Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WHAT CAN I DO WITH ALL THIS?

Hi Guys, any cool idea of how to connect or what to do with all this old equipement?
hARDWARE:

IPAD 3
LAPTOP windows I3
IPHONE 6.
akai mpk mk2 mini

Software:
FL STUDIO
MPC ESSENTIALS
ANIMOOG FOR IPAD n Iphone.
garage band.
etc..

Comments

• I would try and make some music :D

• iPhone 6 and iPad 3 are both still capable for running at least 1 synth and effect at a time, often more depending on the apps. You could use them stand alone and export audio loops or sync them along with a daw. Lots of possibilities depending on what you want to do.

• i was thinking in > @1nsomniak said:

iPhone 6 and iPad 3 are both still capable for running at least 1 synth and effect at a time, often more depending on the apps. You could use them stand alone and export audio loops or sync them along with a daw. Lots of possibilities depending on what you want to do.

Thats exactly what i was expecting to read 1nsomniak, a way to sync the ipad and iphone to the windows laptop and all of this controlled by the akai mpk mk2, but i dont know exactly how to start..

• Look into Studiomux :smile:

• You can do a lot. What do you want to do?

@asnor said:
    Look into Studiomux :smile:

Or an iconnectMIDI4 with the 30 pin cable. Could plug it all into that to get audio and midi moving around.

• I second syrupcore. What do you want to do? And also iConnect stuff could work for you, possibly. You could also just get a mixer and use everything as a separate thing. Also, maybe try SunVox as it works on Windows(free) and also iOS ($6 USD) and they are basically identical (aside from no typing keyboard support on iOS). I have the latest version running just fine on my iPad 2!

• hey dudes, Thank you all.

i would like to know if theres a way o something to use the akai for play some virtual synths like the animoog for ipad and also use my iphone as a second midi controller working on the ipad, i am really new to all this, i would like to use that stuff for live jamming. so i came looking for help and creative ideas to work with all this old but beautiful stuff. thank you all.

• For starters, you'll need to find "Camera Connection Kit" (aka "CCK"). Either an older one for 30pin devices (ipad) or a newer one for lightning. Then you should be able to plug your Akia in via USB and jam away.

For audio, you can simply hook up the headphone out to your mixer/amp/whatever. Maybe not audiophile quality but it's totally fine. Good even if you just mind the gain staging.

Other than the iconnect, I'm not sure what's good with interconnecting an older ios device and a windows machine, sorry. Wifi should work. Also checkout AudioBus Remote for sure.

If you're iPad 3 is still on iOS 10 or under, leave it! And go buy NanoStudio for pennies. Imagine newer OSes would just tax it to death anyway.

• edited May 2018

iPad 3 is capped at iOS 9.3

• @kidlight said:
    i would like to know if theres a way o something to use the akai for play some virtual synths like the animoog for ipad and also use my iphone as a second midi controller working on the ipad, i am really new to all this, i would like to use that stuff for live jamming.

You can play Animoog by an external device, but ay loose a lot of it's expression capabilities that way. It has some of the best screen controls ever invented.
    The iConnectAudio4+ may look expensive at first glance, but it's still the only interface to connect both a desktop and an iPad's physical and software channels simultanously.
    The visual representation of the connection software isn't the greatest, but it's easier to understand than routing via software/drivers.
    There is a learning curve, but after all it's plain logic (I use it to connect to a Pro Tools system constantly)
    But I strongly suggest to build up the system in steps - don't try to bring all devices in at the same time. Start with 2 of them that appear to be the most important, get it running and then include the next device. There is no general rule of thumb as the setup is very flexible and in the end it's about individual workflow.

• Seem to remember reading that mpk mini 2 needs a powered hub to work with iPads.

• Im on mac not pc so not exactly sure, but does he really need any extra hardware?
    Can't he just use USB from controller to computer and usb from iphone to computer.

On the mac IDAM is built in, not sure if its on PC, if not theres the StudioMux app.

• edited May 2018

kidlight has a fairly vintage iPad (still useful, though) and you really don't want to mess with Windoze driver stuff, let alone latency considerations and reliability.

It's all great on paper, but once you dive into the real world... I never succeeded with any of the software bridges and went the 'all under a single hood' iConnectivity way.
    Which is not perfect, but given the complexity delivers a good result. @OscarSouth uses such a setup for live concerts and reported frequently.

• iOS 9.3 means you can still run the latest versions of Korg Gadget, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3 and most other DAWs, synths and effects.
    I'm really happy that most developers try to stick with <= iOS 9 as long as possible.
    You could also attach the Akai MPK to your iPad 3 via CCK and use Genome MIDI to sequence multiple VSTi Synths/Samplers on your laptop.
    Or use Gadget on the iPad as an additional sequencer/sound source and sync it with the DAW of your choice on the Laptop, so both always run in-sync.

• @rs2000 said:
    iOS 9.3 means you can still run the latest versions of Korg Gadget, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3 and most other DAWs, synths and effects.
    I'm really happy that most developers try to stick with <= iOS 9 as long as possible.
    You could also attach the Akai MPK to your iPad 3 via CCK and use Genome MIDI to sequence multiple VSTi Synths/Samplers on your laptop.
    Or use Gadget on the iPad as an additional sequencer/sound source and sync it with the DAW of your choice on the Laptop, so both always run in-sync.

I tried BeatMaker 3 on an iPad 2 and who cares if it can run the latest version, you can barely play one sample with it on an iPad 2. I think the iPad 3 is just barely better than the iPad 2. I’ve been meaning to try Cubasis out on it, but I just use it on my newer iPads.