Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Bit 'weird' music is also very difficult to do correctly, and it's very, very easy to muck up and scare off the punters with a horrible mess. As I find every time I post something to the SOTM thread...

>

Or it could be that your work is so far into the future, most people haven’t caught up. ;)

Comments like that would get you a pint if you were local...

• The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought. (Sir Thomas Beecham)

• The safest choice is to leave out all the notes – just in case.

• “Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung” Voltaire

• Sounds like they might be playing Holiday In Cambodia :D

• Knockout atmosphere apparently.

• Aargh, just missed it

• Sounds Force Five blew everyone else away. I know, I was there.

• @richardyot said:
    Sounds Force Five blew everyone else away. I know, I was there.

More successful than Fox Force Five.

• @u0421793 said:

@richardyot said:
    Sounds Force Five blew everyone else away. I know, I was there.

More successful than Fox Force Five.

Fox Force Five were better looking though....

• Lincolnshire County Council keep you hanging for an answer when applying to drink alcohol. Fifty one years it has been and still no answer. Hot Dogs are a definite NO.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I miss playing in a band:

I’m enjoying my third wind. Great being part of a group of like-minded souls, and a wonderful excuse to buy new equipment and behave like a silly person.

• Odd bits of here and there stuff about drummers that I found very interesting/useful/educational (about drummers):

https://ethaniverson.com/rhythm-and-blues/the-drum-thing-or-a-brief-history-of-whiplash-or-im-generalizing-here/

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Odd bits of here and there stuff about drummers that I found very interesting/useful/educational (about drummers):

https://ethaniverson.com/rhythm-and-blues/the-drum-thing-or-a-brief-history-of-whiplash-or-im-generalizing-here/

Was writing drummer stuff the other night and it'll be interesting to read about the subject from folk who know what they're on about. Looks meaty so a bed time read it is. Thank you :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Odd bits of here and there stuff about drummers that I found very interesting/useful/educational (about drummers):

Had our drummer here today for an ambient synth recording session, had to tell the bugger to STOP HITTING MY KEYBOARDS SO HARD every five seconds. Drummers eh.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Interesting, and could also be applied to songwriting: it's not about chops, it's about feel and the devotional aspect of it. Chops is just about the most boring aspect of music there is.

Keith Richards was always really into rhythmic feel, playing around with the position of the beat, and he dislikes a lot of rock music due to it's rhythmic stiffness: "sounds like a march". The Stones and AC/DC are just about the only rock bands that swing, everyone else plays straight on the beat. AC/DC could take something seemingly really simple, and with a sleight of rhythmic trickery turn into into magic, and then add lyrics about shagging on top...

• Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations. (Sebastian Horsley)

• I wondered whether music might not be the unique example of what might have been - if the invention of language, the formation of words, the analysis of ideas had not intervened - the means of communication between souls. (Marcel Proust, In Search Of Lost Time, Vol 5: The Captive & The Fugitive)

• Or as Kurt Vonnegut put it: Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God.

It is pretty weird how an abstract set of sounds with a mathematical relationship to each other can provoke emotion in us, how the hell does that work?

• @richardyot said:
    Or as Kurt Vonnegut put it: Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God.

It is pretty weird how an abstract set of sounds with a mathematical relationship to each other can provoke emotion in us, how the hell does that work?

It‘s more weird what else provokes emotions :D
    Humans are weird animals.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations. (Sebastian Horsley)

Ugh, what an asshole. Him, not you. Anybody who hits on the truth is intolerable in my book

• @oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations. (Sebastian Horsley)

Ugh, what an asshole. Him, not you. Anybody who hits on the truth is intolerable in my book

Largely agree AND (according to Wiki) in an interview in April 2008 he romanticized dying "destitute in the arms of a prostitute," though not immediately dying "if that's alright with you," which in theory I'm in some repugnant ways jealous of.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Largely agree AND (according to Wiki) in an interview in April 2008 he romanticized dying "destitute in the arms of a prostitute," though not immediately dying "if that's alright with you," which in theory I'm in some repugnant ways jealous of.

And a tad tame don't you think? Hasn't someone else done the crucifixion scene without paracetamol before? Cover bands these days eh. Strewth.

• Update from article earlier in this thread:
    "Lana Del Rey claims her copyright dispute with Radiohead is over"
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/mar/26/lana-del-rey-claims-copyright-dispute-radiohead-over-creep-get-free

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Interesting, and could also be applied to songwriting: it's not about chops, it's about feel and the devotional aspect of it. Chops is just about the most boring aspect of music there is.

Keith Richards was always really into rhythmic feel, playing around with the position of the beat, and he dislikes a lot of rock music due to it's rhythmic stiffness: "sounds like a march". The Stones and AC/DC are just about the only rock bands that swing, everyone else plays straight on the beat. AC/DC could take something seemingly really simple, and with a sleight of rhythmic trickery turn into into magic, and then add lyrics about shagging on top...

What the Stones (and many other bands) played was rock 'n roll. The "roll" is the groove, the sex, the thing that moves one's butt. The stiff, "sounds like a march" stuff is just plain "rock" music. Same thing with vocals - the bluesy major/minor third is part of that roll. Most rock music just goes full classical minor and uses the minor third with no blues to it.

Statement of the obvious: this drummer says computer and device-based music almost always sorely lacks in any kind of "roll". ;)

• @MarkR said:
    What the Stones (and many other bands) played was rock 'n roll. The "roll" is the groove, the sex, the thing that moves one's butt. The stiff, "sounds like a march" stuff is just plain "rock" music. Same thing with vocals - the bluesy major/minor third is part of that roll. Most rock music just goes full classical minor and uses the minor third with no blues to it.

Statement of the obvious: this drummer says computer and device-based music almost always sorely lacks in any kind of "roll". ;)

Well it's tricky to have that feel on the grid. And it's something that can really be planned, it comes from a performance, and to really pull it off the rhythmic feel of the performer has to be really solid, you have to know exactly where the beat is if you're going to play around it.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Also reminds me of Miles Davis (and others) talking about knowing which notes to leave out etc etc.

Miles also stole composing credits for a number of tunes he didn't write.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Also reminds me of Miles Davis (and others) talking about knowing which notes to leave out etc etc.

Miles also stole composing credits for a number of tunes he didn't write.

"I also stole the silences, motherfucker" (delivered in a gravelly whisper) 😄

Seriously, you are absolutely correct.

• Miles, the person kept me from appreciating his records for a long time. Miles the trumpet player kept me from appreciating his soloes for a long time. Miles the band leader ... a different story. He was a mean prick and a real turd but by golly he did some great things with his groups. Besides, Shorter and Zawinul came out of his groups and founded Weather Report (Bitches Brew done miles better (pun intended)).