Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM with FLSM3?

I’m so bored of waiting for Flsm 3 to support Auv3 or BM3 to come out on iPhone, I quite want to buy a new app to play with.

I keep hearing how amazing AUM is but does it work with Flsm 3 in any way?

Comments

• I don’t have FLSM, but they say it has IAA, Audiobus, and Midi, so AUM could host all your AUv3 and send the audio to FL. You could send Midi from Rozeta hosted in AUM to it as well. Cubasis has similar connectivity support as what is listed for FLSM, and it works in Cubasis. Should work for you too in theory, since it is just IAA support that is required.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

It worked OK with Audiobus last I checked, but that was a couple of months ago. I suggest heading over to the image-line forum for up to date info on FLSM - that is if you own it already. I think that topic might be locked unless you're a registered FLSM owner.

• edited May 2018

@gregsmith said:
    I’m so bored of waiting for Flsm 3 to support Auv3 or BM3 to come out on iPhone, I quite want to buy a new app to play with.

I keep hearing how amazing AUM is but does it work with Flsm 3 in any way?

AUM via IAA, like anything via IAA (edit: I mean here in FLSM) is a clstrfck, at least on latest beta.
    Via Audiobus you’ll have more luck....

• I actually went back and added “in theory” to my post after reading the first draft. I vaguely recall people crying in pain over the FLSM IAA implementation, but it seems like that was a while ago. I assumed it might be fixed by now, but then again, why was it so bad in the first place? I would hope the Audiobus support is rock solid, in which case you could host AUv3 instruments in it instead of using AUM/IAA.

• I would use FLSM standalone. It’s much more fun that way.

• @anickt said:
    I would use FLSM standalone. It’s much more fun that way.

I second that emotion

• i wouldn't use FLSM at all - it's a pita as are the il guys. ymmv

• edited May 2018

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been using flsm3 for a while now and love it on its own, but I have some sounds I can only make in standalone synths that I want to bring to the tracks I’ve made. I tried using auv3 apps with Audiobus like Zeeon but had issues with buffer overflow or something (see my other thread). I think flsm3 would be better with auv3 built in but I’m bored of waiting for an update that may never come. All they do is moan about how bad IAA is.

BM3 has auv3 support of course but doesn’t support iphone. They’ve not even given an indication of when it might come out for iPhone either.

I don’t understand why they don’t bring smaller regular updates like other app devs do rather than waiting months for mega updates.

• @gregsmith said:
    I don’t understand why they don’t bring smaller regular updates like other app devs do
    rather than waiting months for mega updates.

i'd say lack of man power.
    and i think they bit off more than they can chew. they want to keep the mobile versions in sync on all platforms. supporting/debugging/troubleshooting more than one platform they know inside out and back to front must be a nightmare. but they chose it to be this way on purpose...

• edited May 2018

all having been said, Fl studio is #2 is apple music category!! Obviously lot of users don't care about AUM/Audiobus or are not members of this forum

• Good point @dermichl , I always forget about multi platform support. Still seems it would be easier to bring a couple of features at a time.

flsm is a fantastic app - it’s superb on iphone which is where I make music. It would basically be perfect imo with auv3

• How about just using GarageBand on iPhone to do the AU stuff? It has Midi in so you could sequence in another app if you prefer. GB could host the AU and render to audio for you to export to FLSM.

But check around about GB. I don’t use it much, but I think there are grumblings about problems with AU plug in rendering. There are threads talking about it, but I haven’t been following them too closely. But if you decide to try GB, it’s just a heads up that it may have a few issues as well.

• @gregsmith said:
    Thanks for the replies. I’ve been using flsm3 for a while now and love it on its own, but I have some sounds I can only make in standalone synths that I want to bring to the tracks I’ve made. I tried using auv3 apps with Audiobus like Zeeon but had issues with buffer overflow or something (see my other thread). I think flsm3 would be better with auv3 built in but I’m bored of waiting for an update that may never come. All they do is moan about how bad IAA is.

