Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audiobus member's emporium of the finest and most exotic freeware plugins from around the world

Comments

• @mister_rz said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @mister_rz

Great find however it’s a pain to download then authorise I tried in standalone mode. Currently telling me I have no internet connection even though WiFi connected and I’ve tried with no firewall and anti virus turned off. Did you have problems with authorise the VST?

I'm getting the same problem, hopefully they'll sort it out in the next few days, servers might be getting slammed as it took awhile to load their webpage, unless it's software related.

Glad it’s not just me then !

• @Jumpercollins said:

@mister_rz said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @mister_rz

Great find however it’s a pain to download then authorise I tried in standalone mode. Currently telling me I have no internet connection even though WiFi connected and I’ve tried with no firewall and anti virus turned off. Did you have problems with authorise the VST?

I'm getting the same problem, hopefully they'll sort it out in the next few days, servers might be getting slammed as it took awhile to load their webpage, unless it's software related.

Glad it’s not just me then !

Haha, that's what I was thinking when I read your comment.

• Same thing here. Took forever to load the site, then another forever to create an account. Downloaded the EQ but it says I'm not online so can't register. Hopefully they will sort it out.

• just got mine, thx a lot mister_rz

• Just got an email back from their support (very quick response!) and Overloud says they are having an unusual load on their servers (I guess humans like free stuff) and to keep trying to register even later today.

• @cabo said:
    just got mine, thx a lot mister_rz

No problem, there gem stuff has been really good, not sure about the highs tho on this eq, but I like driving the input and compensating with the output to get some nice saturation going.

@yowza said:
    Just got an email back from their support (very quick response!) and Overloud says they are having an unusual load on their servers (I guess humans like free stuff) and to keep trying to register even later today.

Sweet, I'll try again in a bit, not to sure what I'm going to do with the stand alone version tho, might uninstall it.

• @mister_rz said:
    Sweet, I'll try again in a bit, not to sure what I'm going to do with the stand alone version tho, might uninstall it.

Same here, to save hard drive space I only install the AU version of plug ins on my mac and I go delete the VST and AAX versions after install if it won't let me customize the install how I like it.

• Just a quick heads up for all those people that have a focusrite soundcard from the last ten years or so, plugin collective this month is very sweet, 3 audiothing plugins for free and a half price off voucher, think you have to use it the same time you download the plugs and can only be used once. Offer runs till end of march.

https://uk.focusrite.com/plugin-collective

• @yowza said:

@mister_rz said:

Same here, to save hard drive space I only install the AU version of plug ins on my mac and I go delete the VST and AAX versions after install if it won't let me customize the install how I like it.

The AAX thing is a pita when it doesn't give you the option, find I have to go into its folder every now and then to delete the extra plugins, even get RTAS plugin build up at times, which is like meeting someone who still speaks latin.

• edited March 2018

For anybody interesting in some unique, small but high quality samples/instruments you should watch until Spitfire Audio release the new Labs.
    I bought the top 10 for just €5 (which is closed yet and was for charity) and was surprised how good some of these tiny tools are.
    While you need the full Kontakt yet you don´t will need that for the new release since they get a dedicated plug-in (an iOS developer was involved here too :) ) and they will be totally free as well.
    These things are little gems and worth a try:
    https://www.soundonsound.com/news/spitfire-audio-labs-become-free-and-get-dedicated-plug
    An example:
    Another one:

And here is a list of all of them. Some might not get rereleased or changed but it´s lots of really high quality stuff for free you won´t find on iOS (sadly):

Henson Frozen Strings
    Soft piano
    Trumpet Fields
    Music Box
    Mini harp
    Peel Guitar
    Hammered Dulcimer
    Ollie Waton Drums
    Scary Strings
    Charango
    London Atmos
    Whistling Piano
    Tundra Atmos
    Electric Mandolin
    Milk Bottles
    Folk Loops
    Permafrost Strings
    Floppy Disk Drives
    Rare Groove Piano
    Plucked Grand
    Pylons
    Harmonic Piano
    Plastic Pipes
    Thundervox
    Office Lightshades
    Sleigh Bells
    Kitchen Sink
    Nylon Guitar
    Hamster Cage
    Seek Wah
    Alien Bells
    Metal Fan
    Mandolin
    Melodica
    Bike Bells
    Plucked Upright
    Trumpet Fiddle
    Cajon
    Djembe
    Mini harp
    Kalimba
    Mini Pan
    Bell Tree
    Tangerines
    Bedlam Piano
    Fingered Dulcimer
    Toy Dulcimer
    Desk Bells
    Hand Chimes
    Hand Claps
    Crumhorn
    Indian Banjo
    Frame Drum
    The Colonel
    Toy Piano
    Dry Vibraphone
    Hammered Dulcimer
    Iron Drum

Cheers!

