Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliott Garage apps are getting updated to AU

It looks like all of the Elliott Garage apps are getting updated to AU. The developer said he wanted to do this a year ago so I told him I bought the lot in support of the initiative. Nice to see it come through.

EG DRUMS COMPLETE by Elliott Garage
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app-bundle/eg-drums-complete/id1283324921?mt=8

Comments

• The EGSY01 synth too (with @RedSkyLullaby patches).

• Well that will be good once it happens.

• Yeah, obvious Photoshop hackery going on here.
    Just playin’. B)

• @gusgranite - I’m not familiar with these apps. Do they sound good and/or distinctive? It looks like the drum sequencer is a part of the AU version which is pretty great (not just a sound module).

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@ALB said:
    @gusgranite - I’m not familiar with these apps. Do they sound good and/or distinctive? It looks like the drum sequencer is a part of the AU version which is pretty great (not just a sound module).

Good yes, distinctive no (at least for the drum machines). They’re sample based recreations of the 606, 808, 909, and LinnDrum, with faithfully loving interfaces that really give you the vibe of those classics. They do have a great little onboard pattern sequencer and a song mode for string them together. I’m very fond of them. My only complaint is the volume out is too low. The first thing I do is crank the volume all the way up to get it to an almost decent level along with other apps.

EGSY01 is a different story altogether. That’s a squawking beast of a totally unique kind. If you can tame it, or your stuff thrives on that kind of gnarliness, then it is gold.

• @ALB said:
    @gusgranite - I’m not familiar with these apps. Do they sound good and/or distinctive? It looks like the drum sequencer is a part of the AU version which is pretty great (not just a sound module).

I like the synth a lot, it’s capable of some truly unruly digital sounds.

• edited May 2018

Here I am guys and yes the engine of both app is now ready for AU3. Sorry for the delay @gusgranite but it was a really busy period (with a baby of 3 months it's pretty tough to find the right time and the AU3 support it's not really straight forward).

About EGDR808 Drum app I've thought of leaving the sequencing engine even in the AU3 version, so that people can sync it with Ableton Link inside any host (like AUM).
    I'll release the app in a couple of week (or even less) so If you have any request or suggestion talk now :)

PS thanks for your support @gusgranite

• @ElliottGarage definitely no apology necessary!! I’m just another demanding internet bod and it’s family first - always!

I think it’s great that this is happening though and I will help spread the word :smile:

• @ElliottGarage will you make the MIDI trigger notes general MIDI so Rozeta X0X can sequence them without the need for new templates maybe?

• @gusgranite both EGDR808 and EGSY01 can receive MIDI from other apps even in AU3 mode. For EGDR808 simply don't start its own sequencer and it will play the MIDI from Rozeta X0X

• @ElliottGarage nice! And will we be able to automate the pitch and panning as well? If you need us to test in BM3 and AUM let us know!

• @gusgranite if you send me to [email protected] your Apple Id I can add you to my testflight so that you can test the app as soon as it will be ready.
    What hosts supports automation of the parameters?

• ALBALB
    edited May 2018

@ElliottGarage Bm3 and AUM both support automation, Cubasis too, I think.

• edited May 2018

@ALB said:

As @wim said, from a sample point of view the sounds are classic but, as well as the sound, I like the features and design. A welcome addition to the drum AUs!

• edited May 2018

There will only be 808 or 909 too (and other your drum machines)?

• For sure I will bring also the other drum machines, but I don't have a timeline yet.
    I'll try to be fast :)

• @wim thanks for your good words :) With the drum machines update I'll try to bring the volume up ;)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @wim thanks for your good words :) With the drum machines update I'll try to bring the volume up ;)

Please test the default volume alongside Model D AU or Zeeon AU?.... both of these have a way of making drums initially sound very small

• @ElliottGarage very happy to hear this. Enjoy noodling with all your apps.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Here I am guys and yes the engine of both app is now ready for AU3. Sorry for the delay @gusgranite but it was a really busy period (with a baby of 3 months it's pretty tough to find the right time and the AU3 support it's not really straight forward).

About EGDR808 Drum app I've thought of leaving the sequencing engine even in the AU3 version, so that people can sync it with Ableton Link inside any host (like AUM).
    I'll release the app in a couple of week (or even less) so If you have any request or suggestion talk now :)

@ElliottGarage congrats on the baby, miracle that you are finding the time to code, but I suppose if you are up anyway......

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @wim thanks for your good words :) With the drum machines update I'll try to bring the volume up ;)

The drum machines REALLY need an increase in volume .. and as I've said on many occasions the tr808 kick is far too woolly to be of use. Sorry to sound harsh but it's pretty much unusable with other apps as it is. I know you usually take on board feedback so here's hoping :)

• @enc said:

@ElliottGarage said:

The drum machines REALLY need an increase in volume .. and as I've said on many occasions the tr808 kick is far too woolly to be of use. Sorry to sound harsh but it's pretty much unusable with other apps as it is. I know you usually take on board feedback so here's hoping :)

I’m always up for a fatter kick. It seems to be an issue with many apps as I always need to beef up the kick.

• There's chunk but no click to the kick on the eg808. I know the developer is usually pretty responsive

• @ElliottGarage said:

YES!!! I HAVE A REQUEST!!!!!! lol, can you also do EGLM1- LM1?

• edited May 2018

@Strizbiz said:

>

An EGSample could be quite neat too as an homage to the Sequential Circuits Studio 440?

Some of the factory samples here...
    http://samples.kb6.de/hfiehhwodwcnsjdcnsk/[KB6]_Sequential_Circuits_Studio-440.rar

• @wim said:

@ALB said:

Good yes, distinctive no (at least for the drum machines). They’re sample based recreations of the 606, 808, 909, and LinnDrum, with faithfully loving interfaces that really give you the vibe of those classics. They do have a great little onboard pattern sequencer and a song mode for string them together. I’m very fond of them. My only complaint is the volume out is too low. The first thing I do is crank the volume all the way up to get it to an almost decent level along with other apps.

EGSY01 is a different story altogether. That’s a squawking beast of a totally unique kind. If you can tame it, or your stuff thrives on that kind of gnarliness, then it is gold.

You could try putting it through FAC Maxima, too. It is good for growing balls. :)

• @Samu said:

@Strizbiz said:

>

An EGSample could be quite neat too as an homage to the Sequential Circuits Studio 440?

Some of the factory samples here...
    http://samples.kb6.de/hfiehhwodwcnsjdcnsk/[KB6]_Sequential_Circuits_Studio-440.rar

nice, thanks, I used to have a sequential circuits tom years back, I have a sample library somewhere on one of my external HDs. I loved the Tom , It gave me that Linn Drum type sound back in the day.

• @Strizbiz said:

+1
    In fact, I wanted to suggest that this seems like a much better choice for the first one to start with. There are already some excellent 808 type AUv3's, and you can get pretty close to a 909 with Ruismaker, but nothing that really nails the LM1 that I know of. IMO you're starting with the most crowded space by doing the 808.

Anyway, I can't wait to see them all AUv3 as I really like all of them, but it's getting increasingly hard to get myself to use anything IAA anymore. Good luck and thanks for all the hard work.