Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• How about Myriad

• Beepstreet Breakdown

(Rrrrah)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:
    I gotta say, seeing this grow/evolve here like this is pretty awesome. :)

Agreed, although at the moment — must I be the guy? — it's purely theoretical. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL theory though.
    So...when, exactly, am I going to have to take a sick day and devote myself to this coming wonder?

Interesting use of the word theoretical.

Sounds like an unwritten Borges story.

In which a minotaur must perpetually back up an iPad 1 to preserve a record of Alchemy.

WAY off-topic, but have you read China Miéville? "The City and the City"! Talk about theoretical.

Not that theoretical, watch the way people unsee things they don’t want to see.

• edited May 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:

@AikiGhost said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

So it's slowly becoming a modular groovebox really. Have you considered allowing tracks till you run out of CPU rather than fixing at 8?

Good idea :)

I think so, that way you could have 4 tracks of intense modular mayhem or 21 tracks of simple sample playback with a bit of reverb depending on your needs. Totally flexible.

• Collosum
    Modulux
    ModdoM
    Vexx
    Adaptive
    Mindrummer
    Rhythmus
    Framewerks
    Rhythmicon
    Pulsor
    ?

• @AudioGus said:
    I gotta say, seeing this grow/evolve here like this is pretty awesome. :)

It's a bit like my dad growing tomatoes and cucumbers in his greenhouse, with me peering through the window each day to check the colour and length of said veg.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    multitimbral Impaktor (if you have an audio interface and analog drum pads)

Are you able to play with sticks through this...and then record MIDI notes from it, for further sequencing ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its C++ so no problem, rights and open source is the problem :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    BeepSuite

Sweet.

• edited May 2018

Combobulator

Definition = Combobulator (Noun) Any contraption the combobulates. Usually a far-flung contraption usually designed to perform a mysterious process in order to manufacture an amazing or highly unusual product or outcome.

• edited May 2018

A quick test, showing the rough concept (how to build a basic subtractive synth in 1 minute ;)

• No cables
    • One dimension
    • Each generator module starts new audio bus, that is color marked. Then you can insert mixer or ring modulator to merge signals.
    • You can drag'n'drop modules, insert in between, swipe to remove
    • UI is not ready yet, there will be additional panels on the bottom, piano keyborard for pitch params, categories in module selector, etc

(- Audio is very noisy, something wrong with dropbox player maybe, )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfnqdnvpsbgwss2/profusion_test1.mov?dl=0

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    A quick test, showing the rough concept (how to build a basic subtractive synth in 1 minute ;)

• No cables
    • One dimension
    • Each generator module starts new audio bus, that is color marked. Then you can insert mixer or ring modulator to merge signals.
    • UI is not ready yet, there will be additional panels on the bottom, piano keyborard for pitch params, categories in module selector, etc

I just registered because I need to say "OMG"

• I've never beta tested before but if you think you'll need extra testers I'd be happy to lend a hand.

• I can also beta test... Need to check that everything goes smoothly with my host Sequencism :) (*1)

(*1) And yes, I also want to play with this o:)

• @OnfraySin said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

• No cables
    • One dimension

I just registered because I need to say "OMG"

Woah... yes, very nice vid.

• @Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its C++ so no problem, rights and open source is the problem :)

Ah, so you can't include open source in a commercial repackage then? Didn't know that.. Damn :( Free IAP to get around the legals? Would poss be worth the coding time just for buzz/marketing/indirect sales? Those modules are really nice!

Indeed some modules are MIT licensed, that means that can be used in commercial software. So expect one of them in one of updates.

• edited May 2018

Thanks. As you see its not a common modular concept, with cable-spaghetti covering front panels (I can't stand this :) but you still can set up most of signal flow cases. You can split and merge signals, but its color coded.

• @giku_beepstreet it's a novel approach to modular and very clever UI.

• @Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ah, so you can't include open source in a commercial repackage then? Didn't know that.. Damn :( Free IAP to get around the legals? Would poss be worth the coding time just for buzz/marketing/indirect sales? Those modules are really nice!

There are commercial manufacturers selling copies of Mutable modules with the author's blessings, so it does indeed appear to be possible.

• @Dawdles said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

There are commercial manufacturers selling copies of Mutable modules with the author's blessings, so it does indeed appear to be possible.

Cool. I love those modules in VCVrack and Organelle. Would be amazing to have them in something as fast to mess around with as DRambo seems to be... And on iPad In general.

In theory they could be built in Audulus as well, I would think. But ipads may not have the CPU power to pull it off.

• edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Cool. I love those modules in VCVrack and Organelle. Would be amazing to have them in something as fast to mess around with as DRambo seems to be... And on iPad In general.

In theory they could be built in Audulus as well, I would think. But ipads may not have the CPU power to pull it off.

These modules run usually on much weaker ARM boards. btw

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-37459374fda3a3eb79f6db2c6bb6ee7f

• This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

So, what is this instrument then? Synth, drum machine, something else?

• @kinkujin said:
    This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

A modular groovebox.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@kinkujin said:

A modular groovebox.

Yep that's what it feels like and frankly THAT IS AWESOME :)

This discussion has been closed.