IS a chore to not be able to save your individual sounds for use in any patch you want, and the sounds you can get with it are quite limited to really clean synth tones, noise bursts, or industrial-sounding (not the genre, as I'm sure there's one of those, but the manufacturing industry) clanks and pops. And the neuron connectors are very fiddly and sometimes won't register, even when I know I'm not breaking the logic that triggers a prevention from feedback loop.

• I dig randomizers for the simple fact that I get lazy and they sometimes break that laziness. Occasionally inspiring.