Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence midi sequencer ?

Comments

• @SevenSystems you should definitely check Quantum. It is an incredible sequencer. Best on iOS for my money.

• @SevenSystems Great info, thanks for the clarification. Love the app, really appreciate the work! Its got me reading through all my midi documentation for my external gear learning all the possibilities.

• @gusgranite said:
    @SevenSystems you should definitely check Quantum. It is an incredible sequencer. Best on iOS for my money.

I should clarify...
    Step style sequencer I mean.
    Xequence is the best MIDI arranger/sequencer!
    :smiley:

• @gusgranite thanks for the clarification and the flowers ;) I should check it out, though currently I’m fully drowned in a different project and after that, I want to finally take a look if Xequence and Audiobus can be friends ;)

• Hi
    I have a problem
    I think i’m doing something wrong with Xequence. It plays the notes 2 octave up comparing if i would play the same notes in AUM for exemple....
    Anyone has an answer ?
    Thanks

• edited May 2018

@Cristus said:
    Hi
    I have a problem
    I think i’m doing something wrong with Xequence. It plays the notes 2 octave up comparing if i would play the same notes in AUM for exemple....
    Anyone has an answer ?
    Thanks

Are you entering notes manually into the piano roll?

It could be that your expectation of what midi C4 pitch should be, could be named differently within Xequence. I.e. C2 or C3

• @Cristus said:
    Hi
    I have a problem
    Anyone has an answer ?
    Thanks

This is probably just a matter of naming convention, as @SpookyZoo pointed out. Xequence uses the standard MIDI octave numbering (starting at octave 0), while many others use -2 as the lowest octave (“music theory” octave numbering). In any case, Xequence “proudly” supports all possible 128 MIDI notes, so you’re safe :)

• @SpookyZoo @SevenSystems
    I understand Thanks very much for the answers

• @SevenSystems is there a way to constrain the range of the CC's? For instance, if I want to assign the y axis of the keys to Expression, is there a way to limit the range from say 90 to 128? For some CCs I find that it's hard to perform the small variations I want.

• @JonLewis sorry, not possible currently... what may help is choosing a different curve in Settings -> Interface -> Key Position To Controller, and disabling dual keyboards... other than that, maybe your target app offers a scaling option for incoming CCs? Failing that, you can probably use one of several MIDI tools (MidiFire, etc.) to scale the CCs... maybe someone else has had this particular issue and can chime in.

• Good point about dual keyboards -- I habitually have it set to dual. Single keyboard probably is better for MPE-type situations.

• edited May 2018

@SevenSystems Hi Alexander,

A quick question.... how do I filter the midi channel used for recording?

My scenario is that I would like to capture individual incoming data from my Digitakt that is sending out it’s midi data on channels 1-8.

I realise Xequence can only record one track at a time atm, but I would like to set up a project with 8 tracks, one for each midi channel in Xequence so that when I playback the Digitakt I can select which channel Xequence will record.

Probably super simple but my mind is melting in my setup today.

Cheers. :)

• @SpookyZoo hey, sorry but there is no integrated channel filter in Xequence, i.e. it will always record from all incoming channels and merge them into the current track. You would need to route the MIDI through an external tool (f.e. MidiFire) to filter out only a single channel. Digitakt -> MidiFire -> Xequence. i.e., select MidiFire as the MIDI In in Xequence, not the Digitakt.

Alternatively, can't you solo tracks on the Digitakt?

• Going to revisit this app due to some technical issues I have with another sequencing app.....

fingers crossed

• Does anyone know if MultiTrack DAW and Xequence can be synched up. I am interested in using a lightweight MIDI sequencer alongside MTDAW for sketching rather than an all-in-one DAW like Auria Pro or Cubasis.

• edited June 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    Does anyone know if MultiTrack DAW and Xequence can be synched up. I am interested in using a lightweight MIDI sequencer alongside MTDAW for sketching rather than an all-in-one DAW like Auria Pro or Cubasis.

Xequence has Link and can be midi sync master only, not slave. Not sure about MTDAW, but maybe you already use that one?
    Oh yeah, Link needs to be updated for start/stop sync in Xequence. That is coming in the next update, I believe.

• Just a little heads up: There'll be a little maintenance update in the coming days to fix the last remaining issues. After that, work will start on AB3 integration, hopefully as full-featured as I imagine it to be! :)

Oh, and I managed to sneak in a little extra in this little maintenance update which will please those who like it bright! :smiley:

• @SevenSystems said:
    Just a little heads up: There'll be a little maintenance update in the coming days to fix the last remaining issues. After that, work will start on AB3 integration, hopefully as full-featured as I imagine it to be! :)

Oh, and I managed to sneak in a little extra in this little maintenance update which will please those who like it bright! :smiley:

Yummy :)

• Ohhhhh, you make me soooo happy, @SevenSystems

:) :) :)

• Woot!!!!!!

• Looks great!

• edited August 2018

Gotta love those pastel tones! (no seriously... I myself, being a dark person 😉, like it better than expected).

If there's any suggestions, I can try to fit them in until release :)

• Thrilled with the AB3 integration.
    Is that imminent? Or next?

• Ableton Link v3 (start /stop sync) please..

• @SevenSystems said:
    Gotta love those pastel tones! (no seriously... I myself, being a dark person 😉, like it better than expected).

If there's any suggestions, I can try to fit them in until release :)

I prefer the Dark but great to have options. Kudos!

• Multiple midi file import?
    • Open In, import?
    • Folders?
    • Record on multiple channels?
  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Thrilled with the AB3 integration.
    Is that imminent? Or next?

Next... the imminent update will just fix the last bugs I've heard of, and add the bright theme.

@RajahP said:
    Ableton Link v3 (start /stop sync) please..

If all goes to plan, that should arrive together with the AB3 integration :)

• I hope 🤞 for a host button 🙂

• Will program change with bank select make it into this update?

• edited August 2018

@busker: no new features in this update I'm afraid. It's purely for squeezing the last bit of stability out of the current version, so we can move on with a clean state and concentrate on feature additions!

• The new colours look fantastic!