Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro update

Virsyn have released an update to Addictive Pro that fixes the AUv3 plugin problems on BM3 and other iOS DAWs.

Comments

• completely unplayable for me when hosted in AUM, but plays fine when put in the background. can anyone else confirm? air 2 on 11.1

• edited September 2017

I tested the updated Addictive Pro on BM3 and the AUv3 still crashes after adding two instances of the plugin. Unacceptable :(

• @wellingtonCres said:
    completely unplayable for me when hosted in AUM, but plays fine when put in the background. can anyone else confirm? air 2 on 11.1

Tried it in aum in a 2017 pro 12.9. Could get it to play notes but dsp meter showed around 230% and the ipad became unresponsive

• edited September 2017

This update is just another disaster. It makes me wonder if Virsyn really did fix the issues with the AUv3 plugin because it is still as buggy as ever on Cubasis 2, BM3, Modstep and GarageBand.

• Are any forum members beta testing for Virsyn?

• Hi all, sorry about the crash - could reproduce it here that having more than one Addictive Pro windows open gives a crash on iOS 11. Fixed it here and will upload it soon to the store.

• Sweet thanks for such an awesome synth!

Feature request: while I’m in ARP select view inside AB3, I really appreciate that the Arp screen remains open, I love it!

Could you allow for us to be able to exit the app in while in AB3 as AU or IAA without having to close the Arp select screen?

There are many times I’ve wanted to go back and select a different drum preset in another app, but I’m forced to close the Arp screen in order to do so. If it’s not possible that’s fine as I really love the ability to change Arps in realtime as the song progresses! Awesome feature of Addictive Pro Synth that really rocks!

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all, sorry about the crash - could reproduce it here that having more than one Addictive Pro windows open gives a crash on iOS 11. Fixed it here and will upload it soon to the store.

• edited September 2017

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all, sorry about the crash - could reproduce it here that having more than one Addictive Pro windows open gives a crash on iOS 11. Fixed it here and will upload it soon to the store.

Addictive Pro AUv3 plugin crashes on iOS 10.3.3 too when running more than two instances.

• another update but the problem with the app hosted in AUM remains

• edited October 2017

Another update that was supposed to fix the AUv3 plugin crash but it still crashes on Cubasis 2, Modstep, GarageBand and BM3 on both my iPad Pro 9.7 and 12.9. Not good :( However it seems to work on my iPad mini 4. Strange!

• I haven’t updated it at all it’s working great on my Air 1 as AU and standalone.

• edited October 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I haven’t updated it at all it’s working great on my Air 1 as AU and standalone.

I think the AUv3 problem is with iPad Pro because it is working great on my IPad mini 4. Virsyn obviously hasn’t tested this on an iPad Pro hence the crash problems still happening on iPad Pro.

• @Artmuzz said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I haven’t updated it at all it’s working great on my Air 1 as AU and standalone.

I think the AUv3 problem is with iPad Pro because it is working great on my IPad mini 4. Virsyn obviously hasn’t tested this on an iPad Pro hence the crash problems still happening on iPad Pro.

Yup did a quick test on iPad Pro and crash city. But fully expected that.

• I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing problems. Maybe i have an idea now. Could you please try the following: start the stand alone App and have a look that the preset lists are filled. Now start your favourite AU Host and try it again.
    I could reproduce the problem here when the AUv3 is used on a device where the stand alone App was never called at least once after installation.

Thanks, Harry

• edited October 2017

@VirSyn said:
    I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing problems. Maybe i have an idea now. Could you please try the following: start the stand alone App and have a look that the preset lists are filled. Now start your favourite AU Host and try it again.
    I could reproduce the problem here when the AUv3 is used on a device where the stand alone App was never called at least once after installation.

Thanks, Harry

I've started the stand alone App and all the preset lists are filled but I still have issues with the AUv3 plugin crashing when using more than two instances. Another problem is that when I load a third AUv3 plugin the UI has disappeared. As I said before this issue is only a problem on the iPad Pro :(

• Mh. I can load a dozen instances of Addictive in AUM, could possibly add more. I did start the app standalone before trying anything in the AU. This is on iPad Pro 2017. Have not tried other hosts but seems OK in AUM.

