Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify apps... Blocs Wave, Groovebox, Launchpad - Which features are you waiting on?

If you were to have dialogue with the Ampify team, which features would be top of your list?

I may have an opportunity to chat with a member of the Ampify team soon, so please let me know which features you’d like to see.

Cheers

Comments

• Bring back the old Blocs logo that actually represented the app, these new hieroglyphics all look the same.

More diversity in sound packs, even the different genres somehow sound too similar.

• Groovebox would be 100 percent even more excellent if the sections launched like clips ON THE BAR.

• edited May 2018

Hope they will listen :smile:

For iPhone (and iPad if they have enough time!):

-8 scenes of 8 loops in BlocsWave/Launchpad.

-Launchpad volumes faders per scenes, hideable like effects panels.

-Loop reverse mode in BW/LP, slice mode with movable markers and pitch/decay/etc per slice in BW.

-More IAPs with percussions and vocals loops, more variety and less ambiant packs.

I get used to logos!

Thanks for your proposition :wink:

• edited May 2018

Maybe some of the ones that have been asked for before- perhaps you could ask if they are coming or not :)
    Blocs Wave - a filing system for all the clips- and also (I’m not sure if this one has been requested before)- I would really like to be able to delete selected areas of a file and bring the remaining parts together.
    Groovebox- automation for recording knob and slider movements and a space at the side of the piano roll in order that you can move it up and down without accidentally entering a note.
    Would be my top requests.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Groovebox would be 100 percent even more excellent if the sections launched like clips ON THE BAR. In other words, song mode.

• A song mode in BW where you can string together sections and repeats, with possible key transpositions, to automatically play back more elaborate compositions.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Groovebox would be 100 percent even more excellent if the sections launched like clips ON THE BAR.

Plus a million. Just emailed them about this and/or a Song mode and got a non-committal answer.

• Cool Spooky...hope this works out.

Features I’d like to see:

Groovebox: undo, full midi (in and out), and song mode

All Ampify apps: full integration between all apps and full integration with Novation Launch hardware.

• edited May 2018

Possibility to save/export projects between idevices, or even iCloud sync.

• edited May 2018

Groovebox MIDI out.

Make ‘em AUs while they’re at it... we could save our own presets then... :wink:

• @anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Groovebox would be 100 percent even more excellent if the sections launched like clips ON THE BAR.

Plus a million. Just emailed them about this and/or a Song mode and got a non-committal answer.

This. I would actually prefer song mode in Launchpad to include use of those FX, but either way...any way.

• Groovebox: Midi out

Blocs Wave: AU FX per sample.

• Groovebox save to cloud so I can switch devices

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Groovebox save to cloud so I can switch devices

>

We can already export to Dropbox. Is that no good for you, Bianca?

• @Zen210507 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Groovebox save to cloud so I can switch devices

>

We can already export to Dropbox. Is that no good for you, Bianca?

The patterns rather than audio files? If so how ?

• @BiancaNeve said:

>

All I see is a choice of Project Files, Section Mix or Ableton Live. So maybe the devs can add to this choice to accommodate what you need.

• @Zen210507 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

>

All I see is a choice of Project Files, Section Mix or Ableton Live. So maybe the devs can add to this choice to accommodate what you need.

Glad it’s not just me then, but it would be handy to be able to save projects across devices.

• Basically more of the same, I think the guys/gals are doing an excellent job and I have pretty much reduced my setup to these apps + AUM and FX for jamming and creation with Cubasis on the side for final mixing/arranging.

In terms of new features....top of my list would be
    Automation recording/editing in Groovebox, also for this automation to be used to drive a song mode, instead of the usual and mundane arranging blocks on a timeline, or moving from one scene to the next.

Other stuff
    Make adjusting note length in GB piano roll easier, it can be very fiddly trying to touch in just the right place.
    Integration with Components from within the apps - for project and patch saving/backup
    An ARP in Groovebox
    Project sync between apps....open project A in Groovebox and Project A in Launchpad loads automatically (if LP app is open)
    Key sync between apps...change key in 1 app, key automatically changes in other apps.

• @anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It is all in the timing, I have this pretty much sorted now I practiced it enough (in honesty it wasn't that much practice) :) Pattern not switching on the bar is now the exception rather than rule.
    Don't select your 'next' scene until right at the very last second....but also don't leave it until on the beat of the new bar otherwise you are too late.

• @anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Only if this were OPTIONAL. I like the way they launch now on the 16th notes. Makes for fun performing and you can really mix up the phrases

• Also I would like a SMALLER PIANO ROLL ON GROOVEBOX IPHONE. Holy cow you can only see 8 16th notes at a time. That’s TWO BEATS. Not bars two beats. How the hell am I supposed to program a drum beat before the scrolling exhausts me?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

YUP.

And same goes for changes of ROOT and SCALE ( key ) Some kind of chord-matrix to allow one to modulate a riff on the fly - but ON THE BAR.

• @db909 said:

@anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Only if this were OPTIONAL. I like the way they launch now on the 16th notes. Makes for fun performing and you can really mix up the phrases

Yes, that's an excellent point. Both would be nice. But these days I'm less of a performer than writer, so I'd like to see quantize by the section. HOWEVER, if there was a song mode, then the clip launching wouldn't be as vital.

• Also - MIDI MAPPING to clips and scenes - like................. er..... Ableton

would be NIIIICE!

So one could use a MIDI foot controller or launchpad or keyboard to trigger things..

Not even Gadget allows this currently either as it happens

• @AmpifyxNovation
    If you make quantized scene launching, I promise I'll buy every IAP you offer. It would instantly become a major building block for tracks....

• User file management for Blocs Wave. I would pay $10-$40 for a file management IAP.

• edited May 2018

Blocs - ‘Files’ or even iTunes support so I could easily backup/copy recordings en masse. Until then I won’t bother using it again.

• @nonchai said:
    Also - MIDI MAPPING to clips and scenes - like................. er..... Ableton

would be NIIIICE!

So one could use a MIDI foot controller or launchpad or keyboard to trigger things..

Not even Gadget allows this currently either as it happens

LooptunesHD (even iPhone) or GTL could worth a look :wink:

• Will love to see other scales transpose in Blocs ... Like Elastik 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=Su5rbzyxFXw

• midi×midi