Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

Comments

• @syrupcore said:

Cool. Think I just read it wrong, sorry. Sounds incredibly similar to the problem Tony just posted re: Quantum and PCs. :)

Ha, yeah I read both threads after one another. Definitely a little crossover with my answer. :)

• edited October 2017

@nw1 said:
    does anyone know of a way to send program changes from a sequencer type app, or must this be done from a DAW or manually with a controller?

@syrupcore said:

Cool. Think I just read it wrong, sorry. Sounds incredibly similar to the problem Tony just posted re: Quantum and PCs. :)

Just remembered that I had seen this functionality in B-Step Pro...

Does produce some 'clicking' though.

• Has anyone deciphered/discovered what the LSB/MSB values are for iMonoPoly?

• @xagerado said:
    I reinstall the app and put all like yesterday and all it's ok.
    When I put a button in my keyboard to activate o desactívate delay by midi learn in nave, all preset buttons lost.
    I don't know if it's a problem by the app, but I reinstall again without delay button and it's ok.
    I configure without MSB OR LSB, they are in 000
    I put in my keyboard DATA 1 ( select the preset in my bank user), DATA 2 in 000, DATA 3 (018, I think this select the user bank).
    At the moment all it's ok

In Nave, I can’t seem to use program change in Ableton to change the bank, only the program. Anyone else figure this out? I’d of course like to access my own banks.

• Bump.

Any progress with Program Change outside of the first preset bank in Nave? I so want to be able to use it for live performance without manually switching programs.

• Can iM1 be added to the list on page 1?

• edited May 2018

@MikeyP said:
    Can iM1 be added to the list on page 1?

I would do but I believe the forum has changed to a system that prevents editing posts after a period of time.

Which is disappointing for threads like this.

@Michael Is there any workaround for this?

By the way @MikeyP there's a post on this thread detailing all the bank change numbers for the different packs in iM1. Just in case you're interested and not seen those yet.

• @MikeyP said:
    Has anyone deciphered/discovered what the LSB/MSB values are for iMonoPoly?

Unfortunately not.

There's a fair amount of midi issues in iMono/Poly which I've tried contacting Korg about.

One of those is no program change functionality for the 2nd bank bought as IAP.

• @soundshaper said:
    Bump.

Any progress with Program Change outside of the first preset bank in Nave? I so want to be able to use it for live performance without manually switching programs.

Did you have any luck with this?

I don't believe the app had any update for a while so this is still poorly implemented.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@MikeyP said:

I would do but I believe the forum has changed to a system that prevents editing posts after a period of time.

Which is disappointing for threads like this.

@Michael Is there any workaround for this?

By the way @MikeyP there's a post on this thread detailing all the bank change numbers for the different packs in iM1. Just in case you're interested and not seen those yet.

Ah poo. Ya thanks sir - I actually only need to access my user presets in iM1 so I am good on that front:)

• I sure wish the Korg apps had better handling of this stuff. :/ I had high hopes for iMono/Poly but its just as bad as the rest.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@MikeyP said:

If you post an updated list as a regular post to this thread and tag me in it, I'll edit the top post for you.

• edited May 2018

@syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@MikeyP said:

If you post an updated list as a regular post to this thread and tag me in it, I'll edit the top post for you.

Cool, Cheers Will.

It’s a messy thread at the moment so will try to collate all the info in the posts into something clearer.

• @SpookyZoo That is annoying! I switched on the edit lock to prevent whole destructive purges like that guy did a few months ago (and spam bait and switch). Dunno if I can change it for individual posts... I'll look into it when I get a moment

• @Michael said:
    @SpookyZoo That is annoying! I switched on the edit lock to prevent whole destructive purges like that guy did a few months ago (and spam bait and switch). Dunno if I can change it for individual posts... I'll look into it when I get a moment

Hey @Michael No worries. Syrupcore offered to help edit the first post when needed, which is unlikely to be that frequent. Cheers.