• I think it is important to point the real responsibilities. The crashes of several instances we are facing is the responsibility of Apple and not the devs as there is a problem with the ipad pro 2017 (soft or hard, I don’t know). If you are able to load several instances of an AU app in AUM, this is only because the dev is a genius and has implemented a workaround. But the issue still exist and there is no workaround yet in Cubasis, Auria etc...again, nobody’s fault but Apple

• @nick said:
    Mh. I can load a dozen instances of Addictive in AUM, could possibly add more. I did start the app standalone before trying anything in the AU. This is on iPad Pro 2017. Have not tried other hosts but seems OK in AUM.

Just to be clear... have you tried re-opening the AUM session after closing?. The multi-instance bug shows up when reloading...and I’ve seen it even on Air 2 as well as iPad Pro 2017

• I agree! This is one behemoth Synth and I love it for the amazing Arps that can be made and the tweaking abilities are endless! If Apple gets on the ball with these AU issues then things will get fixed but the hardware/Soft needs to host the developers program correctly otherwise things won’t jive!

@cuscolima said:
    I think it is important to point the real responsibilities. The crashes of several instances we are facing is the responsibility of Apple and not the devs as there is a problem with the ipad pro 2017 (soft or hard, I don’t know). If you are able to load several instances of an AU app in AUM, this is only because the dev is a genius and has implemented a workaround. But the issue still exist and there is no workaround yet in Cubasis, Auria etc...again, nobody’s fault but Apple

• @cuscolima said:
    I think it is important to point the real responsibilities. The crashes of several instances we are facing is the responsibility of Apple and not the devs as there is a problem with the ipad pro 2017 (soft or hard, I don’t know). If you are able to load several instances of an AU app in AUM, this is only because the dev is a genius and has implemented a workaround. But the issue still exist and there is no workaround yet in Cubasis, Auria etc...again, nobody’s fault but Apple

Exactly my point too.

I get the feeling Apple don't care about issues with Pro Audio apps on iOS.

• @cuscolima said:

Definitely an issue with the AU system, but I feel there’s an additional issue with Addictive Pro AU, the AUM work-around does not work on my system...yet it works for other AU. So in this case there could be a true bug within Addictive Pro AU

• @VirSyn said:
    I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing problems. Maybe i have an idea now. Could you please try the following: start the stand alone App and have a look that the preset lists are filled. Now start your favourite AU Host and try it again.

Thanks, Harry

can you try the standalone app in AUM please? it is completely unusable for me

• Here is what I have found on an Air 2. If I start AUM then load 4 instances of Addivtive without opening any, I can play all 4 with the keyboard. But if I try and open one of the AU's they all crash. Now if I load them one at a time and open each as I load it, change preset or whatever, then close it. I can repeat this at least 4 times and all play and I can re-open any instance without a problem, so acting as it should. But if I go back and try and load them all without opening each one after it loads, it crashes.

• On my Air 1 latest IOS, I can load 3 instances as soon as I load the 4th they all crash. But 3 is fine and all with different presets played at once with AUMs keyboards.

• How much memory does an Air 1 have?

I still think that this may be memory related.

I just had a crash on my iPad Pro 9.7 (older) with 2GB RAM:

I could start 4 instances in AUM, then removed one to check the memory and tried to load the 4th again - then, all of them crashed!

• 1gig. I increased my buffer in AUM to 1024 and it worked great even loaded Ruismaker standalone and Navichord and had all three instances running great!

Try increasing buffer.

• This problem with Addictive still exists. CPU spikes, crashes as an AU in all hosts, keyboard key lock doesn’t work properly. @VirSyn is there any hope for solutions? I will have to abandon this synth even though it’s my favorite.

• @Giant_Peach said:
    This problem with Addictive still exists. CPU spikes, crashes as an AU in all hosts, keyboard key lock doesn’t work properly. @VirSyn is there any hope for solutions? I will have to abandon this synth even though it’s my favorite.

no issues here with any of those problems you list. Had 2 instances of it running in BM3 last week as an AU instrument along with some other stuff...

• Same here running perfectly! Not a single crash yet! Amazing!