Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning to Beatmaker 3

Hey guys, I am trying to route audio from Patterning drum machine into BeatMaker 3.

I have tried using Audiobus and inter app audio, but I cannot seem to get BeatMaker 3 to record any sound that patterning produces. I want to record track by track (8 tracks).

Please can anybody suggest any tips? I am new to BeatMaker 3 :)

Comments

• Here’s one quick way that works.

• Add Patterning (Main Output) IAA to a pad on a bank . (This is the key)
    • Add the individual Patterning (Track 1) through Patterning (Track 8) on other pads in this bank.
    • Add an audio track for each Patterning track that you want to record. Set the input for each to the pad you want to record on that track. (Note the select-pad button next to the bank name).
    • Make sure each track you want to record is armed (this is not the default)
    • You probably don’t want arm the original bank, unless you want to capture the MIDI.
    • Press Record. When playback starts it’ll record on any armed tracks.

It will only work if you have the Main Output loaded to the bank. Otherwise, nothing happens.

• @wim said:
    Here’s one quick way that works.

• Add Patterning (Main Output) IAA to a pad on a bank . (This is the key)
    • Add the individual Patterning (Track 1) through Patterning (Track 8) on other pads in this bank.
    • Add an audio track for each Patterning track that you want to record. Set the input for each to the pad you want to record on that track. (Note the select-pad button next to the bank name).
    • Make sure each track you want to record is armed (this is not the default)
    • You probably don’t want arm the original bank, unless you want to capture the MIDI.
    • Press Record. When playback starts it’ll record on any armed tracks.

It will only work if you have the Main Output loaded to the bank. Otherwise, nothing happens.

That seems brilliant and totally counterintuitive. How did you ever discover that?

• BM3’s way of getting tracks to audio is totally counter-intuitive, but I believe is explained somewhere. I think I learned it, not intuited it, but I can’t remember where or how.

As for adding the main out to get it to work? I started by adding the main out, pressed play, and heard sound. While doing that I noticed the individual outs, so I replaced the main out with track 1 out. Humm ... no sound. So I tried adding it back and it worked. If I’d have started with the individual tracks I might not have figured that out. I just got lucky.

• Yah Cubasis requires the main output as well for the seperates to work. I think it may be an IAA thing?

• BTW, unless there’s some reason one wants to record through BM3, it’s a lot easier just to export the tracks to audio from Patterning then dump them into BM3.

• edited May 2018

The exports real nice... ahhh zips out and zips in... not enough apps do this.

The OP probably wants to record kit switching which for me is half the fun with Patterning.

• Wim thank you! That’s so interesting about the main out being essential, I missed this out and was really struggling!

Exporting audio could be a simple way to do it. I want to just be able to quickly record new patterns without ruining my workflow every time. Do you guys have a quick solution to import/export?