Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I've always loved Syd. The archetypal tragic artist, such a shame that he didn't get to write more songs. Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam are two of my favourite ever Pink Floyd songs. And I don't think the rest of them were half as good songwriters as he was, and to think what he could have become.

I used to get really wasted as a teenager and listen to Piper At The Gates of Dawn, the perfect soundtrack to any kid's mushroom trips.

• English whimsy at its best.

But the Floyd we know would never have existed had he stayed in the band.

• @Zen210507 said:
    But the Floyd we know would never have existed had he stayed in the band.

It's a fascinating alternative history. David Gilmour would probably not have joined (he was bought in to replace Syd on guitar), and the music would certainly have been very different. Would it have been better? And would they have been as successful? Who knows, maybe maybe not. Personally I'm only partially a fan of post-Syd Floyd, there's some great moments (Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb) but IMO at least quite a lot of tedium as well.

• @richardyot said:
    It's a fascinating alternative history. David Gilmour would probably not have joined (he was bought in to replace Syd on guitar), and the music would certainly have been very different. Would it have been better? And would they have been as successful? Who knows, maybe maybe not. Personally I'm only partially a fan of post-Syd Floyd, there's some great moments (Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb) but IMO at least quite a lot of tedium as well.

>

Big fan of counterfactual history. One of those might have been bands I wonder about is HELP. Which for anyone here who has not come across this, was going to be ELP fronted by Jimi Hendrix.

Would Sid remaining in Pink Floyd have been successful? Probably not, given that his interest in drugs was far greater than his waning interest in music. I also find it unlikely that, whatever work Sid had been capable of doing could top Dark Side of the Moon.

I know what you mean about tedium, though. Gilmour’s solo efforts are lacklustre at best, and the ‘last’ Pink Floyd album sounded almost unfinished to me, without meaningful lyrics from Waters.

• Love Syd, love Gilmour era Floyd. All good.

I used to know Nick Masons cousin, and enjoyed hearing her tales of the bands early days (Syd was a regular visitor to her flat, and vice versa).

• The world likely missed out on a three disc rock opera involving a magic crumpet and a messianic greengrocer with peculiar tastes.
    Maybe?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    The world likely missed out on a three disc rock opera involving a magic crumpet and a messianic greengrocer with peculiar tastes.
    Maybe?

On my first read of this I saw 'peculiar testes'

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    The world likely missed out on a three disc rock opera involving a magic crumpet and a messianic greengrocer with peculiar tastes.
    Maybe?

That could work; we are talking about three discs.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Maybe?

That could work; we are talking about three discs.

:D :D

• I like how ramshackle The Madcap Laughs is. Everything sounds like it's just barely holding itself together (probably is). There's one measure in Octopus where the entire band drops a beat... it's hilarious, brilliant and confusing all at once.

Clearly Syd's whole thing wasn't sustainable, so there wasn't really any other way it could go. While I respect Syd's contribution, once he left the band became considerably more approachable. Whether that's good or not I leave to you....

• @Zen210507 said:

@richardyot said:

>

Big fan of counterfactual history. One of those might have been bands I wonder about is HELP. Which for anyone here who has not come across this, was going to be ELP fronted by Jimi Hendrix.

I am sure I read something recently that the Hendrix in ELP thing was a myth, it was never on the cards. Great story though!

• Was it the acid or male pattern baldness that made Syd go mad. We'll never know. But See Emily play and Arnold lane are the best psychedelic pop singles ever! I do love meddle and dark side tho

• @AndyPlankton said:

>

This is (apparently) what happens when you take too many drugs. Just say no. :)

• I could happily live out my days with a regular listen to Opel

• @PhilW said:
    I am sure I read something recently that the Hendrix in ELP thing was a myth, it was never on the cards. Great story though!

>

Who knows for sure, these days.

Another one I read was supposedly the first choice for what would become Led Zeppelin -

Jeff Beck
    Rod Stewart
    John Entwistle
    Keith Moon

Always fun to play with these concepts. :)

The great singer, who technically could have fronted The Who, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple or Free, and possibly done a better job than the people who did get the gig, is Graham Bonnet. Best known for his stint in Rainbow.

• @mrcanister said:
    See Emily play and Arnold lane are the best psychedelic pop singles ever!

Alongside Pictures of Matchstick Men, whatever happened to those guys

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

>

This is (apparently) what happens when you take too many drugs. Just say no. :)

It may be too late, but I'll try anyway.....
    No

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

>

Not forgetting ‘SF Sorrow is Born’ by the Pretty Things. Also, ‘Cheese and Onion’ from The Rutles. :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

You do know that was by The Quo..?

• edited May 2018

@Jocphone said:
    I could happily live out my days with a regular listen to Opel

Before that came out me and a few Syd obsessives sourced a lot of those tracks on bootleg tapes. I remember walking into the painting room at art college and hearing Milky Way blasting out, and running to my mates corner to blag a copy.

Still got a load of stuff on tape that’s never been released.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

MrsChasteen had PoMM stuck in her head last week (not a bad earworm in my opinion)
    She was shocked to discover that Status Quo became the boogie band that she frequently saw on television when she was a kid in England.

• @Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

:D I do indeed. They dramatically changed too ;)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

MrsChasteen had PoMM stuck in her head last week (not a bad earworm in my opinion)
    She was shocked to discover that Status Quo became the boogie band that she frequently saw on television when she was a kid in England.

boogie band - LOL

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    I could happily live out my days with a regular listen to Opel

Before that came out me and a few Syd obsessives sourced a lot of those tracks on bootleg tapes. I remember walking into the painting room at art college and hearing Milky Way blasting out, and running to my mates corner to blag a copy.

Still got a load of stuff on tape that’s never been released.

Actually when I found an Opel playlist on youtube last night it then progressed onto some stuff I hadn't heard. Never gets old for me.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

Sorry, I thought you were asking what happened to them rather than what happened to them.. :lol:

• @Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

Sorry, I thought you were asking what happened to them rather than what happened to them.. :lol:

hehehe :)

• edited May 2018

I am shocked that anyone would mention Status Quo in a Syd Barrett thread. Wash your mouth out with soap.

• @richardyot said:
    I've always loved Syd. The archetypal tragic artist, such a shame that he didn't get to write more songs. Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam are two of my favourite ever Pink Floyd songs. And I don't think the rest of them were half as good songwriters as he was, and to think what he could have become.

I used to get really wasted as a teenager and listen to Piper At The Gates of Dawn, the perfect soundtrack to any kid's mushroom trips.

When I grew up in the 70s, he was my idol....
    but there were never any news about him then... just rumours
    his music is perfect to most kinda trips, but lay off the Mandrax :)