Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC ENVOLVER - AUv3 Envolope Follower - TUTORIAL for the iPad

Here is my tutorial for the new FAC Envolver envelope follower from Fred Anton Corvest.

I think a lot of people are going to absolutely love this.

Once you get your head around the routing the power of this is almost limitless.

You can get FAC Envolver here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-envolver/id1378195291?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Eighty views, and no one can be bothered to say, nice one Doug. What is the forum coming to. Tsk, tsk.

• Nice one Doug ! Thanks

• Thanks this Envolver has endless possibilities I think it will be one of my best AU friend!!

BTW, you don’t have to click on learn when assigning in AUM, just set midi channel and cc number and you’re done. Learn button will wait for midi data, but if you click on AUM play button it will learn first cc that came and that can be one you don’t want.

• Hey Doug (@thesoundtestroom), I think you can use the switch off/switch on feature (the yellow area buttons) to prevent the midi CC conflict and use the midi learn feature, right?
    The same way you can use Brambos' rozeta LFO midi learn feature if you switch off the other LFOs and only learn the one that is activated.

Great video, I never thought of using the thing in the very same channel it is implemented. interesting!

• @david_2017 said:
    Great video, I never thought of using the thing in the very same channel it is implemented. interesting!

I wonder what happens if you use it on the same channel, monitoring the volume, and adjusting the volume....will your iPad melt ?

• Great video demo of an interesting app. I’m not sure I would use something like this, as cool as it looks. But I’ll be interested to see what others do with it.

• @TozBourne said:
    Great video demo of an interesting app. I’m not sure I would use something like this, as cool as it looks. But I’ll be interested to see what others do with it.

>

This was our original reaction, until ideas started popping. Now we hope to use it in serendipitous ways, many of which will not occu until we do them. ;)

• hopefully we will all survive these experiments...

• Thanks for the tour Doug!

• Nice one Doug!

• Tnx Doug, you just sold me Envolver. Why do we need Bram's trance gate if we have this thing though? Apparently I don't understand the difference....

• edited May 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Tnx Doug, you just sold me Envolver. Why do we need Bram's trance gate if we have this thing though? Apparently I don't understand the difference....

Mine is primarily an audio effect, not a MIDI effect (=sample-accurate resolution, rather than MIDI resolution, because those gates can get really fast and tight at high tempos). You could probably achieve a trancegate effect with Envolver with the right settings and MIDI routing, though. But the same could be said of pumphouse. Whatever works best for your workflow. :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my tutorial for the new FAC Envolver envelope follower from Fred Anton Corvest.

I think a lot of people are going to absolutely love this.

Once you get your head around the routing the power of this is almost limitless.

You can get FAC Envolver here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-envolver/id1378195291?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Thx Doug for the nice videos, your amazing work, and for the help you provide to the iOS community!!!!!

• I don't know a "Doug" but that Sound Test Room guy is awesome! I've watched dozens of his videos and he has helped sell hundreds of dollars in products to me for App developers, hardware vendors and even a better streaming device for my Big Screen TV... what's up with Amazon v. Google by the way.
    FireTV reports "Web Videos are not supported on this device".
    Arg.

I upgraded my Apple TV to have a better YouTube experience.

Thanks Doug! Do you get paid by the viewing?

• @McDtracy I get paid through three main sources, Patreon, YouTube Ad Revenue and iTunes Affiliate links, to put things in perspective with YouTube you make an average of £1.00 per thousand views

@McDtracy I get paid through three main sources, Patreon, YouTube Ad Revenue and iTunes Affiliate links, to put things in perspective with YouTube you make an average of £1.00 per thousand views

Dude, you're rich. You've made almost £0.50 already!

Does it help if people watch the ads? I always click out to YouTube and watch any ads that come up all the way through just in case, but I'm curious it actually helps or not.

• I keep breaking it with Model D AU, using a 2nd track envelope from Patterning. 12796% spike! I’ve loved it when it’s worked so far though.

• edited May 2018

Why do we need Bram's trance gate if we have this thing though?

>

So you will only ever be using one synth, one guitar, one drum app, etc, etc. ;)

Seriously, as has been explained, the upcoming Brambos Trance Gate app will offer its own magic, and like all Brambos apps will be a quality product.

• Great video!

• @McDtracy said:
    I don't know a "Doug" but that Sound Test Room guy is awesome! I've watched dozens of his videos and he has helped sell hundreds of dollars in products to me for App developers, hardware vendors and even a better streaming device for my Big Screen TV... what's up with Amazon v. Google by the way.
    FireTV reports "Web Videos are not supported on this device".
    Arg.

I upgraded my Apple TV to have a better YouTube experience.

Thanks Doug! Do you get paid by the viewing?

Please join his Patreon and pledge $1 a month. If he works for you, he deserves to get paid for it.

• @Zen210507 said:

Why do we need Bram's trance gate if we have this thing though?

>

So you will only ever be using one synth, one guitar, one drum app, etc, etc. ;)

Seriously, as has been explained, the upcoming Brambos Trance Gate app will offer its own magic, and like all Brambos apps will be a quality product.

Oh, I'll buy his thing right away. Perhaps I won't understand the difference until I learn both of them.

@McDtracy I get paid through three main sources, Patreon, YouTube Ad Revenue and iTunes Affiliate links, to put things in perspective with YouTube you make an average of £1.00 per thousand views

Doug: I've never made a £ in my life! If they take them at StarBucks I'm sold. Google shows me it's worth $1.36.

If I convert some to BitCoin I get filthy rich! Where's my old Sony
    video camcorder?

You have a Patreon business... I did not know that. I'm pretty new to this forum and my musical interests are old school but
    the "real instruments" in these new products sound amazing.
    So, I've starting buying everything that gets recommended so I'll
    need your videos to learn faster and make better music creations. I have invested in Korg Module/Gadget, Apple GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Mainstage and a ton of keyboard
    AU's and VST's.

• Can anyone confirm that this works with stagelight?