Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trancegate AU - “Perforator” available now

124»

Comments

• @brambos said:
    The app is now waiting for review at Apple. Let's hope it goes a bit smoother than with Kosmonaut.

While we wait, here's another demo of the MIDI OUT P.Locks routed into Ruismaker FM...

Wonderful madness.

• !!!! Terrific!

• This man does not keep us waiting long.

• edited May 2018

@Daveypoo said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    My money just bounced off the screen and hit me in the face. There's gotta be an easier way..... :p

The Trancegate must've been on. You have to wait for it to open before tossing the money.

Just tried throwing a tenner and a bunch of quarters hit me back in the face... progress...

• LOL Once this is out all we need is AUv3 version of iM1 to go back to da old days :D

(Typical gated M1 pad at 0.40 or so).

• @Samu said:
    LOL Once this is out all we need is AUv3 version of iM1 to go back to da old days :D

(Typical gated M1 pad at 0.40 or so).

The day Korg goes AUv3 I will be as happy as Whigfield :D

• @brambos said:

The day Korg goes AUv3 I will be as happy as Whigfield :D

And when Yamaha fixes the 'All AUv3 instances share the same preset bug'(apparently 'by design') in FM Essentials. Can't have enough of Latelybass and other classic TX81Z patches...

Perforator will hopefully save this weekends lack of inspiration :)

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    How are people making trance gates on iOS right now? What are you using?

Using drums/percussion audio as the carrier input and a pad chord as the effected audio in a vocoder works for some interesting gate-ish effects. Have used Caustic for this. However, I think Brambos are creating the trancegate I have been asking for. I’m going to call it “rhythmic gating” because I don’t think trance music deserves the credit ;)

• @ZenLizard said:

Zen!izard! Are you the anti-me. :D

• @ZenLizard said:
    I’m going to call it “rhythmic gating” because I don’t think trance music deserves the credit ;)

That's what it is :)

Here's Paolo from Synthmania with some examples doing it with old hardware...

• My first thought (not being a house/trance/techno/acid/whatever guy) was that you can use Trancegate to play your Rozeta Cells chords with some rhythm.

• Just having a bit of fun. No insult to any genre was intended.

• @Daveypoo said:
    My first thought (not being a house/trance/techno/acid/whatever guy) was that you can use Trancegate to play your Rozeta Cells chords with some rhythm.

Or to insert some rests and timbral interest into a Rozeta Arpeggio.