Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thumbjam on iPhone X - no sound and broken UI

Is anyone else having problems with thumbjam on the iPhone X, 11.3.1. Can’t even get to prefs or instrument menu. Screenshot:

Comments

• edited May 2018

You have two instruments with the keyboard size set differently for each instrument ie one instrument’s keys are larger than the other. This is something you can adjust.

Is that what you’re talking about? I’m on Air 2 so something may be off for you on iPhone X. You may have hidden the menu button?

• @yowza said:
    You have two instruments with the keyboard size set differently for each instrument ie one instrument’s keys are larger than the other. This is something you can adjust.

Is that what you’re talking about?

Nope, that’s intentional.

I’m on Air 2 so something may be off for you on iPhone X. You may have hidden the menu button?

Notice the instrument window is in the wrong place, and does not display any instrument names. @sonosaurus

• edited May 2018

@johnfromberkeley, some people have reported this strangeness also, are you in a position to delete and reinstall it? Be sure to download all of your custom instruments, recordings, and presets before you do so. I know that may actually be hard since you can't get to the Prefs->Wifi Transfer, but you should be able to if you use the Apple Configurator 2 ( https://support.apple.com/apple-configurator ) to save the user data from ThumbJam (and later restore it).

• I’ve exactly that issue on iPhone 7 Plus seems related to last iOS update as it appears just after if I remember correcty.

• edited May 2018

Works fine on my X on 11.3. Haven't jumped to the .1 patch yet.

• @sonosaurus said:
    @johnfromberkeley, some people have reported this strangeness also, are you in a position to delete and reinstall it? Be sure to download all of your custom instruments, recordings, and presets before you do so. I know that may actually be hard since you can't get to the Prefs->Wifi Transfer, but you should be able to if you use the Apple Configurator 2 ( https://support.apple.com/apple-configurator ) to save the user data from ThumbJam (and later restore it).

Worked perfectly!

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@sonosaurus said:

Worked perfectly!

You’ve reinstalled it?