BM3 has auv3 support of course but doesn’t support iphone. They’ve not even given an indication of when it might come out for iPhone either.

I don’t understand why they don’t bring smaller regular updates like other app devs do rather than waiting months for mega updates.

I'm beta testing a new update. I never used it with Audiobus but I'm I'm going to try and chat with them about all these issues you have. :)

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

If you don’t need to sequence your AU apps from within FLSM, but only to get the audio in there, then you can put FLSM in the output slot of Audiobus and feed the audio from them into an audio track. It’s not great because FLSM doesn’t support Link or Audiobus global transport. So you have to manually match the tempos, then trim and move the clips.

You can also have AUM in the input slot for more flexibility just remember to select FLSM as the output in the channel you want to record.

Sadly, although FLSM seems to work as an Audiobus midi sender, the audio ends up with clicks and pops at the end of every note. There just doesn’t seem to any way to make it work cleanly if you’re sending midi to anything.

If they can’t get this stuff right, I wish they’d at least support something better than audio copy to import audio files. It’s so sad to me that such a great company has such a dissapointing product.

• @wim said:

If they can’t get this stuff right, I wish they’d at least support something better than audio copy to import audio files. It’s so sad to me that such a great company has such a dissapointing product.

You can use Open In to get audio files into FLSM. Not ideal but it works. I’ve suggested that their import and file system need improvement.

• @anickt said:

@wim said:

You can use Open In to get audio files into FLSM. Not ideal but it works. I’ve suggested that their import and file system need improvement.

Thanks! I didn’t realize that. That is certainly a big help. It doesn’t provide a solution if th OP wants to sequence AUs from within FLSM, but for just getting audio in it’s a totally workable solution. I always prefer importing rather than trying to record into apps where possible.

• Thanks again for all the replies and thanks @Ivan_Dj . This forum is incredibly responsive :smile:

I’ll have a play around with some of these suggestions (GarageBand is a good one) which will at least keep us busy.

I can’t even post on the Image-Line forums for some reason. I have an account but they don’t seem to have given me enough priveliges to add a post.

• @hisdudeness said:
    all having been said, Fl studio is #2 is apple music category!! Obviously lot of users don't care about AUM/Audiobus or are not members of this forum

Is it

• edited May 2018

@BiancaNeve said:

@hisdudeness said:

Is it

I was referring to this!

• Might depend on the country?

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Might depend on the country?

True, So it’s popular in the UAE on iphone

• MINTZER BIG BAND ESSENTIALS! No idea how I missed that....

• Is it a separate chart for iPhone?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    MINTZER BIG BAND ESSENTIALS! No idea how I missed that....

Been on the fence, waiting for AUx3 implementation...

• @gregsmith said:
    Thanks again for all the replies and thanks @Ivan_Dj . This forum is incredibly responsive :smile:

I’ll have a play around with some of these suggestions (GarageBand is a good one) which will at least keep us busy.

I can’t even post on the Image-Line forums for some reason. I have an account but they don’t seem to have given me enough priveliges to add a post.

You have to own and register a copy of FLSM to post on that particular sub-forum.

• Ah thanks, just registered and now I can post. I’m going to stop bothering you guys about auv3 and bother them a bit instead!

• @gregsmith said:
    Ah thanks, just registered and now I can post. I’m going to stop bothering you guys about auv3 and bother them a bit instead!

Good luck with that! ;)

• @gregsmith said:
    Ah thanks, just registered and now I can post. I’m going to stop bothering you guys about auv3 and bother them a bit instead!

don't overdue bothering them or you will get banned! they can't stand the truth! they only like yay sayers...

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@dermichl said:

@gregsmith said:

don't overdue bothering them or you will get banned! they can't stand the truth! they only like yay sayers...

You’re still butt hurt over that? Sheesh.