• Free MIDI rotator plug in to be used as a Logic MIDI FX. This is from Robby Kilgore, the person that created the MIDI Rotator for the late Michael Brecker which he used with an EWI. Mac plugin for now but PC is supposedly coming soon.

He also has a Midibot script at the GitHub link below that can be pasted into a Logic MIDI script and saved which allows very cool probability for drum tracks etc. Not sure if it's still available but at one point he developed an iOS app called Drum Toy which the MidiBot script is based on.

Plugin is here:

https://github.com/RobbyKilgore/LogicProX_MidiFX_Scripts

Facebook link here with some cool videos

https://www.facebook.com/midirotator/posts/1891961561028806?comment_id=1892015194356776&reply_comment_id=1892160751008887&notif_id=1522635408109865&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&ref=notif

http://robbykilgore.com/?p=30

• Just a quick heads up for something very tasty coming in a few days, this will only be free from the 18th may to 3rd of june, looks like a monster of a delay plugin, I'll bump this when it lands.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSpectralDelay

• That does sound good, thanks for the heads up.

• When I was checking out the MSpectral Delay, I discovered that MeldaProductions has an amazing free bundle of FX. I don't know if this has already been mentioned. I downloaded them last night and spent the whole evening checking them out.
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle
    These are not basic things--they are complex, powerful tools. All of them are good and some of them are really great. And there are some unusual things in there like an Oscilloscope, MRecorder (which records the plugin input into a wave file), Autopan, SpectralPan, Waveshaper, MNotepad (a text editor). What's great is so many of them have extensive presets.

The last thing I need is another EQ, but even their freebie EQ is quite interesting in its approach and is powerful.

• @Reid said:
    When I was checking out the MSpectral Delay, I discovered that MeldaProductions has an amazing free bundle of FX. I don't know if this has already been mentioned. I downloaded them last night and spent the whole evening checking them out.
    These are not basic things--they are complex, powerful tools. All of them are good and some of them are really great. And there are some unusual things in there like an Oscilloscope, MRecorder (which records the plugin input into a wave file), Autopan, SpectralPan, Waveshaper, MNotepad (a text editor). What's great is so many of them have extensive presets.

The last thing I need is another EQ, but even their freebie EQ is quite interesting in its approach and is powerful.

But how convenient is it to work with these free tools: are the 'pro'-options/features grayed out/disabled or are they constantly asking to buy the upgrade? And I also read that MSpectral uses its own license manager; do you have to install and use that software to use their free bundle (and MSpectral Delay)?

• edited May 2018

@Harro said:

@Reid said:
    When I was checking out the MSpectral Delay, I discovered that MeldaProductions has an amazing free bundle of FX. I don't know if this has already been mentioned. I downloaded them last night and spent the whole evening checking them out.

But how convenient is it to work with these free tools: are the 'pro'-options/features grayed out/disabled or are they constantly asking to buy the upgrade? And I also read that MSpectral uses its own license manager; do you have to install and use that software to use their free bundle (and MSpectral Delay)?The plugins all look like this. They have the red marking down at the bottom, but there are no pop-ups.

Each plugin looks like this, with the red reminder box at the bottom.

There's nothing grayed out. They are the same as the extended versions which cost €49 ($59) for the whole set, with the big exception that you can't save and load your own patches.

With the upgrade

• You can change size and style of the plugins.
    • You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
    • You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
    • Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
    • The plugins will not display the red reminder box at the bottom of every GUI.

The biggest difference here is saving and loading your own presets. I didn't notice that until now. That's a big deal. But of course you can save them in your projects. There are so many useful presets that this is still very useful. And many of these FX, like metering, don't require user presets.

If I find myself using them a lot I might pick up the full thing some day. Maybe it will even go on one of their regular half price sales.

Of course the €49 package is just an expanded version of the free plugins. It's not the professional plugins, which cost much more. But these aren't stripped down versions of the big plugins (with grayed out stuff) , they are full versions of a smaller programs.

It isn't exactly a license manager, it's more like a download manager. There's no licensing--you can download it without even registering on the site. It is a program and when you launch it you are given the option to download whatever Melda stuff you'd like to, including the demos. You can do it whenever you want, and get more stuff and even use it to remove everything The demos are fully functioning and last 14 days.

I prefer this to the way other companies, like IK and Soundtoys do it, where you have to download everything they have even if you just want to try out a single plugin.

• Thank you @Reid for that extra info!

