Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you love your Grandma?

Comments

• Dangerous question. It can lead to things like this -

https://youtu.be/g5TVKhjEVtQ

• Both my Grandma's have passed away but I'd sure love to have an app-replica of the Moog Grandmother on my iPad...

• @Samu said:
    Both my Grandma's have passed away but I'd sure love to have an app-replica of the Moog Grandmother on my iPad...

Model 15 is quite there and more.....

• @Cib said:

@Samu said:
    Both my Grandma's have passed away but I'd sure love to have an app-replica of the Moog Grandmother on my iPad...

Model 15 is quite there and more.....

I know but I'm really not fond of having to scroll/pan around the Model 15 UI to reach the parameters :(

A patchable Model D Style app would be more to my liking and well Model 15 makes my Air 2 uncomfortably hot after ~20 minutes of usage. Must be the UI that uses Metal that heats up the GPU as the iPad doesn't get hot when the Model 15 Rack UI is hidden...

• I have ALWAYS wanted a hardware Moog synth. Doesn't matter how good the ios synths are, and I think they are stunning, I still want one and will likely get this one (but not until a couple of years from now). I was close to getting a Sub37 but the modular googahhh on the GrandMother just seems like it would be so rewarding and much fun.

• My grandpa, he's 95 ...

• Hey Grandma

• Also, if past MoogFests are any indication, they’ll be offering full production of the Sub-Harmonicon in a few months. So it’s a good time to be a wealthy Moog fan, and a tempting time to be a Moog fan with a normal income

• @RUST( i )K said:

I do.

Did you have to go and post this?! :)
    Now I must have one
    Confused by the technician at the beginning saying Moog two different ways :D

• hehe I always do that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@jrjulius said:
    Also, if past MoogFests are any indication, they’ll be offering full production of the Sub-Harmonicon in a few months. So it’s a good time to be a wealthy Moog fan, and a tempting time to be a Moog fan with a normal income

Sub-Harmonicon looks interesting
    hello granddad

Incest isn't always a bad thing

WAIT WUT

• @kinkujin said:
    I have ALWAYS wanted a hardware Moog synth. Doesn't matter how good the ios synths are, and I think they are stunning, I still want one and will likely get this one (but not until a couple of years from now). I was close to getting a Sub37 but the modular googahhh on the GrandMother just seems like it would be so rewarding and much fun.

Feel quit the same. I just don´t like the spring reverb on this. But in general i don´t like spring reverbs. Sounds terrible to me mostly.
    However, this is actually an affordable Moog. The sub 37 CV is what i´m lurking at but it´s a double the price.

• I love spring reverbs but I'm old and vibey too. hehe

• If anyones looking for a cheap moog I noticed Prodigys are going for around $600, kind of disappointing in that Ive have one for ages and was hoping there would be an inflated collectors market by now.

• Sack the lot of em! They haven't come up with a original thought in decades (other than animoog:)
    And those ye olde synths like rogue and prodigy sound as ruff as a badgers arse!
    Hehe

• @mrcanister said:
    Sack the lot of em! They haven't come up with a original thought in decades (other than animoog:)
    And those ye olde synths like rogue and prodigy sound as ruff as a badgers arse!
    Hehe

True but until someone comes out with an accurate badgers arse simulator for iPad its all i've got!

• True but until someone comes out with an accurate badgers arse simulator for iPad its all i've got!
    :)
    Maybe I would appreciate the prodigy more now. I borrowed one in 2010 and only synth I'd used was the alesis micron I had at the time. I do like badgers too :)

• Oh, on a thought. Have you tried the mod for your prodigy? The guy I borrowed it from mentioned its pretty easy to do. Think it's for x mod

• I’d like to see some video of a guitar running through this, which is one of its neater features.

• edited May 2018

@mistercharlie said:
    I’d like to see some video of a guitar running through this, which is one of its neater features.

Been exchanging posts on another forum with a lucky dog who got one a couple of days ago. He says you have to trigger the synth to get guitar or other external audio processed. He was experimenting with Pocket Operators. Fortunately, the sequencer is handy for triggering - no need to put a weight on a key like on the Voyager.

Note there are other audio inputs besides the Instrument one. You can even plug a guitar into the Linear FM input of the 2nd oscillator.

• @mrcanister said:
    Oh, on a thought. Have you tried the mod for your prodigy? The guy I borrowed it from mentioned its pretty easy to do. Think it's for x mod

Given the condition its in, Im happy it works at all and rather not push my luck :D
    I did look into a CV/Gate upgrade since its 1st generation and doesnt have that but the technician I called just kept trying to sell me a whole reconditioned unit.

Heres the most badgery sour ass juice dripping recording I made with it.
    As much as I love apps they just dont have that same level of unpredictable nastiness.

• 1nsomniak Hate to break it to you and kermit but that's definitely not a moog he's got there. Hehe :)
    Yeah, at times I love a bit of nasty.
    I recall it sounded a bit like dropping an electric fire in the bath tub (obviously without anyone in it)
    and listening to the fizz of electricity o_O
    That video looked fun. Fine vintage sound

• Looking at the signal flow diagram the sample and hold does not have a break jack on the input, and is for some reason hard-wired only to the noise gen. what on earth is the point of such a ridiculous limitation, given that there’s jacks all over the place elsewhere. That’s a poor design decision, and I would find this limitation too infuriating every time I use it.

• @mrcanister yeah thats the yardsale dx100, more suited for outdoor winter synthing, and thats not Kermit, its the MANPHIBIAN!

• @1nsomniak
    manphibian. hehe.
    well, that mask worked. it was the last thing i thought about before falling asleep last night

• This Grandma is very much in demand, that's for sure. Guitar Center/Musicians Friend was the sole distributor of the 500 Moogfest edition units - now the website says Sold Out

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Moogfest-Synth-Sale.gc?icid=411073

• @GovernorSilver said:
    This Grandma is very much in demand, that's for sure. Guitar Center/Musicians Friend was the sole distributor of the 500 Moogfest edition units - now the website says Sold Out

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Moogfest-Synth-Sale.gc?icid=411073

Shame, I’m not sure the next batch will have the excellent aesthetic...that may have just been the special edition. Had the opportunity to buy yesterday (at least they were still listed...probably would’ve gotten an email saying i was too late), and it was tempting, but had to say no.