Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Reddit's /r/MusicBattlestations

Lots of inspiration in Reddit's /r/MusicBattlestations. Set to display top posts of all time. Use to the "Card Layout" to scroll through quickly.

(This menu button):

Comments

• That page just makes me want to buy a bunch of stuff. I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that and go make some music on my volcas now lol

• edited May 2018

FFS, why would you post this???

The very first one is just absurd. More pics I want to build synth shelves like those. It's funny to see the Timberwolf off to the side of those monsters. :smile: He said in the comments it's just a hobby. I love my family to beans but I wouldn't mind experiencing being crazy rich and single for a minute.

And respect for the DIY Win. "Build the desk out of the left over plywood from the shelves". Badass.

• What the hell, John? As if I already didn't feel inadequate enough.....

• TL;DR Redditors have money.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    OT: Reddit's

No need for the "OT", just put it in the Off-Topic category.:+1:

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    TL;DR Redditors have money.

lol.

thanks for the warning, staying away from that site!!

anyone want to see my iPad sitting on my knee so you can feel better about your setup? :lol:

• edited May 2018

@johnfromberkeley said:
    TL;DR Redditors have money.

More to the point - they have DISPOSABLE money. I have money, unfortunately the vast majority of it is spoken for before it even hits my bank account.

• edited June 2018

A lot of the studios just looked like people that spent a tad much time reading gearslutz, and twidging their setup and getting lost in studio perfectionism, but I liked this battle station a lot, looks like a fun office to work in. I think having some open table space is an important part of an electronica studio, because you're always moving stuff around and trying new things out. If the places for stuff gets too specialized, like custom furniture that only fits one piece of gear, it can become intractable. Whenever I get into a studio arranging project, which inevitably becomes a furniture project, it takes a lot of effort to try to imagine the day when you want to try a different setup, and what you can do to make the piece of furniture not go obsolete when that happens. Generalized furniture is good, and if something is customized for a certain task, being adjustable or easily modified can save it.

• @asnor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    OT: Reddit's

No need for the "OT", just put it in the Off-Topic category.:+1:

Oh, sorry, I am so used to “general.”

• edited June 2018

on topic; apparently it's bring your own flash-hood and helmet.