• Another nice freebie this way comes, curtesy of boz digital labs, it's a plugin for low end even does the pultec trick with one knob, now at version 2.

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/bark-of-dog/

Not long everyone till the budgie has landed.

• @Harro said:
    Thank you @Reid for that extra info!

You can download the free MSpectral delay now from Version 12 of the Universal Installer without registering.

But you'll have to register on the site to get the license. Once you've saved it on your computer, you register within the MSpectral Delay simply by telling it where you've saved the license on your computer.

My initial impression is that this is one powerful but weird plugin that stretches the outer limits of what's possible with delay effects. Not what you would need to use with your every day delay effects.

• @Reid said:

@Harro said:

You can download the free MSpectral delay now from Version 12 of the Universal Installer without registering.

But you'll have to register on the site to get the license. Once you've saved it on your computer, you register within the MSpectral Delay simply by telling it where you've saved the license on your computer.

My initial impression is that this is one powerful but weird plugin that stretches the outer limits of what's possible with delay effects. Not what you would need to use with your every day delay effects.

Heading over there now to get my copy, glad it's come early as I'll have the energy to play around with it a bit, make some presets, melda's modulation system tho is a beast.

• Quick video on how to activate melda plugs.

• @mister_rz said:

@Reid said:

@Harro said:

Heading over there now to get my copy, glad it's come early as I'll have the energy to play around with it a bit, make some presets, melda's modulation system tho is a beast.

Any good?

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@Reid said:

@Harro said:

Any good?

Thing I'm liking about it the most is the micro delay setting, you can get some great stereo width out of it, make stuff sound like it's popping out the speakers or headphones. Can have a very metallic sound to it, going through the presets, but has a ton of options, which is a blessing for sound design or curse if you want to just get going and creative.

Not sure about the pitch shifting yet, as it sounds a bit off like most pitch shifting stuff, zynaptiq plugins are some of the best for pitch manipulation, but expensive and cpu heavy. I'd say it's worth a download, but to get the most out of it, have to invest a bit of time as their fx are like synths, can see some great possibilities but need to experiment more, licenses are nfr and don't count towards bundles.

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@Reid said:

@Harro said:

Any good?

Thing I'm liking about it the most is the micro delay setting, you can get some great stereo width out of it, make stuff sound like it's popping out the speakers or headphones. Can have a very metallic sound to it, going through the presets, but has a ton of options, which is a blessing for sound design or curse if you want to just get going and creative.

Not sure about the pitch shifting yet, as it sounds a bit off like most pitch shifting stuff, zynaptiq plugins are some of the best for pitch manipulation, but expensive and cpu heavy. I'd say it's worth a download, but to get the most out of it, have to invest a bit of time as their fx are like synths, can see some great possibilities but need to experiment more, licenses are nfr and don't count towards bundles.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have a look tomorrow if I get a chance.

I’m a big fan of Discord 4 on iOS, so if it’s capable of anything close to that I’d be very happy.

• There's another unusual delay plugin available free right now from Pluginboutique
    Soundspot's Nebula is free with code NEB100

Nebula is a multi-fx plugin that features Stereo Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Filter & LFO sections.

You can also get AIR'S Hybrid 3 synth free now with code HYB100

You have to check them out of the store separately.

These were given out as a promotion to try and keep regular subscribers on their mailing list to opt in again.

• Apologies if these have been posted before, but they look interesting in the YouTube demos:

https://glitchmachines.com/products/free-bundle/

• @MonzoPro said:
    Apologies if these have been posted before, but they look interesting in the YouTube demos:

Glitch machines stuff is very interesting took me a while to get my head around, some of their earlier stuff under a different name is well worth checking out too, here's the free stuff.

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/legacy/

That melda delay, after playing with it a while is c'est magnifique, especially for textured delay stuff, defo worth a download if you haven't already.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Apologies if these have been posted before, but they look interesting in the YouTube demos:

They're great. Been using them for a while now. Try one in an fx chain, with say, dubstation on either side on different settings. Instant dubby glitchy greatness. Packed full of brilliant pre-sets, which to be honest, i haven't strayed far from , cause they're all brilliant.......... :)
    Thanks for all the top recommendations here everyone, I've discovered some great stuff............cheers!

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

Glitch machines stuff is very interesting took me a while to get my head around, some of their earlier stuff under a different name is well worth checking out too, here's the free stuff.

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/legacy/

That melda delay, after playing with it a while is c'est magnifique, especially for textured delay stuff, defo worth a download if you haven't already.

Thanks, no hadn’t seen those.

Just downloaded the GM fx, so I’ll have a play with those later.