• Hey guys, I'm hopefully gonna neaten up the first post here with new and relevant info.

Please let me know which apps you're using and if they have Bank/Program change and any awkward steps that need to be taken.

It still seems to be a popular thread and would be great to get it up to date and relevant for those finding it in their search results.

I'll pool all the info received and hopefully upload the new post within 4 weeks.

Cheers

• LayR now has an option in it's settings that lets you choose to use either LSB or MSB for bank select.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hey guys, I'm hopefully gonna neaten up the first post here with new and relevant info.

Please let me know which apps you're using and if they have Bank/Program change and any awkward steps that need to be taken.

I assume you mean anything not already mentioned in this thread?

• @MikeyP said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey guys, I'm hopefully gonna neaten up the first post here with new and relevant info.

Sure.

But if you have a more succinct way of describing anything that's already been mentioned, then that's good too! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@MikeyP said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Sure.

But if you have a more succinct way of describing anything that's already been mentioned, then that's good too! :)

:)

• edited May 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

It still seems to be a popular thread and would be great to get it up to date and relevant for those finding it in their search results.

I'll pool all the info received and hopefully upload the new post within 4 weeks.

Cheers

@LivingMemorySoftware said:
    LayR now has an option in it's settings that lets you choose to use either LSB or MSB for bank select.

Cool info, thanks.

• edited May 2018

@Shazamm said:
    We can now add Zeeon to the list

Hey @Shazamm, would you be able to let me know how you've got Bank Change working in Zeeon?

Cheers! :)

• edited June 2018

this thread is great! really useful for hardware users like me....
    I have one question: are there any synths that recieve ProgCh. messages in AU version? afaik from experience, it only works when running the apps in IAA mode (standalone)... but I'm not sure about that

• edited June 2018

@_latinoise said:
    I have one question: are there any synths that recieve ProgCh. messages in AU version? afaik from experience, it only works when running the apps in IAA mode (standalone)... but I'm not sure about that

Glad some of this mess has been useful! ;)

Sure. Zeeon is working with PC in AU. PC number will select from active bank. Haven’t found a way to do Bank Change. Although I’m hoping @Shazamm will get back with how he’s managed this.

Pretty sure Mood, has AU PC too. It doesn't :(

The IceGear apps need you to save your presets in the ‘Program’ Bank and these will work with AU too.

I’ll test a few more tomorrow and report back.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@_latinoise said:

Sure. Zeeon is working with PC in AU. PC number will select from active bank. Haven’t found a way to do Bank Change. Although I’m hoping @Shazamm will get back with how he’s managed this.

Pretty sure Mood, has AU PC too.

The IceGear apps need you to save your presets in the ‘Program’ Bank and these will work with AU too.

after my post I checked again... and Zeeon works! what is confusing is that it recalls presets from the standalone version - wich don't appear in the AU version... so you can only tell by the preset name on the small oscilloscope screen (and the sound, of course)

Mood unfortunately doesn't seem to work... although maybe the presets have to be saved in another bank, as you say.... I'll check later!

• @_latinoise said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@_latinoise said:

Pretty sure Mood, has AU PC too.

after my post I checked again... and Zeeon works! what is confusing is that it recalls presets from the standalone version - wich don't appear in the AU version... so you can only tell by the preset name on the small oscilloscope screen (and the sound, of course)

Mood unfortunately doesn't seem to work... although maybe the presets have to be saved in another bank, as you say.... I'll check later!

Just checked a bunch of AU Synths and you're right, Mood and most others do not accept PC as AU.

However I did just check and we have an undisputed winner...

Poison 202 has PC aaaannnnd Bank Change as AUv3.

I have had my 8th channel on Digitakt reserved for such a find. Happy days. :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

This thread has been invaluable to me!

• @MikeyP said:

@SpookyZoo said:

This thread has been invaluable to me!

Good stuff! :)